Petition call z-machine

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
mezigue
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Petition call z-machine

by mezigue » 06/07/06, 16:28

Hello,

The z-machine.net site has been offering the signing of a petition for some time. To make the process more credible, his webmaster agrees, among other things, to revise the text.

In this context, a draft new text is here subject to debate, as well as on the zpinch.fr and http://www.agoravox.fr/article.php3?id_article=10680 . I will amend it, taking inspiration from the comments made in September to take into account everyone's summer vacation period.

You will want to focus your interest on the text and not on the relevance of a petition. For any other comments, please contact me directly - mezigue at free.fr

Thank you for your sagacity.

Mezigue
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Project petition

The Z machine at Sandia Laboratories, US Department of Energy, produced more than two billion degrees in an 2005 experiment. This unique equipment in the world, like its staff, is perfectly reliable, being a proven technology and the scientific elite of this field.

This temperature record opens up a previously unthinkable avenue of research: inertial thermonuclear fusion by magnetic necking. This new, extremely promising path is radically different from those followed up to now, and in particular from that adopted by the international consortium ITER, whose experimental reactor project is to be hosted by France for forty years, starting in 2008.

Sea serpent of nuclear research for decades, civil fusion would offer humanity a chance to fight effectively against poverty, global warming and for a better environment.

The preliminary analysis of the Sandia laboratories' discovery makes it possible for the first time to envisage, in the medium or even short term, the industrialization of an inexpensive electricity production process, inexhaustible on a human scale, without radioactivity or toxic waste of any kind. The technologies envisaged relate to the integration of already existing concepts, and the development of ad hoc engineering.

The military applications of Sandia's discovery unfortunately contribute to a relaunch of the nuclear arms race, and it would be unrealistic to hope that civilian research could benefit from military advances in this area, now covered by secrecy.

We, citizens of France and of the Earth, demand from our public authorities that this discovery be taken into account in order to immediately open a new sector of civil research on thermonuclear fusion, endowed with adequate funding, and concurrently with the development of the ITER project, including the site and part of the facilities could be shared. We specifically request the provision to researchers of equipment comparable to the “Z machine”.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 06/07/06, 17:14

The approach seems interesting. Who would this petition be addressed to?
No comments on the text at first.
0 x
mezigue
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by mezigue » 06/07/06, 17:28

Woodcutter wrote:Who would this petition be addressed to?

Suggestions welcome.

To see eventually, depending on the volume. From France to international, via Europe and the Academy of Sciences ...
0 x
pollux
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by pollux » 06/07/06, 19:44

very interesting as a principle the petition!

no suggestion for the moment, except for the "target" of the petition.
a publication in the form of an "open letter to the government and to the candidates for the presidential election" in a large national newspaper would be of the most beautiful effect.
it would be wise to manage for this petition to make a good big mess in the middle of the presidential campaign ... : Mrgreen:
but not just among the greens, of course. it would be necessary that one (or more !!) "big" party take up on its own the idea of ​​launching a French program of z-machine in parallel with ITER, and that that make a big heated debate (the same magnitude as the cpe it could be good!).
it would at least have the merit of disseminating the news en masse and perhaps of advancing the bouzin.

it has to make a lot of noise for the political world to pounce on it. use the system and networks of influence to make it happen in high places and in the right hand. it is only by throwing a concrete block in the pond that you can hope for a political recovery of the subject.

I am signing, and I will circulate the information so that as many people as possible sign this petition.

good luck with this.
0 x
criticism is necessary, but the invention is vital because in any invention there is a criticism of the convention ...
Cuicui
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Cuicui » 09/07/06, 13:29

Jacques Chirac considers the installation of Iter in France a personal success. Among his political opponents, Ségolène Royal, currently head of the polls, would perhaps be happy to have a battle horse (the fusion obtained by z-machine) to oppose the projects of current power. Ultimately, it could offer to use half of the credits for z-machines, the other for Iter and that the best wins!
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/07/06, 15:23

It's all well and good to make a petition to promote the development of centralized energy, but are you sure that this is the right path (assuming that the Z-Machine is not a farce)? Because this development will inevitably come at the expense of other decentralized "renewable" energy and especially energy savings....indeed; pkoi save an "infinite and non-polluting" energy?

So supposing that the Z machine is operational ... isn't it the continuity of consumption "at all costs"?

I also remind you of a fundamental thing: any form of energy sooner or later ends up converting into heat (the "simplest" form of energy) ... such a non-polluting and generalized energy source on a scale planetary would not be the beginning of excesses (or rather the logical continuation ...) ...

So my question: when is a Pantone + HVP petition?

ps: speaking of sarko and royale ... go take a look at http://www.votez2007.com
0 x
Logan
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Logan » 09/07/06, 18:34

Very fair econo

The advent of clean and cheap energy would cause an orgy of consumption and the abandonment of the search for energy-efficient solutions.
Why try to better insulate your house if it costs nothing to heat it.
Same thing for the air conditioning that would generalize excessively in all buildings for a little more comfort.
All the energy-consuming activities that ultimately cause CO2 (tell me if I'm wrong) we would end up with an insurmountable problem on our hands.

Note that techno z-pinch is apparently miniaturizable.
In fact, we could cause micro-reactions of fusion with very little energy, it's all a question of pressure.
So maybe we can abandon the centralized schemes.
But the problem remains, that intentional ill users could make nuclear bombs with such devices, so it may not be desirable.

If I resume,
it's a mess...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/07/06, 18:49

Logan wrote:All the energy-consuming activities that ultimately cause CO2 (tell me if I'm wrong) we would end up with an insurmountable problem on our hands.

Uh well yes you are mistaken because neither ITER nor the Z-truc produce directly CO2 ... on the other hand my remark on the thermal degradation of energy remains very valid ... and it joins yours on armament ( any form of energy from a certain power can be converted into a weapon ...) ...

In short, it's a mess (twice)!
0 x
pluesy
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by pluesy » 09/07/06, 22:03

every day the sun sends us billions of kilowatts that we do not use therefore which heats the planet ...

if we used part of this energy I think we would cool the planet (less sun on the ground and less CO2 emission)

what I wonder is what percentage currently represents human activities in heat supply (nuclear oil ect) compared to what our fetish star brings ...
0 x

"There are only two infinite things, the universe and human stupidity ... but for the world, I have no absolute certainty."
[Albert Einstein]
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/07/06, 23:28

pluesy wrote:every day the sun sends us billions of kilowatts that we do not use therefore which heats the planet ...

The planet receives more precisely every day 40 times the energy necessary for humanity. Corrected with respect to Earth, this value comes back to around 000 times .... It is enormous and yet concentrated energies, oil, gas and coal remain queens ... Pkoi? Because it brings in more money (to those who exploit it) than free exploitation of the sun ...

pluesy wrote:if we used part of this energy I think we would cool the planet (less sun on the ground and less CO2 emission)

Ok for less CO2 but less sun on the ground it will be hard ... On the contrary ... global warming will make "more profitable" the exploitation of solar energies ...

pluesy wrote:what I wonder is what percentage currently represents human activities in heat supply (nuclear oil ect) compared to what our fetish star brings ...

The answer is given above: 1 / 40 on the entire surface of the Earth and 000 / 1 on the emerged surface .... (long live the anticipation :D )
0 x