Site power consumption

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
clasou
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

Site power consumption

by clasou » 09/02/12, 06:39

Hello,
Anyone know if there is the equivalent of the rte site on instant consumption (15mn), for neighboring countries.
I heard last night that Germany would have reactivated a certain reactor to alleviate the emergency.
On the rte site we see that there is about 6 giga watt of import, given the temperatures on the Europe which imports, and would be at the expense of their population.
a-claude
0 x
moinsdewatt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Site on electricity consumption

by moinsdewatt » 11/02/12, 12:30

clasou wrote:Hello,
Anyone know if there is the equivalent of the rte site on instant consumption (15mn), for neighboring countries.
I heard last night that Germany would have reactivated a certain reactor to alleviate the emergency.
On the rte site we see that there is about 6 giga watt of import, given the temperatures on the Europe which imports, and would be at the expense of their population.
a-claude

Germany has not reactivated a nuke reactor.

Germany has reactivated coal and fuel plants.
0 x
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 11/02/12, 14:14

Germany has not reactivated a nuke reactor.

actually the false statement seems a pure manipulation on our media of our nuclear lobby, to vote for Sarko !!!

Anyway this is totally incoherent, given the slow start-up and shutdown of any nuclear power plant, unable to absorb a rapid peak in consumption !!!

Otherwise, we immediately have a new inevitable Chernobyl, after a few hours of operation at 1/10 of the maximum power !!
0 x