Full Currency Initiative

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Full Currency Initiative

by dede2002 » 31/03/18, 07:08

Hello everybody

We will vote in Switzerland to remove the commercial banks power to grant credits from nothing! : Mrgreen:

http://www.initiative-monnaie-pleine.ch/

The opinion of the bankers ... :P

http://www.swissbanking.org/fr/themes/a ... aie-pleine

A+
0 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

Re: Full Currency Initiative

by dede2002 » 31/03/18, 11:11

What amuses me, but I laugh yellow, is the second sentence of the argument of the bankers, "It is incomprehensible, because this system works well".

There is no worse deaf person than one who does not want to hear, obviously it works well for them, since they can accumulate the benefits from the accumulation of abstract values ​​...

In case of acceptance of the initiative the profits would come back to us, via the State, and obviously the taxpayers would no longer need to finance these profits, but that they do not say it!

Undeniable: we could work 2x less to live the same thing, not work the same to win the double.
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 31/03/18, 12:35

It is understandable, indeed, that the banks are rebelling against a measure that no longer allows them to establish themselves as trusted third party in the establishment of debt, since it deprives them of a significant commercial resource. However, the postponement of the public power will not solve most of the economic problems; the merit of this political choice (if it is adopted) will be to demonstrate it, which is far from negligible in terms of awareness.
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 01/04/18, 10:56

Hello,

Is not one of the essential problems of the economy the impossibility of infinite growth? Who tried to be bypassed by the system of infinite credits?
In case of acceptance what would it change? Apart from the fact that the state would no longer pay interest, he can still create credits to infinity ...?
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 01/04/18, 12:49

The cake is the credit or the debt (it's obviously the same thing) and the cherry is the interest: many focus on the cherry and do not wonder about the cake ... De anyway, conceptually, all money is debt.
We can effectively summarize the problem of the economy as being that of the impossibility of infinite growth; for my part, I would describe the details of what this pithy phrase suggests. the finality of the economy is the infinite accumulation of abstract value, which passes through the growth of the production of goods, which implies, on the one hand, a perpetual increase in productivity, which itself undermines the other base of the valorization (which is the consumption-destruction of the goods) and on the other hand the destruction of the natural wealth and therefore the conditions of life on Earth.
0 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 01/04/18, 13:52

Okay, but concretely, would this initiative not be a beginning of change? or awakening consciousnesses? I understood that it was safer to be pessimistic, but considering the purpose you describe it is all the interest to look for another ...

ps: for the cherry, with the negative interests, we do not know who eats what ...
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 01/04/18, 16:11

... or a beginning of false change? ... or denial of reality?

The negative interest points to the "cherry" aspect and the usefulness of the cake in maintaining the system ... The reverse leverage effect of the debt on the "classic" activity generated is 4/1 or 5/1, nothing to show off! In any case, this is the price to pay for maintaining the illusion.
0 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 01/04/18, 21:36

But why is this initiative so scary for banks, including the national bank, and the government?

Apparently, as the cherry no longer interests anyone we will cut the cherry tree, to have room to make a bigger cake.
And when we have concrete all the garden, there will be nothing more to make the cake ... unless degrease the cake, or eat less? There are many people who never eat ...
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 01/04/18, 21:56

Each one has its own small habits and sphere of operation and any change is likely to disturb the acquired situations, without necessarily resulting in a global change. Basically, it just involves losers and winners, but it's probably a zero-sum game.
0 x
dede2002
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by dede2002 » 10/05/18, 20:19

In fact, there is little talk here, if I had not read the newspaper BAS I may not know that this initiative exists.

What interests me is that it can be a brake on "growth", a means of containing this acceleration which we know induces a destruction (too rapid transformation) of the conditions necessary for the maintenance of life on Earth, especially ours.

An adjustment measure to continue more beautiful?

The urgent thing, it seems to me, is to slow down, so that we have time to adapt!

We will see, on June 10, what "we" will decide ... :P

* "we", in this case, also includes non-human living beings ...
0 x

Back to "Economy and finance, sustainability, growth, GDP, ecological tax systems"