The fuel oil exceeds one euro per liter

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

The fuel oil exceeds one euro per liter

by martien007 » 26/05/08, 16:43

AFP the 26 / 05 / 2008 16h15

New fuel price record in France, fuel exceeds Euro 1

The prices of all fuels in France have reached new records last week, for the seventh consecutive week, the fuel crossing the threshold of 1 euro per liter, according to figures from the French Union of Petroleum Industry (Ufip) published Monday.

The average price of the liter of diesel fuel, the most consumed fuel in France and angered by fishermen, reached last week 1,4380 euro against 1,4105 euro the previous week.

That of the liter of super unleaded 95 has crossed the threshold of 1,45 euro to 1,4659 euro, against 1,4454 euro a week earlier.

As for the price of fuel oil, it has crossed the symbolic threshold of 1 euro, 1,0041 euro against 0,9627 before.

Ufip prices are weekly averages, but they can vary from day to day or from one gas station to another and are therefore much higher. On the other hand, fuels are often sold at cost price in hypermarkets, as a product of appeal.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/05/08, 19:33

Well it's okay for you (all those who heat oil in the summer even for your ECS) ... we can not say that you had not warned.

Personally this info does not interest me and I would say even more I do not care anymore because I use more fuel oil for almost a year ... sorry but I will start to become selfish because when I see the reaction of some of you on these forums there is something to wreck (on what we have left of humanity) ...

Had to think about it before ... but it's not too late to act ... so fire your brand new oil boilers (still have to find a buyer ...).

So who wants solar wood?
0 x
renaud67
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by renaud67 » 26/05/08, 19:39

Hello,
I am also interested by far in the price of domestic fuel, hence my question is there are articles on the site about the sudden change of heating system: maybe everyone is not can not afford to spend like that from a boiler oil to something else ...
0 x
The absurdities of yesterday are the truths of today and tomorrow banalities.
(Alessandro Marandotti)
Christophe

by Christophe » 26/05/08, 19:42

There are hundreds of pages of tips on changing heating modes on these forums and on the site: https://www.econologie.com/forums/search.php

I was mainly targeting idiots (there are no other words) who have recently installed a fuel oil boiler or built a house by choosing heating oil ... Bah they will leave less far on vacation ...: Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:
0 x
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by martien007 » 27/05/08, 00:38

renaud67 wrote:Hello,
I am also interested by far in the price of domestic fuel, hence my question is there are articles on the site about the sudden change of heating system: maybe everyone is not can not afford to spend like that from a boiler oil to something else ...

Exactly, the problem for those who have a boiler oil a little old is to have the financial means to change and especially to isolate first!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/05/08, 08:37

The insulation of a house put by oneself is a budget of how much? 1000 to 2000 €? (I speak for the attic / floor only ... In short less than a holiday budget ...

The fuel 1 € is good (sorry for those who think only their mouth) but I hope that the other energies (non-fossil) will not fly so far (see woodcutters who take themselves for emirs) ...
: Evil:
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 27/05/08, 09:24

Hi Christophe, hello everyone,

It is clear that the insulation of a home is depreciable faster and faster (up to 5 years) with soaring oil, especially since it may give the right to some tax cuts.

However, the haemorrhaging of oil prices, and concerning heating, will mechanically contaminate other sectors (particularly wood) since people will turn away from hydrocarbon to go to the log, or "worse", the pellets, which are very underdeveloped sectors with regard to potential demand.

In general, such a rise in oil is pulling ALL sectors up, from yoghurt pot to a haystack to meat, not to mention manufacturing products. :|
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/05/08, 09:31

The problem with wood is that it's not a law of supply and demand (in one year, the wood installations have not increased tenfold, it seems to me ... the price of the wood is already gone) but a clear and net economic coupling on the oil price, I would say even more flagrantly than electricity or gas !! ...

So the stere to more than 60 € is theft pure and simple ... In addition how much are sold to black ??

The only tolerable alignment would be a correction on the price of gasoline chainsaw and chain grease and oil of the tractor for skidding ... the rest is speculation ... :?

With this price of fuel oil (chances are that in winter 2008 the kWh oil is more expensive than electric heating), another dramatic consequence will happen: the multiplication of 100% electric heaters of all kinds ...

If it will be less bad for the wallet, we know all the harm that electric heating does ... overall speaking.
0 x
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 27/05/08, 10:22

Yes mias normally with prices like that.

It should encourage the pellet industry to develop their installation, because they earn a good living and they have the money to realize it.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/05/08, 10:28

The price of pellets is reasonable I find contrary to what I feared ...

https://www.econologie.com/chauffage-cen ... -3624.html
https://www.econologie.com/forums/pellets-et ... t4682.html

http://www.carmen-ev.de/dt/energie/pell ... reise.html

It's the price of the logs that worries me more ...
0 x