Grants: 1 billion more for the French nuclear!

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
Christophe

Grants: 1 billion more for the French nuclear!

by Christophe » 27/06/11, 15:42

Not even 4 months after the 2ieme most serious disaster of humanity, it was necessary to dare to give public money to this sector especially in a state already over-indebted !! See last week's posts here: https://www.econologie.com/forums/dette-publ ... t9654.html

Nuclear. One billion euros for the "nuclear of the future". At his press conference on investments for the future, Nicolas Sarkozy announced the release of funds, notably to "strengthen research in the field of nuclear safety" and to develop nuclear 4th generation.

"France has a considerable lead" in the field of security. That's why she lost "tenders" abroad, according to the head of state. "Our plants are more expensive because safer," he sold.

"There are no alternatives to nuclear power today," said the president. We must therefore develop nuclear power and renewable energies "to" be at the rendezvous of 2020: 23% renewable energy "

"France does not need to skip sectors, it develops all sectors," he still defended.

1,3 billion euros will be devoted to renewable energy, he said. In addition, "twelve billion were invested for offshore wind turbines", that is to say "wind turbines in the ocean," he said. [Actually, it's more like ten billion, read over here]

But, he said, "one of the most promising energies for the future is energy saving".

-> Review the entire speech: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xjk34k ... iques_news

(...)

Source Suite: http://www.liberation.fr/economie/01012 ... e-du-futur

Read some reactions, they are interesting ...

Before spinning ONE BILLION nuclear ...
Could one ask me my opinion ?! Because it's me who gagged him, this dough! ... Signed: the people of France
Monday 27 June at 15h24
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 27/06/11, 16:03

self-satisfaction, blindness, enferration, embezzlement of anti-democratic public funds ...

Imageeverything is there, in front of the musicImage
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 27/06/11, 16:18

an interesting article on this subject.
Green energies: the club of five pockets the setting
France is late.

With the approval of the State, EDF, Areva and company killed in the egg pioneering SMEs of the sector

Everything happens in Paris where, with the connivance of the state, the club of five energy (EDF, GDF-Suez, Veolia, Total and Areva) just pocketed the profits of renewable energy the juiciest, without any real structuring of the sectors being implemented. "
[]

Question of culture

The consanguinity between the state and these multinationals can also be seen in the policies for the development of biomass. This abstract term refers to the production of electricity by the combustion of waste and residues of organic and vegetable matter. No one knows, but it is the first source of green energy.

The few peasants who want to produce electricity - 24 agricultural biogas plants in use against 5 000 in Germany - take paths that are full of pitfalls. They are not the only ones.

Local communities close to forests are rarely granted permission to establish cogeneration plants, which produce heat by burning wood. Even though heating thousands of homes is key.

"Énarques, inspectors of finances, X Bridges, X Mines pass easily from one ministerial cabinet to another, but one never finds these high officials at the head of SME", laments Yvan Stefanovitch.

[]
"The report is hardly more brilliant in the wind. Yet again, France was in pole position »

Source: Newspaper "Sud Ouest"
And many other things to read in this article.

To come back to the heart of this subject, I say that the nuclear of the future, qualified as "4th generation", these are the fast neutron breeders cooled with liquid sodium of the Superphenyx type.
0 x
dirk pitt
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dirk pitt » 27/06/11, 16:37

just to set the order of magnitude, I would like to remind what is a BILLION Euros because it looks like some do not know anymore, especially those who play with our cash : Evil:
and then has the strength to hear 1 billion here and there a billion, that word ended up no longer representing great things to our ears.

So this is it:
if you put a 10 euro bill on the table EVERY SECOND: tick-tock-tick without stopping night and day,
it would take more than 3ANS to make a billion euros.

it's really a lot of money, shit, and it's ours !! : Cry:
0 x
Click my signature
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 27/06/11, 16:38

Do not ever understand the dwarf!

When will the people listen in France!

He does not look at the polls! : Evil:
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.
Criticism is good if added to some compliments.
Alain
Gaston
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Gaston » 27/06/11, 16:50

Alain G wrote:When will the people listen in France!
In France, all the 5 years, we elect a king based on the subject mediatized that crystallizes the attention at the time of the election (the kärcherisation of the rascals in 2007, the next will be perhaps the marriage homosexual) and a Once elected he makes the decisions he wants in all other fields : Evil:
0 x
bamboo
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bamboo » 27/06/11, 17:01

The French are (on average) for nuclear...
They believe that it saves them money ...

The only way to really know if someone is sure and certain of wanting nuclear is to ask him if he agrees that the next plant is 50m from home.

There, I'm sure there would be much more reluctance : Cheesy:
But otherwise, no luck ...
0 x
Solar Production + VE + VAE = short cycle electricity
clasou
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by clasou » 27/06/11, 17:16

Hello,
I know it's a way of speaking but 50 m?

If not in a sense it makes sense, then being on top of the subject the hidden purpose, I think is to find the technology, to be able to serve waste as raw material. And so it makes sense that we do not understand .

I hope that Germany will follow Switzerland in the fact that the latter has to decide if I understood an increase in tax credits from 200 to 300 million from the moment it would concern the passive isolation of the house (roof wall).

Now, one thing annoys me is on the point of savings that everyone does because ultimately in absolute terms if we do not consume it does not produce, and so on this topic much advocates the electric car.
Certainly not the best way to send a signal of refusal of the style of production, by the time we hear soon that the sale of air conditioner exploded.

I will be told that some, we put solar panels and it produces about as much as it consumes and when more he is smart because he resells several times more than he bought.

So strongly that it accepts the particular in 6kw creates we will be able to see cars of 2tonnes électriques : Evil:

Well a bit provocative, I recognize it.
a + claude
0 x
Alain G
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Alain G » 27/06/11, 17:18

Hello Indy!

If we do a search with "French poll for nuclear power", we come across a number of polls in favor or against, some are biased (especially those made on behalf of Aréva and the French government) and others are more realistic who show that since the disaster in Japan the majority are unfavorable!

A referendum on the subject by the Govt. the dwarf would be a good way to settle the question once and for all but the military will not push this option!

The problem is that France gets bogged down more and more and will wake up too late as it happens too often by leaving the other countries to develop the ENR sector while creating a maximum of jobs which will not be able to benefit the French population being obliged to buy materials manufactured elsewhere!

I'm sorry!
0 x
Stepping behind sometimes can strengthen friendship.

Criticism is good if added to some compliments.

Alain
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 27/06/11, 18:03

Dirk pitt writes:
if you put a 10 euro bill on the table EVERY SECOND: tick-tock-tick without stopping night and day,
it would take more than 3ANS to make a billion euros.

Small error, it is worse by a factor 10, we spend his life there:
10^9/(24x35600x365)=31,71 ans !!

therefore :

if we put a piece of [b] 1 euros on the table EVERY SECOND: ticking-ticking without stopping night and day,
it would take more than 31ANS and 8mois, 5 to make a billion euros. [/ b]

I hope it will take longer to have a catastrophe Fukushima-Cherno in France, inevitable sooner or later, because this billion lost for the renewable, will not be enough to make infallible our nuclear supermans!

But I'm afraid, that our aging plants, fleeing more and more tetra Becquerels, will explode before !!
Last edited by dedeleco the 09 / 07 / 11, 22: 29, 2 edited once.
0 x

Go back to "Fossil energies: oil, gas, coal and nuclear electricity (fission and fusion)"