The Steel Barons

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

The Steel Barons

by Other » 01/02/06, 16:21

Hello,

Stelco's largest and oldest steel mill in Canada is endangered
The steel mill that belonged to the Quebec government DOSCO bought by MITAL STEEL
Lately the second largest Canadian steel DOFASCO just
Buy by ARCELOR (head office in Luxembourg) two buyers were in sight
THIESSEN now that the transaction is made with Arcelor learns
Mital wants to buy Dofasco Arcelor.
MITAL STEEL buys steel mills often difficulties factories that have been subsidized by governments, and many times it profitable to make disappear some plant to concentrations of product.
All our governments are watching the steel baron who is more powerful than some government and leaves grow this monopoly, this will end, it become a CARTEL there will be only one steel company in the world, that's the globalization
Already in the scrap market it is a monopoly in the manner of the Barons of Colombia, Trying to sell 20 tons of scrap steel has to go through a series of intermediaries and we realizes that there is a personage by whom absolutely must pass., Obviously it is legal, their method is simple the steelworks Must only supply through these great suppliers who in fact are controlled by a single person, L steelmaker who fails to comply with this rule may be cut or penalized by the major supplier.
To lull the public, the media tell us that it is to counter the industrial rise of China.
When these methods of big monopoly will be generalized for the oil, the food and the automobile, the population will have just the choice of the product, that the barons will have decided
They are already more powerful than the governments they are able to bring down an elected government, they just have to make a small economic crisis, unemployment, and the good people voter returns to the ballot box, set up a government docile to the Barons.
What is happening to our beautiful democracy?
What would Robespierre say about his beautiful project? he was right on the bottom but not the right method, to fix this problem.
I am beginning to understand why young people are not going to vote, trust in politicians is at a very low level.

Andre
0 x
jp33
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by jp33 » 01/02/06, 18:01

It's been decades that I no longer fète the July 14 because I think our ancestors, those who rioted in 1789.
I think Robespierre and the whole gang were right on the bottom and the méthode.Le problem is that time is passing, "THE PEOPLE" fell asleep and GROS take the opportunity to vote and the right to pass any what.

I always say two things:

1) If one day I employ workers (which is not prèt arriving) and we persistently impose the working holiday, my home will be the July 14.

2) Who allowed those who govern us to pay handsomely as they do? Not the people !!

In 1789, they decided to govern for the people with the people (ie taking into account his opinion), and they did so to speak voluntarily because poverty was there.

Not grant them a minimum wage or slightly more decrease the number of candidates for these positions and let appear the pure,
far fewer of them.

I know, it's UTOPIA, but in 1789, it worked! and they must turn in their graves.
0 x
NEVER GIVE UP .....
bojourvous5094
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Globalization ... the circumvention of national laws ...

by bojourvous5094 » 12/03/06, 20:47

Since we set up the "fabric" of free trade, transnational companies have successful to take the true power and to set their own rules of the "game." Ie no government of a country can not legislate to stop the pumping of capital ... :|

In the past, we could "nationalize" a product, if the companies exaggerated ... Now, it is they who make the "rules" with the blessing of our heads of government ...

Since then, governments have been accumulating debts and businesses are making huge profits ...
Goods and capital are walking more and citizens less and less ... the boundaries are and will increasingly "tight" ... Thanks to terrorism ... : Idea:

The tools to break a recalcitrant country are very powerful. The World Bank is responsible for blackmail any country that opposes its policies ... The country embarks on the system where it crashes under the weight of its debt to repay ... :!:

We are witnessing a takeover of power by transnational true that not accountable to anyone ...
Profit, movement of capital and goods are the only bases of the new religion that leads the world ...... : Evil:
0 x
Other

by Other » 24/01/07, 17:56

Hello,
As Scheduled MITTAL just (amalgamate) with Arcelor, the flagship of the Lorraine steel, Belgian, and Luxembourg,
What did the European community do? like the Canadian government, nothing! watch the train pass, let go and let this giant grow., the surprises will come later.
The Mettalos will have heavy fighting was carried out in the future ..
Amalgamate it is disguised words if not (absorb)
I understands the strength of Arcelor (I had a sympathetic face in this society that resitait giant)
Following the statements of the CEO of Arcelor I note that he is not familiar with all Mittal factories, or it is to reassure the employees of its factories.
"We Arcelor make the perfume and Mittal make the cologne", this is partly true for factories in Eastern Europe and for factories in South America, but when Mittal buy Canadian steelworks are mostly high quality electric furnace steels, leaf spring automotive parts. Some steelworks are so profitable that they will pay for themselves in 5 years.
What is difficult to understand these steel mills were not profitable or not say at the time of purchase (in liquidation) it changes its name, keeps all its structure, and the same individual, increases production, following the same curve than in the past and overnight it becomes profitable?
The big boss says Mittal has not attached a country (India) it belongs to the world.
something important has escaped our politicians and I think we will suffer the blow of these big giants steel, oil, aeronautics, food, and store chain, the awakening will be brutal for young people when they will understand that they are organized with the complicity of their elected representatives.

Their method, possessing all the steelwork by accounting maneuvers, the too profitable will be drowned in the least profitable and results, little or no tax paid to the governments. (a big company must not make a profit in the fiscal sense) they often have a second book for shareholders.
In a large industry it is the tax on employee wages that is the only contribution to the government.

When the national feeling disappears, what is the cement that unites the citizens of a country? certainly not the $ ..

Andre
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 01/10/12, 11:29

Monday October 1 2012 - 11: 03

ArcelorMittal: the permanent closure of blast furnaces in Florange is confirmed, announce unions
0 x
Other

by Other » 02/10/12, 00:46

Hello
Christophe wrote:
Monday October 1 2012 - 11: 03

ArcelorMittal: the permanent closure of blast furnaces in Florange is confirmed, announce unions

It seems to me that the origin of these great Tyissen Steelworks was installed in Hagondange and Sidelor in Rombas then, Usinor, Arcelor a Gondrange. What has become of Sidelor Rombas, the inventor of sheet piles that can be seen on many docks in the world?
Yet Arcelor-Mittal they invstissent in Quebec iron mines and steel mills Canadians.
It is true that the blast furnace technology will be abandoned to the profit of steel electric furnaces. It is not by chance that they buy steelworks where the electricity is abundant and the nearness of the ports which can accommodate the large mineral ships.
As I said to one of my bosses who was against francization at work in a steel company in Quebec, they could settle elsewhere, If you are installed here in Quebec is to please the small Quebecois but because there are 3 big electric queues that can supply your electric furnaces and you have the river next to where you can pump all the necessary water as well as the iron mine, not very far, with the big boats to haul the ore .. When the mine is exhausted you will go elsewhere, and if you have to let you grow braid and you will speak Chinese ..

Andre

I
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 02/10/12, 18:59

is it useful to continue to make steel in France since we have more ore?

it pierces my ass to hear that on TV ...

primo future iron ore is the recovery: it is foolish to send our scrap in China as it is currently

Deuxio iron ore is not rare ... there were iron ore around my home was the era of small blast furnace has charcoal ... this activity moved there or there was coal and where we also found ... iron ore and iron ore have been forgotten or no coal

there will never be a shortage of iron like oil ... just the part of recycling will become more and more important
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 02/10/12, 19:22

Andre wrote:
It is true that the blast furnace technology will be abandoned to the profit of steel electric furnaces. It is not by chance that they buy steelworks where the electricity is abundant and the nearness of the ports which can acceuillir large mineral ships .......

The electric steelworks merely recast the scrap metal.

To treat the iron ores it is still necessary to blast furnaces operating with coke because coke is essential to reduce the iron ore which is in the oxidized state.

Review the Wilipedai page on the manufacture of iron and steel.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 02/10/12, 19:56

chatelot16 wrote:there will never be a shortage of iron like oil ... just the part of recycling will become more and more important

Do not be so sure : Arrow: : Arrow: https://www.econologie.com/forums/ressources ... t6257.html
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 02/10/12, 21:07

electric ovens make steel by melting scrap of good quality

the poor quality scrap currently is useless: one day we will use it as ore ... it will be another industry ... it does not necessarily happen in the same blast furnace has florange, but we will One day

I even think that one day we'll dig up our dumps to use them like mines

to get back to the nonsense told on television: there is no longer need blast furnace for the decline in steel consumption in France ... and then of course that if we consider as ineluctable the current decadence it is no need to maintain a useless blast furnace

but where do steel come from to make wind turbines? and if we built them in France? and if we built methanizer? and wood gazogene? and machine tools?

we sold the steelworks has mital nothing can be done more, fewer nationalize ... but what good as steel does not sell this horrible indian allowed to do the dirty work to dismiss

the only solution is to revive productive industrial activity and there will be need for steel: the productive recovery is rather that!

it was also said that if mital had not bought arcelor the blast furnace was closed long ago: mital would have had a rather positive role (a check by those who know because I am far from believing everything said)
0 x