How do we extract hydrocarbons

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
catouni
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

How do we extract hydrocarbons

by catouni » 18/06/07, 18:17

Hello, I have to explain to children how to extract hydrocarbons after drilling. Then I say: "Once the production wells have been drilled, the hydrocarbons often spurt to the surface. A system of valves called a" Christmas tree "makes it possible to regulate their flow. The hydrocarbons are conveyed by underground or aerial pipes to a separation station. There we separate the oil and gas and then each is sent to its destination "(I also plan to talk about the pendulum pumps).
I admit that I myself have great difficulty in understanding the subject which is complex. If anyone could help me.
Thank you
Catouni : Lol:
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 20/06/07, 11:15

0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
catouni
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by catouni » 21/06/07, 13:05

Hello Capt Maloche, the site to which you send me speaks of refining but not of hydrocarbon extraction, too bad. If you know someone who can tell me if the little text I wrote is right, it would be nice, if not, thank you anyway for answering me.
A+
Catouni : Lol:
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 21/06/07, 13:21

: Shock: It's a pretty huge subject.

If you want to talk about extraction, you may also approach prospecting ...

And then there are several extraction techniques whether on land or at sea (off shore) depending on whether the water table is under pressure and according to the quality of the hydrocarbon.

The deposits can contain gas, light, heavy hydrocarbons, bitumens ... and even tar sands.

Finally, many deposits reach exhaustion and the extraction methods are adapted to extract the heavy hydrocarbons which still remain.
The extraction methods vary according to the depth and nature of the soil ...
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 21/06/07, 23:46

Yep, our friend Wiki already says a lot, especially a history

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/P%C3%A9trole
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
robbery
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by robbery » 22/06/07, 03:52

In general, at the start of extraction, oil spurts out under pressure.
When we reach the end of the life of the oil well: to extract everything that can be extracted, we inject water into the oil pocket. This, because it is heavier than the crude is deposited at the bottom.

If the injected water is under pressure, the oil output flow remains constant.
0 x
Bagnoles burn in the suburbs, it is after all only of self-destruction: