Luxembourg: Amazon charge VAT to 1.6% ??

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
Christophe

Luxembourg: Amazon charge VAT to 1.6% ??

by Christophe » 11/05/16, 09:48

Yesterday I made an order on Amazon.fr (it's been years since I had not made one ...), in the order summary, I was struck to find a rate of VAT downright low: 5.62 € VAT for 353.74 € HT. : Shock:

These are computer hardware and a DVD box. Delivery in France.
Logically Amazon should pay VAT in France (because they sell by mail over 100 € per year ... even per day I presume!) Therefore rates of 000% or 20% (possibly for the DVD box?)

amazon.gif
amazon.gif (16.36 KB) Viewed 5318 times

Good if we calculate correctly, that makes a VAT rate of 1.59% ... ???

Amazon Europe is registered in Luxembourg, as everyone knows ...

But this 1.59% (1.6% ???) does not correspond to any legal rate in force in France or Luxembourg, namely: http://www.aed.public.lu/tva/taux/

Currently, four rates apply to G.-D. from Luxembourg:

a standard rate of 17% for taxable transactions other than those referred to below;

a reduced rate of 8% for the supply of goods and the provision of services as well as for intra-Community acquisitions and imports of goods, such as these goods and services are designated in Annex A to the VAT law of 12.02.1979 as well as those referred to in Article 40,
paragraph 1, point 1 °, under b) and c);

a super-reduced rate of 3% for the supply of goods and the provision of services as well as for intra-Community acquisitions and imports of goods, such as these goods and services are designated in Annex B to the VAT law of 12.02.1979 ;

an intermediate rate of 14% for the supply of goods and the provision of services as well as for intra-Community acquisitions and imports of goods, such as these goods and services are designated in annex C of the VAT law of 12.02.1979.

Note the name "super reduced" a little funny :D

What can this 1.6% rate mean?

Option a) Amazon, in addition to having negotiated its tax base (a well-known practice in Luxembourg when a large company settles there) has successfully negotiated an "ultra-reduced rate especially for Amazon" ???? If so, that would be crazy ... and above all completely anti-competitive for all other companies : Shock: : Shock: : Shock:

Option b) Certain products (this basket counted ten) of my order would be sold HT? (I would see this on the invoice (s), I don't have access to it yet ...).

But it is not a professional invoice and I did not indicate my VAT number so no reason for it to be sold HT ...

All these products are "Sold by X and shipped by Amazon" and even if X is outside the EU, logically I should have paid VAT in the corresponding countries as the reminder: http://europa.eu/youreurope/business/va ... dex_fr.htm

Non-EU countries
Selling

If you sell goods to customers outside the EU, you do not have to charge VAT, but you can deduct the amount paid from your corresponding expenses (goods and services acquired to make these sales).
Buying

If you buy goods for your business from a supplier established outside the EU, you should in principle pay VAT at the point of import (and deduct it in your next tax declaration if sales are subject to VAT).

So, yes, maybe these countries in question (China ...) have a VAT rate of 0% ???

Option c) A bug?

Option d) ???

I will see more clearly with the invoices ... and will not fail to give you the continuation ...

Attention if option a) is the right one, this subject could bring me some troubles economy-finance / luxleaks-Antoine-deltour-in-jail-t14701.html : Cheesy: : Cheesy: : Cheesy:
0 x
Capt_Maloche

Re: Luxembourg: Amazon charge VAT to 1.6% ??

by Capt_Maloche » 11/05/16, 10:35

They had to grease some legs to get there :?

What did you order from Amazon? :D
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/05/16, 10:38

Capt_Maloche wrote:They had to grease some legs to get there :?

If it is a) yes ... still not force grease, just negotiate, see the remark of izentrop here: economy-finance / luxleaks-Antoine-deltour-in-jail-t14701.html # p303113

But wait until I receive the invoices ...

Capt_Maloche wrote:What did you order from Amazon? :D

Many good things : Cheesy: You already have the answer in MP : Cheesy:
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 11/05/16, 15:14

Hello,
But what do the tax services do :?:
I recently ordered and received from an English supplier, delivered by ama * on. Having not ordered from them for a long time, your post highlighted to me that the invoice is no longer systematic. So I made the request to the seller.
The rest, the next few days
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/05/16, 15:43

izentrop wrote:Hello,
But what do the tax services do :?:

Well ... they condemn the whistleblowers: economy-finance / luxleaks-Antoine-deltour-in-jail-t14701.html : roll:
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 11/05/16, 16:44

VAT is to 20% on my bill.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 11/05/16, 17:31

Yes that's what the law requires ... as you live in France ..
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 12/05/16, 21:41

in France there are only artisans and small businesses who pay full tax ... the multinational knows how to cheat legally

it's collective suicide!

as long as the state lets foreigners cheat and taxes the French excessively we will sink into unemployment
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 22/05/16, 17:58

I received most of the product ordered, there are 3 pending ...

I only received one invoice (French VAT) among the ten products ordered!

Do you think I have to bitch to ask for them? You're wasting your breath...

We all know "what" is behind Amazon and eBay ... while waiting for small (e-) traders (like the econological store) and who pay their taxes, charges and taxes ... are all dying ...

Thank you bands of assholes!

(when I say assholes, it's not necessarily that the guys from Amazon but also civil servants and politicians who leave these possible economic injustices ...)

Not only does Amazon not pay VAT and therefore promotes VAT fraud, but it also does not pay taxes ...

All this makes me well stack when we see how the little galleys ...
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 22/05/16, 21:27

well yes it's cacastrophiquue!

France crushes tax on Franco-French workers ... and lets multinational companies do what they want

it even happens that when the same item is available by amazon or by a french site the delivery is faster and free by amazon ... many professional sellers sell more by amazon than by their site

you have to take advantage of the system ... it wouldn't shock me that econology also sells by amazon if it allows it to earn better
0 x

Back to "Economy and finance, sustainability, growth, GDP, ecological tax systems"