Victory Brexit: consequences for Europe?

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
Christophe

Victory Brexit: consequences for Europe?

by Christophe » 24/06/16, 19:59

Everything is in the title: victory of Brexit, resignation of Camerron, scholarship that panics ...

Uh not terrible all this ... and for the future?
0 x
pedrodelavega
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Victory Brexit: consequences for Europe?

by pedrodelavega » 24/06/16, 21:09

Finish Europe .....
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 24/06/16, 21:19

French wines and cheeses most affected by Brexit

the 24 / 06 / 2016 TO 14H11

The French wine and spirits sector could be seriously affected by the exit of the United Kingdom from the European Union. Euler Hermes anticipates a loss of 500 million total turnover for French agribusiness. But many uncertainties remain.

http://www.usinenouvelle.com/article/le ... it.N399067

Should offer a discount on wine and cheese to the Scots if they return to Europe.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 24/06/16, 21:32

end of europe or new europe?

europe is out of order ... ungovernable ... may be a bit confused by the english who were blocking any evolution ... now europe can no longer be blocked by angalis, it will have to be effective ... if it does not become effective she will be dead

I am not the last to criticize Europe which wastes all its energy to regulate details and is completely powerless for the most serious problem

europe's only future is to become the united states of europe: a state federation that adds the power of all these states, which deals only with what is useful to pool and which is not lost in unimportant detail ... which does not impose on the state of the psychorigid principles: it is remarkable to see that the different states of the United States of America have much more different laws than what is imposed in europe, and yet the united states are more united than europe! which proves that it is useless for europe to take care of the details

Europe is doomed to become effective, or disappear! now we can no longer say that it is England that blocks all decisions
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 25/06/16, 11:46

I'm pretty happy.

In passing, an important remark: the stock markets collapse. Was there still proof that Europe as it exists today is above all the realm of money ??? If this were not the case, scholarships would do it!

I'm pretty happy, because other than braking, the English did what?

And rather happy because maybe, eyes will open ...

The old, the old, the old grumbles, the big liars, have won! I do not think it will move the UK forward.

I think that the American and Indian groups, which used England as a "gateway" and as a base for their activities in the EU, will gradually be closing in on Ireland. Who could “boomer”? I am happy. I like the Irish people. Endearing people (have you seen the behavior of their supporters ????).

I would like the English to be consistent. But already they are procrastinating: Cameron will not forward the exit request to Brussels, and leave that to his successor [this is the country to sign the result of the referendum and its intention to leave the EU]

Quite frankly, Junker should ask for his letter of resignation from the European Commissioners on Monday, Martin Schulz the same from the MEPs. In the week, I will ask the "English technocrats" in Brussels to free their office ... In the name of the sovereign decision of their country.

I bet he will be here again in two years, discussing things that do not look at them anymore!

Then agree with Chatelot: Europe must manage the problems which have a European dimension. Youth unemployment, the flow of migrants, external conflicts (why is France cleaning up in Mali, or in Libya, on its budget ???), fundamental public research ("heavy" programs ) and undoubtedly some other perfectly "transversal" subjects. Of course international economic policy: sintering with the other "blocs", China, India, the USA ...

Europe can only be federal. Or will remain a "mess".

If Europe was a village:

- would it be abnormal that some investments (football stadium, multipurpose room, school, sanitation, ...) be discussed in each family ???

- would it be unnatural (in Europe!) that it is not every family that is armed to defend itself, but that there is a municipal police?

- would it be normal for the mayor to decide what is on the menu at noon at each of them? where do we go on vacation this summer? what is the book to read, the TV program to watch ???

You replace village by Europe, and family by country, and you immediately see what a federal Europe could be like, as the village is a "federation of families", which do things together and others not ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/06/16, 12:14

From a trade point of view, it is clear that this is feared - and in 2 sense - but financially (banks) Europe may have things to gain? The City was a door (back?) Open for all the abuse of financiers around the world!

For the moment nothing is signed or acted, except the will to leave Europe. One can bet that specific trade agreements, maybe by branch of activity, will be signed? It will take a few years to put in place ... in the meantime I do not know how it will happen for all the companies that trade with the UK ??

What is sure is that, by then, UK MPs and officials working in Europe will not have much more to say ... neither do lobbies nor is rather a good point (the UK is the gateway to American lobbies in the EU ...)

Other info that I found interesting about the poll:

It is the oldest who voted massively against the EU ... they are the ones who will take the least of this choice from a temporal point of view:
http://www.lemonde.fr/les-decodeurs/art ... 55770.html

Brexit_jeunes.gif
Brexit_jeunes.gif (51.83 Kio) Viewed 7078 times

Interesting therefore the last column of this table, obviously like any sounding it is to relativize but all the same ...

Can we also assume the end of Great Britain with an exit from Scotland and Northern Ireland from the UK? There are 2 years ago, Scotland wanted to stay in the UK just because there was EU ... now that there is no EU anymore if a new referendum is done, it's the independence that will win ... suddenly!

ps: the UK was not in the EU like the other countries, as everyone knows, they did not have the euro and the Schengen agreement was restrained (I had to show my passport when I am went to Gibraltar ... which is part of the UK) ... and there were certainly plenty of other specifics ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/06/16, 12:17

Did67 wrote:I'm pretty happy.

(...)

You replace village by Europe, and family by country, and you immediately see what a federal Europe could be like, as the village is a "federation of families", which do things together and others not ...

I agree with everything you wrote, including "the front door" and the implementation of acts: I was writing my previous message when you wrote yours ... 8)
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/06/16, 12:24

0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 25/06/16, 12:30

Here and because it's topical: at Euro 2016 Wales, Scotland and England already have their own teams ... (Northern Ireland too but not qualified)

So these are already countries independent of Britain ... at least from a football point of view :)

So I think the UK is more afraid of disintegration than Europe ... no? But it is a signal for Europe that there are profound reforms to be made ...

What we don't talk about much (for the moment) and which is of considerable importance is the public debt of the UK which should (certainly ???) be subject to EU laws and which will no longer be ... she is "converted"?

We are talking about thousands of billions of euros (or pounds) there ... 90% of its GDP around: https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dette_pub ... oyaume-Uni
0 x
Did67

by Did67 » 25/06/16, 14:56

Christophe wrote:
ps: the UK was not in the EU like the other countries, as everyone knows, they did not have the euro and the Schengen agreement was restrained (I had to show my passport when I am went to Gibraltar ... which is part of the UK) ... and there were certainly plenty of other specifics ...

Warning ! Do not confuse EU, euro zone and "Schengen area".

Movement without passport and without control within the area concerns the Schengen area, including some countries that are not in the EU: Iceland, Switzerland or Norway. The control is done at the entrance to space. After we move freely.

The euro area only concerns certain EU countries, ie 19 in all. Initially, it was 11. Since then, others have joined, some "unilaterally"! Besides the United Kingdom, Sweden, for example, and a few former Eastern countries are not part of the euro zone.

These two elements are therefore not specific to the United Kingdom as a member of the EU.

On the other hand, there are, for example, the "rebate" on the budget - on the contribution that the United Kingdom owes - negotiated by Thatcher in his time, or the recent contortion of the EU on social rights denied to immigrants (obtained by Camron) ...
0 x

Back to "Economy and finance, sustainability, growth, GDP, ecological tax systems"