Energy

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
jean_db
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by jean_db » 09/09/05, 14:51

Energy is what keeps my mill running

Reaches of Pilat

By watering peach trees we have peaches, and when we have peaches, we have energy.

That's energy, well a bit ...
0 x
Bibiphoque
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bibiphoque » 09/09/05, 15:02

plasmanu wrote:Hello
PS: just 2 silly questions.
 Is the electric arc possible in a vacuum ????
 What does the energy of the vacuum mean ????

Hi, Plasmanu,
Your PS was a bit empty (LOL)

Is it possible to have an electric arc in a vacuum?
Good question, is it a theoretical absolute vacuum, or something that can be done (a very deep vacuum, but not completely empty)?
If this is the second case, I don't think so, because if there are a few gas molecules left, they will ionize and give a plasma (re-LOL), but you already know that.

As for "the energy of the vacuum", it would be at the level of the quantum vacuum, but I do not know any more with rigor.
@+
0 x
This is not because we always said that it is impossible that we should not try :)
yahi
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by yahi » 09/09/05, 16:37

I believe that a cathode ray tube is under vacuum!
it can answer your question 1 !!
for the other question, you have to ask Tesla!
;-)

yahi
0 x
When will we have the right to stop using oil?
Free object!
plasmanu
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by plasmanu » 12/09/05, 06:48

Hello

in fact it is the definition of the void that is problematic.
If the vacuum is not empty (trace of tiny wavelengths, super molecular rarefaction ...) there is a problem.

It's a pity that the hunter left the forum, I would have liked to have his expert opinion on the planck wall and string theory;)

@+
manu
0 x
"Not to see Evil, not to hear Evil, not to speak Evil" 3 little monkeys Mizaru
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/09/05, 09:02

plasmanu wrote:It's a pity that the hunter left the forum, I would have liked to have his expert opinion on the planck wall and string theory;)

Well sorry but I hesitated for a long time before "banishing" him but he had crossed the line ... I also sent him an email to ask him to come back if he calmed down ... Obviously I never had Answer !
0 x
jelupan
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by jelupan » 12/09/05, 10:32

Hello,
interesting all that. Could we imagine that a black hole, from which nothing ever emerges (?), Is in fact a passage to another dimension?. Where another universe would recreate! Or, that this matter and these accumulated radiations would be stored in an intermediary place between 2 dimensions pending the moment when, their density or volume reaching a critical paroxysm, they would fall into the other dimension in a new big-bang?
Considering the colossal number of black holes known or not in our universe, that would suppose an equally large number of dimensions nested in each other, which is difficult to imagine !.
But it is already difficult to imagine that all the matter and the radiation captured by a black hole are condensed in such a small volume.
If the distances between the atomic particles are reduced by compression, is there not a point where they merge ?. Can we imagine at what stage this action will trigger a reaction? Can this be measured in terms of time, volume, T °?
A black hole in the center of a galaxy will eventually, through its growing attraction, swallow up the whole of this galaxy. And after? Will its attractiveness be sufficient to act on distant clusters and swallow them in turn?
In this case, we can think that the whole universe, as we see it, will be absorbed by this hole after having seen its expansion slowed down then stopped then in regression! : Blink:
Quite disturbing on our scale, finally we have time !! :D
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/09/05, 10:46

I am far from being grounded in astrophysics but here is what I know:

Could we imagine that a black hole, from which nothing ever emerges (?), Is in fact a passage to another dimension?.  

According to some astrophysicists, black holes are associated with "white fountains" which are the "exits" from black holes. If we have now been able to observe black holes, I do not know if we have observed white fountains. This duality would also be a key to time travel and perhaps that of possible journeys in the almost infinite distances (on our scale) of the universe.

Considering the colossal number of black holes known or not in our universe, that would suppose an equally large number of dimensions nested inside each other, which is difficult to imagine!

Yes I think it was string theory that put this into equation. Obviously it's purely theoretical .... the human brain (mine at least) has trouble reasoning in more than 4 dimensions ...

If the distances between the atomic particles are reduced by compression, is there not a point where they merge ?. Can we imagine at what stage this action will trigger a reaction? Can this be measured in terms of time, volume, T °?

Well this is controlled by thermonuclear fusion ... but it is not with pressure that we manage to merge but not particle bombardment

A black hole in the center of a galaxy will eventually, through its growing attraction, swallow up the whole of this galaxy.

Nobody knows but apparently it is true that the center of the galaxies would be composed of a black hole (hence their shape)

Quite disturbing on our scale, finally we have time !!

I always thought that the reasoning capacities of the human brain were limited by ... infinity (of time and the universe): rolleyes:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/09/05, 10:59

For those more interested in the subject of black holes: http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trou_noir
0 x
jean_db
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by jean_db » 12/09/05, 15:02

The beyond and the black holes lack realism ...
While the water here grows the mushrooms, which, along with the eggs of the chicken that made the egg that made the chicken that made the egg, are very good in omelets ...
Reaches of Pilat
0 x
gegyx
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by gegyx » 13/09/05, 00:29

econology wrote:I am far from being grounded in astrophysics but here is what I know:
Could we imagine that a black hole, from which nothing ever emerges (?), Is in fact a passage to another dimension?.

According to some astrophysicists, black holes are associated with "white fountains" which are the "exits" from black holes. If we have now been able to observe black holes, I do not know if we have observed white fountains. This duality would also be a key to time travel and perhaps that of possible journeys in the almost infinite distances (on our scale) of the universe.

I seem to read knowledge from the studies of JP Petit, himself inspired by the Ummites messages?
I do not criticize, I fully believe in this theory. But in messages read previously, it seemed to me that you rejected all allusions, relating to ET or to the propulsion of flying saucers in the forum…: Rolleyes:
0 x
Wish =>
Able to speak normally
without being constantly attacked by some people, who respect nothing, and this impunity.