My first pantone, need help!

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
PITMIX
Pantone engine Researcher

by PITMIX » 04/04/07, 06:51

Hello
Ah I recognize the way you run your engine.
This is the puppy to settle eh ??? : Cheesy:
You should not abandon this project too quickly, it is very beneficial for you.
I suspect that you are impatient to see what gives water doping but it would be necessary that you push the experience further on your small engine.
I'm telling you this because for the moment I am doing exactly like you.
I went too quickly to the car.
Try to do what you were told.
Put a small fuel for gasoline connected to a tee with the bubbler on the other side of the tee just with water.
Get by so that the bubbler is heated by the exhaust. If it's too complicated, put a smaller bubbler that you fix against your engine so that it heats up enough.
Bubbles the bubbler by depression and not by exhaust return.
You will see it is more fun to do this on a small engine than on a car.
0 x
the joint
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by the joint » 04/04/07, 21:52

Hi Pitmix it is true that it is the shit to settle but once it is put on it is happiness!

I did not understand everything for depression in the bubbler. If you bring a vacuum hose from your bubbler you will suck your water instead of bubbling it and your bubbler will crash right? Can you explain to me please? and without the heat of the exhausts it vaporizes less quickly and / or less well.

I am really motivated by mounting on the combi. The beast eats 13 L per 100 km !!!! : Shock: : Shock: : Shock: and I will try a simple assembly, the same as Adrien on his combi.
I keep all the original fuel and use the exhaust gases from the 4 cylinders in a reactor in the direction of a pressure cooker. I will re-inject the steam created as close as possible to the cylinder heads (and not the carburetor) which will limit the loss and optimize performance.
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 05/04/07, 23:18

Hello
It's not won but I wish you good luck (and I know what I'm talking about : Lol: )
Well here is the diagram of my idea

0 x
the joint
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by the joint » 06/04/07, 14:16

Hi Pitmix, I understand your principle of depression now it's true that it seems quite plausible.
But why favor a bubbling thanks to the air when the exhaust gases are available? In addition, the vaporization must be much faster with hot gases than with ambient air? So the pollution at the exhaust outlet should not be reduced at all? since they no longer pass through the water and are therefore not reused.

Here is my shema to equip the 4 flat, I tried to keep it simple

https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... ombi79.bmp
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 08/04/07, 09:40

Hello
Regarding the 100% Pa scheme, tone it is a montage that I was advised to do at the time but I never realized it. I think today that it would have been very beneficial for my learning. And I still think today to realize this montage one day.
Regarding your idea of ​​doping on the 4 cylinders, no need to make two arrivals of steam on the engine.
Just connect your reactor outlet just below the carburetor.
You will feed the Four cylinders fairly.
For the idea of ​​the pressure cooker it is not stupid but look at what Camel1 did on the Mercedes with the GVI it is very efficient and above all more compact and without inertia.
Watch the little video of my future exhaust on the R5 you will see how it works.

video test at the workshop

0 x
the joint
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by the joint » 08/04/07, 13:19

So say it seems to work pretty well your system! But you propel hot air with your heat gun, during the final assembly on a car how will you inject hot air?

For the flat 4, I thought of injecting the steam as close as possible to the cylinder heads so as to minimize losses. I do not know if you know a little flat 4 or any engine in central carburetor, summer in full cagnar when the engine is warm it is always a pain to restart because the intake pipe is hot and gasoline evaporates before reaching the cylinders :x

Getting closer to the cylinder heads can avoid this phenomenon, right? As for the problems of equal distribution to each cylinder I do not think that it is a problem. Each pair of two cylinders has an equal steam supply (diameter of the equal tubes and distance from the equal reactor) then each intake valve opens and draws in the quantity of steam desired and so on for each cylinder. According to you or where will my distribution problem be?

I just looked at what Didier and Michel did on the mercos and the 205 with the GV, it's very interesting it seems to work much better than the bubbler especially when cold in fact when the bubbler does not produce steam. But the assembly is more complicated than the bubbler especially on the flat 4 or there are 4 manifold tubes long enough to reach the silencer. Either we install the GV in the silencer but we are far from the exhaust light and therefore from the heat. Either it is placed in a collector but suddenly we only use the heat of a cylinder.
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 08/04/07, 23:01

the join wrote:So say it seems to work pretty well your system! But you propel hot air with your heat gun, during the final assembly on a car how will you inject hot air?

Well on the video, the heat gun does nothing but simulate the exhaust gases.
I just did the full-scale test it works very well.
The exhaust gas heats up much harder and faster than my heat gun, so it works even better.
For distribution problems I tell you this because on my R5 I connected the reactor outlet in the middle of the manifold and I think it simplifies things to do only one outlet rather than two.
0 x