Fukushima Daiichi: the situation (one year) after (ASN and IRSN)

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Christophe

Fukushima Daiichi: the situation (one year) after (ASN and IRSN)

by Christophe » 07/03/12, 15:30

ASN takes stock of the situation of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power station the radiological consequences in Japan and in Europe

I. Technical situation of the Fukushima Daiichi plant

A. Situation of the reactors

The 1, 2 and 3 reactors of the Fukushima Daiichi plant continue to be cooled by injection of fresh water directly into the tanks containing the fuels. The means for injecting water into the tanks have been made reliable. They make it possible to maintain the temperature of the primary circuit (RPV) around 40 ° C for the reactors No. 2 and 3 and 25 ° C for the reactor No. 1.

The primary circuit is nevertheless not waterproof; the water injected into it is recovered in the lower parts of the buildings (see diagram below).

Diagram of the injection of water into the vessels of the reactors. Diagram of the injection of water into the vessels of the reactors.

B. Cooling of spent fuel storage pools

The reactor pools are cooled in a closed circuit. The temperature of the water is kept below 25 ° C.

Cooling reactor pools in a closed circuit

C. Contaminated water management at the site

The water stored at the site is pumped, stored, processed and then reinjected in part in reactors No. 1, 2 and 3. By mid-December 2011, about 200 000 tons of water had been processed; 80 000 tons of treated water had been reinjected into the reactors; 135 000 tons of treated water had been stored in tanks on site.

In order to treat the effluents generated by the fuel cooling actions, the operator has commissioned water decontamination and desalination plants, provided in part by Kurion and Toshiba.

D. The limitation of radioactive releases

In order to limit the dispersion of the contamination, the recovery of reactor building No. 1 was completed on October 28 2011. A similar operation is studied for reactors 3 and 4 whose buildings are the most damaged.

Radioactive gaseous releases are continuing; they are of the order of 60 MBq / h or 10 000 000 times less than the activity rejected at the time of the accident. A flue gas treatment plant operates for No. 1 and 2 reactors.

Radioactive water leaks are regularly detected, especially at the effluent or waste treatment facilities. The construction of an enclosure to limit radioactive discharges to the sea is planned.

Debris disposal operations on the site continue (29 000 m3 was evacuated in mid-December).

II. Management of radiological consequences in Japan

1. Synthesis

The characterization and general monitoring of the environment are coordinated by the Japanese authorities and carried out by different actors. The different measures are detailed in the Comprehensive Monitoring Plan. Radioactive cesiums are now in the majority in the environment, the iodines having decreased under the effect of radioactive decay (IRSN note 27 / 09 / 2011). At sea, despite the large quantities released, the conjunction of two large marine currents near the site has resulted in a very large dispersion of radionuclides (IRSN note 26 / 10 / 11)

The assessment of worker exposure is updated by TEPCO; nearly 20 000 workers have already benefited from an internal dose assessment.

A post-accident zoning was defined by the Japanese government 22 April 2011 then updated, to ensure the protection of the populations residing in the prefecture of Fukushima. The areas most contaminated by radioactive substances are banned from access and the populations residing there have been rehoused. Beyond these territories, decontamination and enhanced surveillance actions are initiated.

Enhanced surveillance of levels of contamination of food produced in Japan has been organized at the level of the prefectures most affected by the contamination, or even beyond. The results of these analyzes are updated weekly. The balance of the controls carried out since March 2011 is as follows: among the 97 664 samples analyzed on all the 44 Japanese prefectures, 1 078 (1,1%) are higher than the maximum allowable Japanese levels.

A law regulating the decontamination of the contaminated territories was promulgated by the Japanese government 30 August 2011. The Japanese government is responsible for decontamination, with the exception of areas where the predicted exposure is less than 20 mSv / year. In these, the municipalities are responsible for the decontamination plan. This decontamination work, affecting the urban, agricultural and forestry environment is accompanied by the regular publication of technical documents, enriching themselves regularly with their own feedback. Waste management has also been the subject of specific provisions provided by the law of 31 August 2011.

The guidelines for compensation have been set by the Dispute Reconciliation Committee for Nuclear Damage Compensation. Compensation for people and professionals is under way; for this purpose a specific fund has been set up and endowed with 6 billion euros. A balance sheet of the indemnities paid by TEPCO was published in 18 December 2011.

