Total buys Lampiris, Belgian supplier of "green" electricity

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Total buys Lampiris, Belgian supplier of "green" electricity

by moinsdewatt » 14/06/16, 21:38

It concerns 850 000 Belgians:

Total buys Lampiris and goes one step further in green electricity

Ludovic Dupin Factory New the 14 / 06 / 2016

Total seizes the Belgian seller of green electricity Lampiris. An acquisition which is part of the creation of the new "Gas, renewables and electricity" branch, announced last April.

When Total announces a new strategy focused on electricity and renewable energy, it does not do things by halves. The French oil company has formalized, Tuesday 14 June, the acquisition of Lampiris, third supplier of the Belgian residential market of natural gas and green electricity, actor also present in France.

According to the Belgian press, the case would amount to between 150 and 200 million euros. "This acquisition will have no impact on the customers and suppliers of the two companies. Their contracts will remain unchanged. It will not result in any job cuts," Total said in a statement.

A branch dedicated to renewable

This acquisition is part of the creation of the new branch called "Gas, renewables and electricity", announced last April. "The group's vocation is to produce and sell electricity from renewable sources. Because electricity will be the energy of the 21st century and the development of gas and renewables pushes us to comprehensively understand the electricity chain" , assures CEO Patrick Pouyanné. Other acquisitions are to be expected after that of Lampiris since the group aims to be in the next 20 years "in the top 3 of solar energy".

In May, the group already announced the acquisition of the French battery manufacturer Saft for 1 billion euros. "The acquisition of Saft is fully in line with Total's ambition to develop in the fields of renewable energies and electricity", explained the big boss. Since 2011, Total has also owned one of the world leaders in photovoltaic panels, the American Sunpower.

http://www.usinenouvelle.com/article/to ... te.N397142

et
Lampiris, which claims 100% "green" electricity and also offers energy services (insulation, maintenance of boilers, etc.), counted 2016 start a little more than a million customers in total, including 200.000 in France and 850.000 in Belgium, where the company is the third largest electricity and gas supplier on the residential market behind two other French energy companies, Electrabel (Engie) and EDF Luminus.

http://www.boursorama.com/actualites/le ... 9e8cd306eb
0 x
Christophe

Re: Total buys Lampiris, Belgian supplier of "green" electricity

by Christophe » 14/06/16, 21:42

As stated in the 2ieme article: EDF had already taken LUMINUS ... and ENGIE (formerly Suez) Electrabel ...

In other words: almost 100% of Belgian electricity is ... French!

The Belgian politicians who let the electricity, strategic sector be sold to foreign companies, are finished rotten! Energy must remain partly controlled by the state ... for all the reasons one can imagine ...

France still respects its citizens: EDF is 85% to the French State ... for the moment ...
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by moinsdewatt » 21/04/18, 13:56

Total will acquire its competitor Direct Energie for 1,4 billion euros

Reuters18 / 04 / 2018

Total announced Wednesday that it has signed an agreement to buy Direct Energie, its competitor on the electricity and gas market, for around 1,4 billion euros.

The oil group will acquire 74,33% of the capital of Direct Energie at the price of 42 euros per share, a premium of 30% compared to the closing price of Tuesday evening.

He said in a statement that the transaction was approved unanimously by the Board of Directors of Direct Energie.

"Once this acquisition is completed, Total will file with the Autorité des marchés financiers a mandatory public offer relating to the shares of Direct Energie admitted to trading on Euronext Paris at the same price per share of 42 euros," the oil group added. .

Total explains that this acquisition, which will be financed from its cash position, will enable it to accelerate its development in the production and distribution of electricity and gas both in France and in Belgium.

Number three in the electricity and gas market in France, Direct Energie is currently valued on the stock market at 1,45 billion euros.

On the stock market, the Direct Energie title was reserved in opening, while that of Total took 0,25% to 49,03 euros, in a market in huasse of 0,27%.

Direct Energie closed on Tuesday during 32,24 euros. It has lost 18,36% of its value since the beginning of the year after a gain of almost 11% in 2017.

Total market capitalization is 129,67 billion euros. The stock has on its side gained more than 6% since the beginning of the year after a decline of 5,49% in 2017.

At the end of last year, Total had not hidden its ambition to become the main competitor of EDF and Engie in the supply of gas and electricity to individuals in France.

The group wants to win at least three million customers in France in less than five years.

Last year, Total also became the world's second largest liquefied natural gas (LNG) after acquiring Engie's LNG business for an enterprise value of 1,49 billion dollars (approximately 1,29 billion euros).

https://www.boursorama.com/bourse/actua ... 0df2ba6534
0 x
PVresistif
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by PVresistif » 22/04/18, 11:13

I was in the past a Lampiris customer for gas: it was -16% that the historical operator and small supplier seems to me very good; the belgians are foolish for business n, we can hope that Total will not "francize" all that too much.
0 x
Bardal
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Re: Re: Total buys Lampiris, Belgian supplier of "green" electricity

by Bardal » 22/04/18, 18:18

Christophe wrote:.. / ...

