GP: quality of the water!

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
hubertm
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

GP: quality of the water!

by hubertm » 09/12/08, 14:20

Hello,
Having finally succeeded in gathering all the necessary information (thanks to all the active participants of this site and to Quanthomme for the contacts) to the construction of our own "kit", it is ready for assembly (on a Case 135). Bubbler (22 liters) + 2 reactors.
Editing within a week, but here is another question:
I think I have withdrawn many forums that it is preferable, even essential, to acidify it a little (see Andre and his spoonful of vinegar per 5 liters of water) in order to have a PH close to 6 (I therefore refer to Julien's theory on ionization). But my question is the following: tap water has +/- 7.8 PH but is very hard! and that scares us! Here in Israel, unfortunately it does not rain enough (so no rainwater available all year round).
One wonders if calgon would be a solution; it solves the limestone problem and it lowers the pH from 1 to 6,8 (adding a little vinegar should do the trick). The problem is that in the diagram of Andre and Christophe, I read that the limestone would have the function of isolating the rod of the reactor ????
in short, if someone has an opinion on the subject, calgon, not calgon, limestone, not limestone .... it would be nice
please
hubert
If there is no opinion, we continue anyway :D
0 x
swift2540
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by swift2540 » 09/12/08, 14:35

Hello,
in bubbler I know nothing about it, but in water a little anyway.
Calgon, polyphosphates and "magnetic softeners" all have the same property, they prevent lime from settling. With the same problem, they are inoperative above 60 ° c.
The only way to get rid of limescale is the real water softener with salt. By the way, the softener lowers the pH of the water.
If it can help you
Swift
0 x
hubertm
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

GP: Water quality

by hubertm » 09/12/08, 15:48

Swift,
First of all a big thank you! This is very practical information.
The water of the bubbler will be effectively at more than 60 degrees.
As for the water softener, that would pose "logistical" problems, but hey, if you have no choice ...
It remains to balance the possible problems due to scaling (it should logically quickly block the space of 1mm in the reactor!) And the useful role (essential?) In the isolation of the reactor rod ???
Q Anyone have an opinion on this?
Thank you
0 x
hubertm
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

GP: Water quality

by hubertm » 09/12/08, 16:14

I specify when I say that there is no rain water here, I would refer to an old post from forum who talks about the importance of water:

Andre wrote:Hello
gilgamesh wrote:This is a very good explanation andré and very plausible. What is the water to use then? Is there a relation with the electrical insulation of the rod the question of the break-in and the oxidation of the stem ??

water ditches, rainwater, melted snow, water from the earth
When a bubbler has been operating for a year, there is what he needs. it works best when there is almost no water left.
When he dabbles in his shit. When he has evaporated an 100 liters of water, basically it accumulates something in spite of my bubbler is completely copper, I will not drink what is at the bottom
This, too, is part of the improvement over time that some people are observing (the question is why?)
For a long time I thought that steam was pure distilled water. It was a mistake to look at the color of the outlet ducts and the reactor passed more than water in it.
It is also one of the reasons that I persisted with a carburettor to pass the intergrality of the water and all that it contains.
for a long time I thought that water was something pure and universal .. we neglected small impurities and their influence on the steam
The farmer certainly do not put Perrier in his bubbler ...
the stem when it becomes hot it is covered with a coating like a varnish that results in an increase of temperature of exit and a better yield.

Andre
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/12/08, 16:45

It is especially the pH which influences the results.

Do not hesitate to put a little vinegar in your water!
0 x
swift2540
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by swift2540 » 10/12/08, 00:51

Hi,
If you have "logistical problems" for the placement of a softener, there is still a solution.
The limestone precipitates (almost) entirely at + 63 ° c. It is therefore necessary to boil the water in a pan first, the limestone will be found in solid form (encrusted) at the bottom of the pan.
It remains to be seen how much water is needed ...
Besides the water part, I can't help you.
Swift
0 x
the middle
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by the middle » 10/12/08, 08:56

Normally in your country it's hot.
So there are air conditioning (to cool the houses)
At the exit of the air conditioning, there is demineralized water flowing ....
This is a good source of lime-free water :D
0 x
Man is by nature a political animal (Aristotle)
hubertm
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by hubertm » 21/12/08, 16:59

swift2540 wrote:Hi,
If you have "logistical problems" for the placement of a softener, there is still a solution.
The limestone precipitates (almost) entirely at + 63 ° c. It is therefore necessary to boil the water in a pan first, the limestone will be found in solid form (encrusted) at the bottom of the pan.
Swift

Good evening!
Sorry I just read the post.
Thank you. If the system works well enough, it will be installed on a larger scale and the amount of water required would be too large.
We will for the moment use running water, with all these potential faults, and focus on the ph.
By the way, there are pictures of the montage here: https://www.econologie.com/forums/dopage-a-l ... t6768.html
0 x
hubertm
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by hubertm » 21/12/08, 17:01

lejustemilieu wrote:Normally in your country it's hot.
So there are air conditioning (to cool the houses)
At the exit of the air conditioning, there is demineralized water flowing ....
This is a good source of lime-free water :D

Thanks for the advice! Had to think about it. I don't know if I will be able to use it for doping but there is matter to "dig" : Idea: , recycling point of view we are pretty bad in this country. It's not only in recycling elsewhere : Cheesy:
0 x
hubertm
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by hubertm » 21/12/08, 18:39

swift2540 wrote:Hi,
Swift

Good evening Swift,
Can I deduce from what you say that the limestone will be found at the bottom of the bubbler and not in the pipe since the temperature will be +/- 90 degrees?
Thank you good night
0 x

Go back to "Water injection in heat engines: information and explanations"