(...)

Suite / source: http://japon.asn.fr/index.php/Japon/Com ... -mars-2012

Full version .pdf: https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... 8MXLfY.pdf

And IRSN file:

On February 28, 2012 in Paris, IRSN organized a press point on the theme "Fukushima, one year later", with the participation of Jacques Repussard, Director General of IRSN, Thierry Charles, Deputy Director General in charge of nuclear installations and systems, Didier Champion, director of the crisis, and Jean-René Jourdain, assistant to the director of human protection.

This file contains the video recordings and the presentations of the subjects treated during this press point: the report of the Fukushima accident (state of safety of the site, of the contamination of the grounds, health monitoring of the population), the perspectives of reconquest of the contaminated territories, scientific collaborations of the IRSN in Japan.

In this section:

* Situation of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear facilities
* Assessment of the environmental consequences of the accident
* Simulation of the marine dispersion of liquid radioactive releases caused by the Fukushima accident
* Simulations of the atmospheric dispersion of radioactive releases
* The health consequences of the Fukushima accident

Folder: http://www.irsn.fr/FR/base_de_connaissa ... un-an.aspx

Including a video conference of 1h15: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... ature=plcp
Last edited by Christophe the 04 / 02 / 14, 15: 27, 1 edited once.
0 x
stipe
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by stipe » 07/03/12, 15:58

it's funny, they forgot a "detail", several reactor cores have melted, and we have no idea of ​​the location of the coriums, suddenly the temperature of the reactors is not of much interest since we do not Maybe not measure the temperature of where the coriums are ... But hey, I'm quibbling, in fact everything is under control.
0 x
"the goal of every life is to end" !.
Christophe

by Christophe » 07/03/12, 16:14

Ben me I find these files not bad, this series of video by the IRSN is very synthetic on the consequences: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcZHLhjc ... 40ftOI6OM7
0 x
Former Oceano

by Former Oceano » 07/03/12, 19:20

According to yesterday's Arte report, the 3 reactor exploded. Not a chemical explosion with hydrogen from zirconium oxidation of the rods from the oxygen of the water, but an explosion of criticality, nuclear explosion so the level below an atomic bomb.
It is therefore much worse than Chernobyl because a lot of plutonium uranium and other radionuclides have been dropped.

Moreover if we search a little we see that the leaders, the rich big companies leave the sector:

http://japon.aujourdhuilemonde.com/faut ... okyo%C2%A0
http://fukushima-diary.com/2012/02/4-ma ... -to-osaka/

In short, it stinks ...
0 x
[MODO Mode = ON]
Zieuter but do not think less ...
Peugeot Ion (VE), KIA Optime PHEV, VAE, no electric motorcycle yet...
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 07/03/12, 21:15

Scientists think that the next big earthquake is for Tokyo in a few years (just look at the dates of the earthquakes of past centuries to be convinced !!!), more that of 11 March 2011 has destabilized everything, multiplying the disturbing earthquakes.

Scientists are more listened because they had predicted in 30 less than 90% in 2000, that of 11 March 2011 !!!

Osaka is no safer in earthquakes like the one near Kobe in 1995, and the Japanese breeder reactor not far away.

Separating the criticality that heats up quickly if not mastered, clears everything, especially the H2 and chemically explodes these released gases, the explosion of H2, seems to me very difficult, and Chernobyl as Fukushima are critical and H2 to at once, inseparable.

Chernobyl by emptying the reactor vaporized full of plutonium and radioactivity too and remains a little worse.

But he was in a much less populated area.

And the wind at worst, with luck, was not directed to a big city like Kiev and the same to Tokyo, to Fukushima.

A testimony on Arte of a Japanese woman who prefers to stay in France, said that children had more sore throat and nosebleeds, than before, a sign of the effects of radiation that decimate the whole body, well before diseases severe, as around Chernobyl, with many diseases, non-specific irradiation and easily denied.
0 x
chatelot16
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by chatelot16 » 07/03/12, 23:01

in any case this explosion has a very positive effect on the ecological behavior of the Japanese: 20% electricity saving since this accident ... return to the consomation of 70 years:

congratulations for their civic sense

could not we do the same without waiting until there is one exploding here?

reduce consumption to not put his country in trouble after a power plant exploded is good

reduce consumption to make useless plants is better

(when we shit in her pants it's too late to shake your buttocks)
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 08/03/12, 01:41

Absolute horror:

Outside the evacuated zone a black substance on the bitumen in a lot of place is radioactive very strongly in alpha, outside the evacuated zone, in direct memory of the heart of the reactor.

