what makes an element a cataliser

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
Denys
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

what makes an element a cataliser

by Denys » 07/03/07, 19:48

I have a quick question for our chemist friend. I was wondering what makes an element like platinum a catalyzer : Idea: .
the christalin network?
And also that they are if they exist the other elements which are it for the electrolise.
0 x
Capt_Maloche

by Capt_Maloche » 08/03/07, 11:03

0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
ThierrySan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by ThierrySan » 08/03/07, 11:03

As you don't have a lot of answers, I dedicate myself to add a little link ... : Wink: , not being a pro of catalysis, hehe!

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalyseur

Maybe that will allow us to start a discussion on this subject which I find, for my part, very interesting ...
0 x
bolt
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by bolt » 08/03/07, 14:24

Hello

By causing the pantone reactor, the rod would serve as a catalyst support (allowing the effective catalyst to hang)

If I understood correctly, it is in the sense of this link:
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catalyseur_h%C3%A9t%C3%A9rog%C3%A8ne

The rod (soft iron, stub, stainless steel 304, stainless steel 310, stainless steel 316, inconel, etc.) would be necessary, so that during the "Lapping", the real catalyst material can be deposited there (sort of brown insulating deposit, resembling a varnish)

The material of the rod would only have the faculty (taking the best :?: material) to shorten the running-in time, or to start it earlier (need less heat, vapor speed, etc ... for the same effect)

but any material could be suitable if the conditions of T °, ​​vacuum, speed,% of vapor are ideal

conversely, the best material gives no guarantee of proper functioning of the reactor (if we do anything with the other conditions)

The rod would actually be a catalyst for catalyst (brown product, kind of insulating varnish)

(the magnetic effect of the rod may be useful too, but it is to be confirmed)

But again, the presence of this insulating varnish does not guarantee the assured operation of the reactor:
you always need the right conditions

The arrival of this insulating varnish is very rapid when:

1) there is a strong restriction of passage in the section of exhaust gases around the reactor = greater capacity for the exhaust to yield its calories to the tube (15/21) of the reactor

2) there is a very high T ° of these exhaust gases (heavy load and even more with heavy load and slight lack of intake air)

3) there is logically, seen in 1) and 2), not too much vacuum through the reactor, to the point of not letting it rise in T ° due to too high vapor velocity in the airbase

Although when the "catalyst" is correct (after break-in) less favorable operating conditions are acceptable.

bolt
0 x

Go back to "Water injection in heat engines: information and explanations"