France still respects its citizens: EDF is 85% to the French State ... for the moment ...

Affirmation a little daring, and very questionable ...

The French state, for twenty years, has done everything to weaken and indebted EDF, by all means. And we saw everything: forced sale of hydropower in Suez, forced abandonment of the construction of power plants in Areva, impossibility to increase prices at the level of inflation, uncompensated subsidies to renewable energy, contradictory injunctions and permanent changes in energy policy, forced recovery of Areva bankrupt, forced sale of energy at low prices competitors ... One can even wonder how EDF was able to resist ...

For the rest, it is not better: in two years, the State has sold its first supplier of turbines for hydro-electricity, power plants and even the national navy (including submarines and aircraft carriers) ; he sold the same time the TGV (which by the way, are responsible, on orders of the State, half of the SNCF debt) and the shipyards of St Nazaire, world leader in cruise ships ...

Indeed, the French state respects the citizens ... Especially in the field of electricity and energy ...

Yes, really, the Belgians, you're lucky to be part of the big French electricity community ... That tomorrow will be singing.
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/04/18, 00:20

Your answer is also questionable: energies-renewable / disinformation-the-renewable-energies-are-the-bankruptcy-of-EDF-t14745.html

After we can continue to lie to the French and to lobby ... It's true that they became cons the French (or rather servile and credulous ...)

Otherwise yes EDF is in the financial shit but it is mainly by his will to believe still a future at 100% nuclear ... (bankruptcy of Areva which we quickly replaced the name ... and hop it speaks more) ...
0 x
Bardal
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bardal » 23/04/18, 13:08

Oh, it's not the REs that are causing EDF's difficulties; RE, it's all riquiqui, it produces virtually nothing, it's peanuts; 1 Billion a year to break everything in EDF accounts.
No, it's the rest, the decisions, or the absences of political decisions, the conflicts of clans, the shenanigans of corridors of some ecologists, in short the mess put by the politicians for barely admitted reasons: conflicts of persons, electoral interests, clan interests, decay strategies, personal interests ...

Between the turpitudes of Atomic Anne and his jules, the delusions of Ségolène, the interests of Sarkhozy's friends, the power struggles of the heirs of Jospin ... there was a complete inability to define a clear and firm energy policy. To believe that EDF, under the direct control of the State, could have imposed its objectives, is to show a real naivety ...

No, the difficulties of EDF originate from the same causes as the debt of the SNCF: an incapable political class and totally irresponsible, and completely attached to its electoral results, in the short term.
1 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/04/18, 13:24

bardal wrote:No, the difficulties of EDF originate from the same causes as the debt of the SNCF: an incapable political class and totally irresponsible, and completely attached to its electoral results, in the short term.

Hell is always the others ... typically French-French you always find a responsible to his own trouble ... I'm going to start believing that the narcissistic perversion is attributed to the birth to French 1 on 2? : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

N the reality is that incapable and totally irresponsible (especially with respect to solidarity with other French and the operation of their own company = Fascism = no concession on their assets privileged ... etc. etc .. ..), there is a package at the employees of these 2 companies! This is the sad reality ...

The debt of the SNCF and EDF are not made 1 day ... and give 100% of the responsibility on a handful of policies is dishonesty ...
0 x
Bardal
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by Bardal » 23/04/18, 18:34

Christophe wrote:
bardal wrote:No, the difficulties of EDF originate from the same causes as the debt of the SNCF: an incapable political class and totally irresponsible, and completely attached to its electoral results, in the short term.

Hell is always the others ... typically French-French you always find a responsible to his own trouble ... I'm going to start believing that the narcissistic perversion is attributed to the birth to French 1 on 2? : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen: : Mrgreen:

Apparently, the French are not the only ones to find someone responsible for their own troubles, and to sink into narcissistic perversion: "Belgian politicians who have allowed electricity, a strategic sector to be sold to foreign companies, are rotten ends ! " (Christophe, Act 1 Scene 1) ...

Well, it's just a small beam, compared to big straws ...
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/04/18, 20:04

You enter the sophist trollism there :)

But I understand you must have felt targeted as an employee of EdF incompetent and irresponsible so when a beast is wounded she died ... (bin what?) I'm entitled too since you get back into the personal attacks ... )

And yes I confirm that you have to be a con and funny not love his country to let sell to a foreign power, even neighboring, a sector as strategic as electricity ...

After this sale, I did not say that it was a source of annoyance or bankruptcy (unlike you), I said that it was idiots who had made it possible that's all ... In short you are leaving in sophistry ... : Cheesy:
0 x