Economy and ecology => compatible?

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
avygel
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by avygel » 05/09/08, 13:19

I know that some people will say that it is quite possible to combine ecology and economy but for my part I see things in a different way.

Indeed, the economy and ecology can coexist but only on a very small scale, impossible for governments to stop polluting massively whatever their efforts, and with China (1st pollution in the world) and India which goes I'm fast pessimistic about the future of humanity, we are talking about global warming and melting of the polar cap by 2050 but from my point of view it may happen much sooner (increase in population , massive use of resources, ..).

it is said that what we have done for the environment must be done for our children but in fact we will also see the fall of this system
(unless you are already 70 years old ^^) and within 30 or 40 years our world will no longer be that of today, remains to be seen what it will look like.

Here is my point of view (pessimistic it is true but makes them there)
++ everyone
0 x
Christine
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by Christine » 05/09/08, 14:08

Whether it's for us or for our children, it's always anthropocentrism.

Always our inability to see beyond the tip of our little nose ...
0 x
Gregconstruct
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gregconstruct » 05/09/08, 14:29

I guess you're talking about economics in the global sense of the word.

It is currently difficult to believe that economics and ecology are made to get along.
But the only responsibility does not come from governments or companies.
Even if today, companies no longer seek to meet the needs of consumers but rather to create new needs. Consumers also have a duty to consume reasonably.
They will therefore end up imposing on companies the obligation to produce with greater respect for the environment.

We must also not hide behind the fact that China is the number one polluter and that India is just behind.
Even if the western countries are not the n ° 1 of the pollution every gesture which they will make to reduce the polluting emissions of any type will not be swords in the water!
0 x
Every action counts for our planet !!!