Black substance emits 45.699μSv / h of alpha ray
http://fukushima-diary.com/2012/02/blac ... alpha-ray/

http://fukushima-diary.com/2012/03/blac ... generated/

http://fukushima-diary.com/2012/03/8-of ... ymphocyte/

http://fukushima-diary.com/2012/01/wher ... falls-off/

http://fukushima-diary.com/2012/03/pu-2 ... igh-doses/

http://fukushima-diary.com/category/bnews/
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 08/03/12, 08:58

chatelot16 wrote:in any case this explosion has a very positive effect on the ecological behavior of the Japanese: 20% electricity saving since this accident ... return to the consomation of 70 years:

congratulations for their civic sense

Uh question: is it sandstone or force? The correct answer changes everything about "civic sense" ...
0 x
netshaman
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by netshaman » 08/03/12, 10:27

What made me jump to the ceiling is when in the show it was shown that in the headquarters of Areva, a guy was pleased with the accident and showed on his board that it was going to revive the economy. country !!!
: Evil:
No, but I dream !!!
You see when I stop saying that they do not have soul these people (reference to my post on pb2488 of the time), and that it does not embarrass them absolutely to endanger the life of others to make a max of cash!
If we let them go and there is no regulation we would have:

Folks at the mercy thank you (slaves) who would work without pay, without health cover, disposable, and big pigs of capitalists who would feast full excavations by laughing at their suffering! : Evil:

Moreover, the collusion with the Japanese mafia of TEPCO does not surprise me!
And to say that in France Areva policy is mafia type there is only one step!
When we see the largesse offered to a small village in Lorraine to buy its stake to install a deposit of buried waste in the territory of his commune, we ask questions!
An oversized village hall that only serves once every two years and has cost the taxpayer a fortune!
After we are surprised that the debt increases!
I always said that nuclear was a financial pit, but I did not imagine that kind of thing.
Am I foolish, this is the classic tactic of big business to get to the aboriginal and to promise him jobs if she settles at home and give her sumptuous gifts (or perceived as such by the average pequin) and once installed, hop you can brush!
No more promises there is no one on the phone: the promised schools are still waiting for them, the jobs are only for those of the big group, the economic fallout is that slab!
It is a bit like when you indaded the Indians with glassware to seize their land and their wealth!
Ah always the good old method that works!
Hunt the natural ...
Ah and also the Italian mafia flowing boats loaded with radioactive stuff in the mediterranean ....
Poor Earth ...

: Cry:

Edit: And all this (what coincidence) I read a day before on the site of JPP, and in particular (but they do not speak about it in the emission) the problem of disruptions of plasma in the future ITER, then I do not do not know what you think about it but me it worried me a little ...
Note, if it 's a miniature sun, it' s normal to say, because in the true sun, these are what are called protuberances, you know, these gigantic coronary mass ejections ...
Ok so from this point of view the merger is a failure, there's no picture!
What is quantum level is not controllable whatever one does or says!
It is chaos in the pure state that has its own conscience, a bit like a demon in a bottle!
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 08/03/12, 14:23

netshaman wrote:What made me jump to the ceiling is when in the show it was shown that in the headquarters of Areva, a guy was pleased with the accident and showed on his board that it was going to revive the economy. country !!!

It was not Areva but the Japanese government saying that.

It does not detract from the fact that we do not care about Fukishima and about the French power stations, whose risks are completely minimized.
Even Arte, in his report, did not mention the fact that the same accident is possible in France ...

What I said in another thread:
Clearly, the pro-nuclear can continue to say that in France, there is no risk that the same thing happens! (see what the wife of the retired French nuclear engineer who was interviewed in the 2è report said)

Have French journalists been muzzled as much as Japanese?

Yet it is simple to explain:
- The Japanese had a risk R of earthquakes, so they built the plants taking it into account. Ditto for tsunamis.
- In France we have a lower risk R ', so we build our plants with lower constraints.

We already have evidence of that, we already know that we are all ready for big problems, but we continue to say that everything is fine in France ... : Cry:
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity