File Run the Clean Engine / New Factory

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

File Run the Clean Engine / New Factory

by freddau » 06/03/08, 09:18

I'll put the graphics later

But here is an interview with Michel Forissier / Director "propulsion efficiency" of Valeo.

Usine Nouvelle: the thermal engine still has a bright future ahead of it, why ??
For the next twenty years, the propulsion will still depend on petroleum.
We can still optimize the internal combustion engines. At Valeo, we can save up to 40%.

Where are the productivity gains?
Such a ratio can be achieved by implementing a technology panel. Depending on the country, the regulations and the manufacturer's culture, each manufacturer will opt for downsizing, for hybridization or for an energy management solution.

What is the additional cost of green technologies?
At Valeo, we are proposing to reduce the CO40 emissions of an engine by 2% for an average basket estimated at € 1500 for gasoline. The Stop & Start system provides 80% of the benefits of hybrids for only 20% of the cost.
0 x
freddau
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by freddau » 06/03/08, 09:25

Here are the different improvements listed by the magazine:

Species:
injection per milliliter: gains 5-7%
Optimized electricity: 4-5%
Electronic valves: 15-20% maturity: 2011
Small turbocharged displacement: 5-7%
Double embryo and extended intercourse: 4-6%
Hybrid on all floors: 6-15%
Instant ignition: 15-20% 2015

Diesel:
Differentiated injection: 15%, NOx eradiction
Trap Nox: 94% less Nox, very expensive
Recycled exhaust gas: limit Nox gains 5-7%
Nox urea: 90% less Nox
Particle filters: 99% of fine particles.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/03/08, 09:26

+1 for downsizing but we are still waiting for REAL downsizing (downsizing with 200 hp engines ... how to say ... : roll: )
on the other hand the rest is a bit anything. I hope the rest of the interview is more serious ...

The Stop & Start system provides 80% of the benefits of hybrids for only 20% of the cost.

: Shock: : Shock:

Who is this clown? One of the main assets of the hybrid is the recovery of braking energy ... to my knowledge the start & stop does not allow it ... Another director who does not care about journalists / consumers and Who believes that 100% of French people are Parisians and travel 10 km a day in traffic jams?

Such remarks are deceitful and shameful on the part of a "director" ...

Then it's not 20 years but at least 50 years ... and he knows it very well ...

ps: for the 40% zon provided a pantone?
: Mrgreen:
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 06/03/08, 09:28

freddau wrote:Here are the different improvements listed by the magazine

Ah I can't wait to see the scan :) :)
0 x
Chatham
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Chatham » 06/03/08, 15:53

Christophe wrote:+1 for downsizing but we are still waiting for REAL downsizing (downsizing with 200 hp engines ... how to say ... : roll: )
One of the main assets of the hybrid is the recovery of braking energy ... to my knowledge the start & stop does not allow it ...

The 200hp Mahs downsized three-cylinder engine is only a technological demonstrator and will never be produced in series ... For a small economical car, the downsized engine of ~ 75hp would be ~ the size of Lombardini cart engines (those with license , motor up to 25hp) ...

The S&S Valeo mounted on the C2 and C3 does not recover the braking energy, but the system designed by BMW does (it is not an alternator-starter), but inefficient and ultimately of little use, the battery not being used for propulsion ... the ideal would have been the Dynalto system imagined by Citroën in 1988, but ultimately discarded because too expensive ... curiously, the system used on Honda hybrids looks like a brother ...
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 06/03/08, 16:35

Too bad the framing is bad: part of the pages are missing on the left.

Freddau : could you put this page with a good framing on the left STP?

In the paragraph (bottom left) "Exhausts don't just release CO2", it must be written"The France remains the bad student ....... in matters of pollutuion ..... "but the interesting piece is missing .... I would like to read what I imagined to be sure that we once met more distinguished !!

On this page, I read despite everything that the standards only take into account CO2 emissions and not Nox, particles ... emitted mainly by diesel vehicles. There really must be decision-makers (those who decide on pollution standards) who do not want to SEE these types of pollution (pressure from lobbies like PSA for example ...).

It is also written 'lower right): "the ideal would be to mix the sobriety of diesel with the cleanliness of petrol".... and here is an admission that diesel is" dirty "(especially dangerous for the health of those who breathe its exhausts). It is written in full in the pages of the Usine Nouvelle ... what an admission ! but what does Boorlo do?
https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... ZQuUs9.pdf

Do we really have effective solutions to combat this diesel pollution? this is what we think we read HERE:

https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... XcPVoA.pdf

.. provided that the manufacturing and maintenance costs are increased .. (to remove the NOx, they recommend a platinum cata pot to be regenerated every 5 km !!! have I read this correctly?)

1 - HCCI diesel engines: + 300 to 1000 euros.

2 - NOx suppression: significant additional cost per platinum pot catcher.

3 - Recycling of exhaust gases in the injected air: additional cost 200 to 300 euros. Doesn't this look a bit like an EGR valve?

4 - NOx suppression: urea SCR system with Adblue adjuvant already used on heavy goods vehicles.
additional cost: 400 to 600 euros.

... and particles; would the FAP be effective?
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
Rulian
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Rulian » 07/06/08, 01:37

The depollution of Nox by urea (yes yes, pee), it seems to be a real issue. I have a friend working on it with an auto subcontractor.

By cons no idea of ​​the principle.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/06/08, 10:33

Rulian wrote:By cons no idea of ​​the principle.

https://www.econologie.com/adblue-antino ... -2807.html
0 x
geotrouvetout
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by geotrouvetout » 07/06/08, 15:10

it is in line with the policy of our dear decision makers why keep it simple when you can make it complicated : Evil: : Mrgreen: and all this will not be accessible to the average consumer and without counting the pollution upstream of this "new technology"

Geo;).
0 x