Economics is not a science and it is proven!

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
Christophe

Economics is not a science and it is proven!

by Christophe » 22/10/15, 13:09

That's why I never understood the economy: I'm too scientific !! : Cheesy: : Cheesy:

http://www.alterecoplus.fr/en-direct-de ... 02328.html

In the hard sciences, when a researcher finds an original result, one of the ways to ensure the quality of his work is to ask others to reproduce the experience under the same conditions. If they find the same results, it is that the research is serious.

Economists wanted to do the same: when Ben Bernanke, then an academic, was the editor of the American Economic Review, considered the most prestigious in the United States, he introduced the obligation for economists to provide their data and information. their methods. So that others can grasp it and try to reproduce the results. Since then, other journals have imposed the same obligations.

So, two economists, Andrew C. Chang and Phillip Li, tried to reproduce the work of their boyfriends. The result is not pretty, pretty ...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 24/10/15, 12:31

Me too: after a year in college economics, I left, hallucinated by the obsessions of "economists". At 18, we have ideals.

As for the economic laws, bof, bof, bof ....

For example, the rarity of a thing increases the price.

Ah yes ? And why do bosses who do not find staff refuse to offer higher salaries to attract candidates then?
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 24/10/15, 14:56

Since the Human factor plays an important role in a system, in fact, this system can not respond to the principles and precepts of Science; the economy is a significant example.
The Human Factor is inherently unpredictable and changeable because intimately related to the environment, culture, education, level of knowledge, an era, etc.

As such, we often hear certain politicians or economists proposing a solution to a societal or economic problem in their country by justifying the effectiveness of their solution by the following observation: "Let us do as our neighbors of such and such a country have implemented this solution to solve the same problem, and their results are positive ... "

However, the same effects or the same causes, including under the same conditions, do not produce the same consequences in each country.

Even so, even if Science has an objective, reproducible and invariant character, it would be wrong to believe that it is the Truth, or, at least, that this Truth is acquired and definitive.
Science describes a phenomenon at a given moment, more than it explains, and this description may vary and will vary over time.

There are also scientific areas where Science takes some liberties with its own foundations!
For example, in medicine, the Placebo effect, which Science admits, observes and describes, comes up against scientific contradictions: a simple glass of water, without any active principle, given to a patient can heal it ...

Moreover, as part of a protocol of scientific experimentation, science will find that this phenomenon works, but not always, and the most surprising and it can work when the patient is a baby or even an animal!
The same goes for homeopathy, which does not respect the precepts of science, and yet is taught in medicine and practiced by doctors ...

In conclusion, the Economy is like the placebo effect or homeopathy: it's mainly scientific, but not only! : Cheesy:
0 x
Project of the horse-drawn-hybrid - The project econology
"The search for progress does not exclude the love of tradition"
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 24/10/15, 15:00

elephant wrote:For example, the rarity of a thing increases the price.

However, generally "What is rare is expensive, but a cheap horse is rare, therefore a cheap horse is expensive"! ...
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 24/10/15, 16:03

:D
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
Christophe

by Christophe » 24/10/15, 18:14

Greli it was not necessary to bring out this "fable" ... well known to all students of 1st S / L / ES ... etc etc ...

Because elephant had given a much more concrete and realistic example in his 1er message ...

Proof that teachers teach only a very distant version of ... reality ...

And that's a shame!!!
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 24/10/15, 20:23

Grelinette wrote:
elephant wrote:For example, the rarity of a thing increases the price.

However, generally "What is rare is expensive, but a cheap horse is rare, therefore a cheap horse is expensive"! ...

that's a sophisticated technique.
0 x
ARMAND
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by ARMAND » 24/10/15, 20:32

Yeah, I also went to economics for four years; when I stocked up, later, supply and demand, "a strong demand and the title goes up" ... lol ... I had to lose money to realize that real life is 'don't learn at university)) ... Well, since then I have corrected things
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 24/10/15, 21:52

For our Belgian friends from forum:

Has the economy freed itself from the laws of nature?
symposium on the question of economics and physics held by Patrick Dupriez, François Roddier, Philippe Bihouix, Philippe Lamberts

Wednesday 14 October 2015 19: 30. Free entry
La Tricoterie, rue Theodore Verhaegen 158, 1060 St-Gilles

A technical conference will be organized from14h30

http://www.etopia.be/spip.php?article2965
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Grelinette
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Grelinette » 24/10/15, 23:50

Christophe wrote:Greli it was not necessary to bring out this "fable" ... well known to all students of 1st S / L / ES ... etc etc ...

I allow myself a little last: "An economist is someone who will know how to explain tomorrow why what he planned yesterday did not happen today".

This is still a well-known joke, but objectively the economy is a very dubious discipline because since the time that economists study, analyze, explain and predict ... we should not experience economic crises anymore!

Moreover, in economics there are so many ideological currents that oppose, contradict or simply ignore each other that ultimately we can define the economy as "a discipline that consists of explaining and predicting, from random and incomplete parameters, logical, inexplicable and unpredictable things with the help of a rigorously precise pifometer!"

Come on, 2 little jokes to finish:
A group of economists are walking in the mountains. The one who reads the map stops and shows a mountain two hundred meters away, says to the others: "Do you see this mountain? Well, according to the assumptions of the map, we are at the top ...

Economics is the only discipline where two people can share the same Nobel Prize by telling completely different things.

(Source, this site: http://econoclaste.org.free.fr/econoclaste/, site on the economy with a lot of humor and which explains, among other things, the oppositions of the great economic theories, as well as the aberrations that some renowned economists could say. The jokes are there).

sen-no-sen wrote:Has the economy freed itself from the laws of nature? symposium on the question of economics and physics ...

I like the idea of ​​bringing the economy and physics together because I often say that the economy is like plumbing: everything is based on common sense and the balance of flows!
When you look at a flow distribution system that has a small pipe on one side and a pipe-line on the other, depending on which tap you open, either it will drip or be very strong. And if you open the 2 taps at the same time, on one side it will still flow very hard, and on the other it will suck.

Morality, if you're thirsty, you have to be on the side of the right cock. In economics, it's the same!
0 x