Wet combustion: explanations by Rémi Guillet

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Wet combustion: explanations by Rémi Guillet

by Janic » 29/10/22, 10:55

that is to say when the temperatures of the combustion chambers are close to their maximum...
it should rather be said, when the system is closest to the engine. The failures come precisely from the remoteness of the system from the engine output!
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/10/22, 11:12

No you don't understand Janic...
0 x
Janic
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Janic » 29/10/22, 11:24

29/10/22, 11:12

christophe
No you don't understand Janic...
Is that so ? explain to me!
0 x
"We make science with facts, like making a house with stones: but an accumulation of facts is no more a science than a pile of stones is a house" Henri Poincaré
Christophe

by Christophe » 29/10/22, 12:08

I just did it...and I did it, we did it, here for years...do some research...
0 x
gildas
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by gildas » 29/10/22, 13:21

Christophe wrote:I don't want to go into details but the water injection works well when the engine load is high...that is to say when the temperatures of the combustion chambers are close to their maximum...

BMW says that fuel consumption drops with water injection.

Ask the ex-F1 engineers of the 80s what they think...

Thank you for your answer, always so pleasant to discuss this (too?) fascinating subject. :)

Christophe wrote:I don't want to go into details but the water injection works well when the engine load is high...that is to say when the temperatures of the combustion chambers are close to their maximum...

Yes already seen on tractors with Pantone reactor in water doping. If the reactor can be in depression, not at all sure that it is as much as a full-throttle racing engine equipped with one or more reactors...

The supercharged M4 does not promote depression, the water brought should not bring the usual benefit (ionized water vapours). 8% savings, not extraordinary...

An engine (without reactor) Outboard 4T atmo at full speed (therefore in depression) with water doping (acid-based aerosols + HHO) = 26,5% fuel savings *...

*Certified by attestation by a person in charge of the 24 hours of motorboating of Rouen.
Last edited by gildas the 29 / 10 / 22, 13: 31, 1 edited once.
0 x
gildas
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by gildas » 29/10/22, 13:33

certificate-rectified-FFM.jpg
attestation-rectifié-FFM.jpg (157.53 KiB) Consulted 1455 times
1 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 29/10/22, 13:40

September 2016 at 09:19

By: Yann Lethuillier

The BMW M4 GTS is the first to introduce the water injection system at BMW, and it may well be that this technology will become more popular in the years to come. Indeed, the ultra-sporty benefits from this system for its 3.0-litre TwinTurbo six-cylinder unit which, as a reminder, develops a whopping 500 horsepower and 600 Nm of torque. But this technology was far from being innovative since it was already used during the Second World War, in certain American and German vehicles, in order to avoid engine overheating, and even better, it was used for the first time in the 19th century. for some gas engines.

Read: Test - BMW 340i 2016

Today, the water injection system benefits high-performance engines, but it could soon be incorporated into smaller displacements in order to reduce consumption and CO2 emissions. But it may well be that this type of injection is not suitable for all engines either, in particular for too small displacements.

The system is expected to reach mass production by the year 2019 and will be, overall, similar to that of the BMW M4 GTS. To put it simply, distilled water vapor will be sprayed into the engine's intake system, just before combustion, to increase efficiency by 13% and reduce CO2 emissions by 4% according to Bosch, the project manager. Obviously, this system causes the addition of a new tank to store distilled water. It should have a capacity of 5 liters in order to be operational for about 3000 km according to Bosch. If the tank is empty, don't panic, the engine will continue to run but will logically be less efficient and less effective.

Mercedes-Benz recently declared that the project was too heavy to support financially, but BMW sticks to its positions by arguing that the production costs of such a system will indeed decrease within a few years. In the meantime, BMW is now quite alone in this niche, and why not try a gamble with this type of innovative engine?

Source: Bosch via Autocar

We understood, 500 hp to bring bobonne to the market.... : roll:

https://www.lepoint.fr/automobile/innov ... 13_652.php

Water injection, the future of the gasoline engine for BMW

Increasing the power of supercharged engines while reducing their consumption is possible thanks to water injection developed by BMW.
By Yves Maroselli