Fusion GDF / Suez

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
Targol
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Fusion GDF / Suez

by Targol » 06/09/06, 15:53

Un small article on this merger on yahoo caught my eye.

This is the paragraph on companies that, having decided to switch to competition in terms of energy supply, want to return to the historical suppliers EDF and GDF, which seems to me the most intersting.

I summarize :
  • Brussels has imposed on member countries the opening of the energy supply market to competition, the guarantee of a "tariff war" alone capable of lowering prices.
  • In France, this "opening" of the market to competition began with supply to companies.
  • Some companies then changed their gas or electricity supplier. It turns out that these companies are complaining right now that their power purchase rates are much higher than if they bought from their previous suppliers.
  • The government therefore provides in this law, in addition to authorizing the state to reduce its share in gdf (currently set at least 70% per law), to make the price difference to EDF ... companies pay less.

So, not only does the opening of the market, far from lowering the rates, have increased them, but in addition, it is up to the incumbent operator to pay for those who have chosen not to remain faithful to it. : Shock:

Decidedly, I would never understand and test the liberal doctrine :x

"The market is self-regulating" us economists ... and it is the taxes of individuals who suffer in the event of a leak. : Evil:
0 x
"Anyone who believes that exponential growth can continue indefinitely in a finite world is a fool, or an economist." KEBoulding
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/09/06, 21:31

0 x

Back to "Economy and finance, sustainability, growth, GDP, ecological tax systems"