Forced March ... in the wrong way?

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
Pyvesd
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Forced March ... in the wrong way?

by Pyvesd » 04/07/07, 00:13

Some people don't know the concept of degrowth : Evil:
Having a chance like this and not knowing how to seize it : Cry:

http://actualite.free.fr/monde/3_2007-0 ... P1873.html

The head of the Spanish government promises aid of 2.500 euros for each new birth
[03/07/2007 22:01]

MADRID (AP) - The head of the Spanish government announced Tuesday the granting of 2.500 euros in financial assistance to families at the time of each birth. Jose Luis Rodriguez Zapatero stressed that Spain "needs more families with more children" to continue on the path of sustained economic growth.

The population in Spain has reached 45 million, and 480.000 births were registered last year, of which 16,46% were in a household with an immigrant mother.

Sixteen percent of the population - 7,3 million Spaniards - are over the age of 65.

In 2006, the National Institute of Statistics recorded a fertility rate of 1,37 children per woman in Spain.

Labor Minister Jesus Caldera said the allowance of 2.500 euros would be extended to families adopting children. AP
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 09/07/07, 13:53

Yep ... completely deplorable ... :|

All that for "continue on the path of sustained economic growth."... :frown:

When will they understand?
0 x
"I am a big brute, but I rarely mistaken ..."
Christophe

by Christophe » 17/09/07, 10:31

Here about this measure, there was a controversy in Spain by a satirical newspaper:

It is the king and the queen copulating and the text says:

"Do you realize if you get pregnant?"
"This will be the most like working I have done in my life"

Spanish justice maintains charge against El Jueves

The Spanish public prosecutor's office has maintained the accusation against the authors of the drawing of Prince Felipe and his wife in the midst of sexual intercourse, but he claims only a simple fine instead of a prison sentence

Source
0 x