Pipeline explosion in Ghislenghien, the trial starts

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Christophe

Pipeline explosion in Ghislenghien, the trial starts

by Christophe » 29/09/08, 08:46

Ghislenghien: who will be sent to correctional?
MISCELLANEOUS FACTS Mon 29 Sep

It is this Monday from 10:00 am that begins the first of the 23 hearings scheduled by the council chamber of Tournai. It must rule on the rules of procedure for the investigation into the Ghislenghien disaster, which claimed the lives of 24 people. Twenty-two people, natural or legal, are accused and the council chamber has scheduled hearings until December 10. There should be a crowd this morning: a thousand people are expected, so the audience will take place at Tournai Expo. The case, which is being handled behind closed doors, is indeed eagerly awaited by public opinion. The aim is to refer the persons responsible for the gas explosion which occurred on July 30, 2004 in the Ghislenghien zoning to the correctional system. The 22 accused are distributed as follows: 8 legal persons among which the companies Fluxys, Electrabel and Diamand Board, and 14 natural persons. Important security measures will be taken to guarantee the camera, said the prosecutor of the king of Tournai, Marie-Claude Maertens, on Monday.

What will we know in December or January

The council chamber will be chaired by Eric Chevalier. The public prosecutor will be represented by the first deputy of the procurator of the king of Tournai Jean-Bernard Cambier and the substitute substitute Frédéric Bariseau. In order to speed up the procedure, the latter was assigned for a year to study the Ghislenghien case. The order (for dismissal or dismissal) should be pronounced at the end of December or in January 2009. In principle, the council chamber will first hear the report of the investigating judge Gérard Bresoux, before the requisitions from the public prosecutor and pleadings of the civil parties and the defenses.

(...)

On 30 July 2004, the accidental explosion of a high-pressure gas pipeline caused the death of 24 people and injured 132 others in the industrial area of ​​Ghislenghien.

Source: http://www.rtlinfo.be/news/article/1752 ... tionnelle+

1) Classification in MISCELLANEOUS FACTS when it is a national disaster? : Shock:

2) I heard yesterday on TV that the pipe had been "pierced" more than a month BEFORE the explosion and it was the pressure variations that caused it to fart... : Shock:

3) Does the gas man therefore not know how to detect a leak in his pipes? In these conditions, for me it is the ONLY and only responsible !! So are we going to get lice from the worker who hit the pipe with his Bull?

Frankly I don't understand ...

4) A video of a victim: http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=gDrpUZ9_kmk and one of the flames http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2o06d ... islenghien

5) When you are told that gas and oil kill more than nuclear, it may not be for nothing. Fortunately, Jonule spurted forum... I would have taken it up in the face and I would have been called a fascist for daring to say this ...
0 x