Power supply Gazpar (and consumption?)

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
gum arabic
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Power supply Gazpar (and consumption?)

by gum arabic » 10/03/16, 15:56

Hello, do you know how the meter communicating Gazpar will be supplied with electricity, because to my knowledge there is not in the case which contains the old meters of electric supply?
0 x
Christophe

Re: Gaspar power supply (and consumption?)

by Christophe » 10/03/16, 16:02

After the Linky are you going to attack Gazpar?

Perhaps we should already conclude the case of the Linky, right? Because obviously the clean consumption of the Linky is not more important than those of the old electromagnetic disc meters ...

Suggestions / internal-consumption-meter-EDF-t14568.html # p300287
0 x
gum arabic
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by gum arabic » 10/03/16, 17:44

Well yes, thread by needle as they say. I even wonder if it's not much where we will get electricity in the gas box ... All this comes from the replacement of a water meter, I had noticed that the index of the new meter does not was not at 0, I think it was during the meter test that it had started to run, but multiplied by the number of subscribers it makes a nice little cheating, because the next statement had not counting the starting index!
I became suspicious, some would say paranoid, with the self certification of industrial products and long before VW, I have the impression that it is cheating everywhere.
0 x
izentrop
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by izentrop » 10/03/16, 17:50

Hello, necessarily:
The Gazpar natural gas meter transmits data twice a day, in less than one second, over a radio wave, to a concentrator, using a frequency of 169 MHz

The-counter-communicating-Linky-and-Gazpar.

Here is a frequency I knew well when I practiced radiotelephony. Now these frequencies are recovered for other applications. :frown:

I noticed that the index of the new counter was not 0,
What matters is the index taken into account during commissioning, right?
0 x
gum arabic
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by gum arabic » 10/03/16, 18:10

yes it's good on izentrop, but where do we get the electricity in the gas box? The radio wave as you say it is not in the gas?
0 x
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 10/03/16, 18:13

I think (I'm not sure : Oops: ) that the meter is self-powered with a turbine in the gas flow.
With a capacitor or a mini battery, there must be enough to operate the meter and the two seconds of emission per day.

What seems certain is that the meter has no incoming wire.
0 x
f6gia_88
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by f6gia_88 » 10/03/16, 18:26

Bonjour à tous
Maybe an RFID technology or the chip is fed by the emission of the "server"?
This system uses 2 frequencies, a low one for the reception and the supply of the chip and a higher one simultaneously for the emission ... The statement of certain water operators, already use this technology, an equipped vehicle goes to idle and active by passing the counter chips, it's very fast
0 x
gum arabic
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by gum arabic » 10/03/16, 18:33

thank you gaston etf6gia for your answers, but I thought I read that it would be like for the linky by CPL up to a concentrator from where my question of the electrical energy necessary, I check on the engie site ...
0 x
gum arabic
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by gum arabic » 10/03/16, 18:42

Well, I asked my question too quickly: I found the answer all alone on the net: there will be a battery built into the new gzspar counter (battery life: 20 years) and radio transmission to the concentrator .
Thank you very much everyone for your answers.
0 x
f6gia_88
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by f6gia_88 » 10/03/16, 19:23

Gum arabic
I found the same answer on the closed chat from GDF / SUEZ (Engie what ...) frequency of 169 MHz and range of 1 km, twice a day.
The concentrators will be placed in manholes and network valves. And vertical VHF and GSM type antennas will appear on each collection well in order to collect the data transmitted and enter the GSM network. The question that arises here is: will it be on a private GSM operator network like Orange, Bouygues, SFR or the GSM network in GigaHertz that ErDF will set up to read the data from the Linky electricity meter, obviously, still radio pollution in sight ....
0 x

Go back to "Fossil energies: oil, gas, coal and nuclear electricity (fission and fusion)"