Flexblue, nuclear mini-center

Oil, gas, coal, nuclear (PWR, EPR, hot fusion, ITER), gas and coal thermal power plants, cogeneration, tri-generation. Peakoil, depletion, economics, technologies and geopolitical strategies. Prices, pollution, economic and social costs ...
cortejuan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Flexblue, nuclear mini-center

by cortejuan » 21/01/11, 19:47

Hi,

if you have already treated the subject, forget my post, but I wonder about this proposal visible here:

http://www.lepost.fr/article/2011/01/21/2378346_flexblue-mini-centrale-nucleaire-pres-de-chez-vous.html

Regardless of the good or ill-founded thing, I wonder about technology, is it a stirling engine? The ocean being an ideal cold reserve.

What and your opinion on the project?

cordially
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 21/01/11, 20:02

Nice video, beautiful music, missing more than dolphins! : Lol:
The concept of mini nuclear power plants on board ships is not new, the Russians have thought about it for a long time.

However, this pseudo-innovation of an underwater nuclear power plant (basically an immobile submarine) is pitiful
Where is the lasting solution in there?
Where does the waste go? and the terrorist, ecological risk?
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
cortejuan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by cortejuan » 21/01/11, 20:30

Hi,

I always admire the human imagination, we messed up the planet but on the ocean side there are still possibilities ...

But what is the interest if not the possibility of benefiting from the thermal well of the oceans and of solving the problem of people hostile to the charm of our beautiful terrestrial plants ...

cordially
0 x
sen-no-sen
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sen-no-sen » 21/01/11, 20:43

cortejuan wrote:Hi,

But what is the interest if not the possibility of benefiting from the thermal well of the oceans and of solving the problem of people hostile to the charm of our beautiful terrestrial plants ...

cordially

Obviously none!
If only to hide from everyone the danger of nuclear power.
In practice, such a device poses many more problems than it solves

NB: I just saw the new ad of (dis) information of ava (the epic of energy !!!), I don't know if we should laugh or vomit!
The last sequence of the video absolutely sums up the pseudo-ecological French policy: wind turbines and a few solar panels to "forget" nuclear (which provides 3/4 of our energy).
Sleep quiet French French!
0 x
"Engineering is sometimes about knowing when to stop" Charles De Gaulle.
cortejuan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by cortejuan » 21/01/11, 21:40

Hi,

yes the ad is quite impressive, I timed it, it must do within 30 and a few seconds. At the cost of the second, that makes ads rather expensive.

see you
0 x

Go back to "Fossil energies: oil, gas, coal and nuclear electricity (fission and fusion)"