The impostors of the economy

Current Economy and Sustainable Development-compatible? GDP growth (at all costs), economic development, inflation ... How concillier the current economy with the environment and sustainable development.
Christophe

The impostors of the economy

by Christophe » 16/10/14, 18:40

In line with this book: https://www.econologie.com/forums/les-10-plu ... t3091.html

The economic imposters | March 26, 2012 | By Laurent Mauduit

On the eve of the debate that Mediapart is organizing, Thursday, March 29 at the National Theater of Chaillot on the theme "Economists above all suspicion? »In the presence of many economists or researchers, I would like to bring here, in advance, a first stone to this exchange. And to this end, I would like to explain the reasons that led me to conduct a long survey of French economists, recorded in a book, entitled Les imposteurs de l'énergie (Editions Gawsewitch) to be published this same Thursday.

What I am going to write here does not commit the speakers who will speak at the Théâtre de Chaillot. As this is a free debate, each day will give its view - which may be contrary to mine or qualify it - on the threats hanging over the world of economists and their independence; on the honesty of the economic debate and on its pluralism; or on the threats hanging over the teaching of economics in both secondary and university. But for this confrontation to be as fruitful as possible, it is undoubtedly not useless for me to explain myself in advance about the reasons which led me to carry out this investigation. And on the democratic issues that, in my opinion, cover this debate.

If I thought it useful to carry out this work, it is for a first reason: in recent months, I have been struck to note that in many countries, starting with the United States, the most publicized economists have sometimes criticized. But not in France, or almost not. And this difference in treatment, I wanted to try to unravel the mystery.

In fact, no real debate or real controversy in France. Despite the violence of the crisis, despite the procession of social suffering it has generated, some of the most publicized economists, those who run microphones and television sets, have just been mocked, step by step, for their lack of discernment or clairvoyance. In magazines, we have therefore seen the blooper of the crisis bloom here and there. We know the heroes, since almost all known economists have been pinned down. From bank economist Natixis Patrick Artus ("The crisis is over") to economist from Ecole normale supérieure Daniel Cohen ("The good news is that it won't last any longer"), passing by the intermediary of Parisian capitalism Alain Minc (the crisis is "grotesquely psychological") or the economist Anton Brender ("The old banking panics have disappeared thanks to the deposit insurance system put in place for allow them to be avoided ”). But these nonsense uttered by the most famous French economists have condemned them to media abstinence, even a short one: since the crisis began, it is therefore always the same experts, even those who have been most seriously mistaken, that the '' we hear perpetually on all radio waves and in all television programs.

In the United States, the case took a different turn. As here, economists have been criticized for being wrong - but in truth who is not wrong? But above all, a much more serious debate has been launched: some of the best known economists have been blamed for their connivance with the world of finance which has dragged the entire planet into turmoil. Economists have been singled out for writing phony reports in favor of financial deregulation and for hoarding heaps of gold in return. Or for having, under the cover of an academic speech, exonerated the American bankers and insurers from all responsibility, while these same bankers and insurers had co-opted them into their boards of directors.

In short, many economists have rightly been blamed for their lack of independence, their conflicts of interest if not even their corruption.

(...)

http://blogs.mediapart.fr/blog/laurent- ... l-economie
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 16/10/14, 23:47

how can we trust economists?

it is only madmen and economists who believe that growth can continue always ... serious ...

in any science we study and build, if it works it's good if it doesn't work failure is visible

economists don't build anything, they make theories but let the politicians do it and when it doesn't work they don't take care of it ... completely irresponsible
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 17/10/14, 15:13

Certainly, there is an enormous bias on the part of economists, but beyond this simple observation, even more serious is the inconsistency of the "science" of economics.
The doctors of Molière hiding their ignorance behind Latin, economists successfully use mathematical language.
The different economic pseudo "laws" are unprovable and valid only in a given interval; their authors are themselves aware of this, since they take care to add a ritual formula which clears them in advance: "all other things being equal".
These formal exercises generally provide their authors with an excellent standard of living which is not unrelated to their close connivance with the different powers.

A critical work on the subject, by the Australian economist Steve Keen stated, "The economic sham"has just seen its French translation available in October.
Accessible to all those who are curious enough about these subjects (no math!) To absorb more than 500 pages ...
0 x
"Please don't believe what I'm telling you."
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 17/10/14, 19:48

there is another problem in economics it is the secret or the difficulty to have the real data

in any other science there is only what allows everyone to repeat the experience which is considered valid ... the one who invents a theory and keeps a secret part of it and considered a charlatan

in economics you cannot have an experience with a company if you are not rich enough to have one ... and you cannot even do computing or computer simulation because there are a multitude of given confidential

for economics to become a real science, business and administration accounting should be entirely public

why does he have so much secret? because there is too much cheating ... between auytre for fiscal reason, too much tax to make sink those who do not cheat, therefore since it is essential to cheat, it is essential to keep everything secret

so too much tax kills the tax but kills even worse! kills information on the economy, therefore kills knowledge sharing ... kills the possibility of progress!
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 17/10/14, 20:33

He is normal, Chatelot that you focus on the micro economy: this is the one we all face directly, but the main economic theories are centered on the macro economy which, although dependent on the first, offers radically different behavior.
0 x
manitou22
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by manitou22 » 18/10/14, 23:24

you don't have to be an economist to know that housing is going to break your nose when a couple of smicards can no longer afford decent housing with thirty years of credit, including housing and family allowances : Evil:
A+
0 x
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 19/10/14, 13:30

Yes, Manitou22, a little logic is enough, this is undoubtedly the reason for their absence in the speech of the majority of economists who are there to screen reality and paid accordingly.
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 19/10/14, 20:18

Ahmed wrote:Certainly, there is an enormous bias on the part of economists, but beyond this simple observation, even more serious is the inconsistency of the "science" of economics.

You do well to write "economics" with quotes, because if economics were really a science, the system could not continue to exist.
The sciences are based on the study of reality, apart from what characterizes a contrario the current economy it is precisely the negation of this realism!
It would be fairer to classify the current economic system in the category of religions, cults and other beliefs ...

Besides, you only have to listen to the prelates of this system (economist, politicians) to understand that their reverentials are idealistic.
Recently President Hollande spoke, I quote from "hope in the return of growth "!
Growth being considered as a redemptive entity, a kind of economic parousia!
It is clear that in an anthropotechnical era God has been replaced by the economy and that growth is his messiah ... we are swimming in full irrationalism!

Given the effectiveness of the technique in transforming matter, society has created one of the most dangerous models that is: a materialist rationalism from technologism in the service of an "exponnentialist" idealism ... historically this type of configuration has led to totalitarianism (Nazism, communism), we take the path every day.
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
Ahmed
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Ahmed » 19/10/14, 20:38

Your analysis is quite simply, in its conciseness ...
Marx spoke of "fetish" to designate value and of "subject-automaton" to characterize the economic agent ...
These are terms that the "left" did not see fit to remember ...

Note: you have committed a revealing slip! You wrote reverential instead of repository!
... to understand that their reverential is idealistic.

HS: François Roddier hasn't blogged since August, would he be sick?
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 20/10/14, 14:52

Ahmed wrote:
Note: you have committed a revealing slip! You wrote reverential instead of repository!
... to understand that their reverential is idealistic.

Ah yes!
: Lol:

HS: François Roddier hasn't contributed to his blog since August, would he be suffering?

I don't really know, it is true that he is no longer very young!
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.