Energy: Brussels extols the advantages of nuclear power

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Christophe

Energy: Brussels extols the advantages of nuclear power

by Christophe » 02/01/07, 17:12

In the name of security of supply and with a view to meeting the Kyoto objectives, the European Commission is breaking the taboo on nuclear power by presenting in a document, released on January 10, the advantages of this energy source.

While the share of nuclear power in world energy production should drop, if nothing changes, from 6% to less than 5% in 2030, the European Commission is cautiously going out of its reserve to advocate for nuclear power.

In a report presenting a "package" of measures in favor of a common energy policy, which will be presented on January 10, Brussels will underline the advantages of the nuclear industry with a view to securing our energy supplies and respecting the objectives of the Kyoto Protocol.

In a preparatory document, cited on December 26 by the daily Les Echos, Commissioner Andris Piebalgs takes up part of the memorandum on energy policy presented by France at the beginning of 2006. Thus the text underlines that nuclear "is one of all the energies that reject low carbon, the most developed in the EU. It is less vulnerable to price fluctuations than coal or gas, because uranium represents only a limited share of the cost of producing nuclear electricity. furthermore available in sufficient quantities for several decades and distributed in several regions of the world. " Brussels does not directly invite the Member States to launch or relaunch this sector, but it also warns that "in the event that the level of nuclear production drops in Europe, it would be essential to compensate by introducing other sources that emit little gas without which the objective of reducing CO2 emissions by 35% by 2030 would be very difficult to achieve. "

The European Commission, which does not want to offend the Member States which have programmed for the last decade the closure of their atomic power plants, such as Italy, Sweden, the Netherlands or more recently Germany and Belgium, is considering the creation a high-level group to improve the current safety rules for nuclear installations. Currently only France and Finland have remained in favor of nuclear power while the United Kingdom is wondering about a possible recovery.

http://www.fenetreeurope.com/php/page.p ... tu&id=7144
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 03/01/07, 01:16

Nuclear is good when it is based on quasi-a-neutron hydrogen-boron fusion in a z-pinch system.
(yeah, it's me and my big hooves again, and it's not the last time :D )
0 x
dreamer
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by dreamer » 07/01/07, 12:13

Bah thin ... cheap energy .... this is not what emerges from other opinions which say that if we count the subsidies, the blows of recycling, extraction, maintenance and rehabilitation after ....

Do you also have a document or table on this subject that would give the real price of nuclear compared to the real price (ie including everything from start to destruction) of all energies? It could be useful ca: p

Otherwise can you develop Cuicui?

Dreamer
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

nuclear

by jean63 » 07/01/07, 12:39

Yes, to supply our energy-intensive societies with electricity, there is only nuclear power; just read the book by JM Jancovici: "Le plein SVP" to understand that it is impossible otherwise for the moment and for a few decades if you do not want to be in the dark at the 1st peak of consumption. They are also still building new "clean" coal power stations (I don't know what they mean by that - CO2 sequestration where? -) and also natural gas (made by Poutine), especially near Le Havre (POWEO / Private company!!).

We could fill it with pages on the subject; what is very funny is: how are the Germans going to disengage from nuclear power without coming to buy our nuclear electricity because the production of wind turbines is minimal compared to current needs?

It's like waste: it is always very good elsewhere than at home, unfortunately radioactive pollution knows no borders like other heavy metal filth found in seals eaten by the Inuit of the Far North.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
henryII
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by henryII » 07/01/07, 15:06

No wonder that Europe is braking with both feet to prevent Member States from disengaging from nuclear power!
Indeed, this requires significant NATIONAL investments when Europe needs to SUCK the cash of the States to finance its international policy through which it has found a way to slam our money beyond its borders to establish its authority.
And then, it would bother them a lot that instead of investing massively in Eastern Europe to develop the large free market, we are investing in our own borders by creating jobs for our workers.
Europe is a plague!
0 x
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 07/01/07, 20:38

dreamer wrote:Otherwise can you develop Cuicui? Dreamer

Hello Dreamer
I don't want to clutter this forum of a known subject which we have already discussed elsewhere
https://www.econologie.com/forums/z-machine- ... t1967.html
You will find all the explanations there:
http://www.jp-petit.com/nouv_f/nouveau.htm
(see the articles about z-machine) and on the z-machine website (see at the bottom of my post)
I will still try to summarize.
Current nuclear power plants produce electricity from the energy released by the FISSION (breakage) of uranium atoms, as in the atomic bomb. Advantages: it works and it produces a lot of electricity. Disadvantages: it can be dangerous, it produces a lot of radioactive waste, it's big, it's complicated and it's expensive.
The dream would be to produce energy by FUSION (as in the H-bomb) of light atoms derived from hydrogen. Advantages: less radioactivity, cheaper and almost unlimited fuel. Cons: To start the reaction, it takes several million degrees. The H bomb is started by an A bomb, but it is impossible to do the same in a power plant without volatilizing it. So, we try, as with ITER, to confine plasma in the hope of making it reach the desired high temperature.
However, in 2005, completely unexpectedly, an experimental setup, the z-machine, repeatedly obtained the unimaginable temperature of 3,7 billion degrees, in theory largely sufficient to obtain the fusion of very cheap products like boron-hydrogen, almost without radioactivity.
We can now, with current technology, consider the construction of small z-pinch power plants (much cheaper than Iter) operating through small nuclear explosions whose energy is directly captured by a coil, without going through the steam-turbines-alternator cycle.
Obviously, those who profit from oil, uranium power stations and the Iter project are not happy. Everything is done to stifle the news. The only solution: disseminate the information as much as possible and alert our candidates to the elections so that they are informed and decide on the subject.
0 x
dreamer
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by dreamer » 07/01/07, 23:41

Hey
Thank you for this explanation, even if I already knew the fusion / fission / iter part.

I'm going to go and read some information on this "z-machine", and I think I heard about it in a report or a doc that I have here I will check that.

Dreamer
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

??

by jean63 » 07/01/07, 23:47

kitchen,

How did you find this info on this z-machine and what tells you that it is not a hoax (origin agoravox: I remember at the beginning of 2006 to have read info there which found to be inaccurate).

No one on this forum Do you doubt this info when you doubt the improvement of the performance of the candles by small well placed holes?

To the fact that think Christophe and Bucheron (among others) who have a fairly critical mind on this kind of announcement? .......said nothing, I missed the episode of the debate on the subject in June-July-August.
Last edited by jean63 the 08 / 01 / 07, 00: 14, 1 edited once.
0 x
Only when he has brought down the last tree, the last river contaminated, the last fish caught that man will realize that money is not edible (Indian MOHAWK).
dreamer
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by dreamer » 07/01/07, 23:58

By searching on google I already found quite a link including a futura-sciences, a quotidiendurable.com, wikipedia of course and posts on forums from france2.

I therefore suppose that it should not be so "mysteriexu" that it seems with the first reading of the site devoted to this "thing": p

Intriguing in any case and if proven, sorry: s

Dreamer
0 x
jean63
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jean63 » 08/01/07, 00:04

Intriguing in any case and if proven, sorry: s

Dreamer

.....................we can always dream : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Lol: :?:
0 x