From false abundance to true austerity

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

From false abundance to true austerity

by Ahmed » 14/07/16, 13:00

This subject in version "forum"is the counterpart of the article which has just been published on the home page of the site, (https://www.econologie.com/economie-pros ... austerite/) it is intended to develop certain points in relation to particular questions or other comments of the members.
This text is conceived as part of a sequel (at least I hope!) Articles aimed at popularizing some rather complex aspects of political and economic criticism. It is quite ambitious, I am aware, especially since I would like to avoid, as much as possible, to sink into the outrageous schematism: we are not on TV!
The task is difficult because Orwell was visionary in conceiving the concept of "Newspeak", a language which systematically inverts the meaning of words. It is in this semantic reversal that the source of current confusionism is found and it is in its unveiling that all possibility of understanding is located.
From this perspective, it will be understood better that all the calls in favor of an "ethical or equitable capitalism" stem from a generous but completely counterproductive idealism: not only does it orient the minds towards an absolute nonsense, but it contributes to consolidate unintentionally what he denounces, suggesting that a system could work in reverse of its logic. I think this last point will be the subject of a future article ...
1 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: From false abundance to true austerity

by sen-no-sen » 14/07/16, 14:57

Excellent article! 8)
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: From false abundance to true austerity

by Ahmed » 14/07/16, 19:30

Coming from you, the compliment touches me a lot! : Oops:
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."