Pantone engine: scientific explanation translated !!

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
nialabert
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by nialabert » 18/11/07, 12:08

Andre wrote:Hello

This is not an explanation, but rather a question for those who have test fixtures.
As every time the temperature drops it is always the same observation, the results of the summer follow the thermometer down.
Has anyone managed to have the same values ​​as in summer? or at least close, because in my case it is degraded and by a lot, enough that I overcome the injectors or something else?
I tried to reset the summer conditions to the engine
diesel temperature and air intake as in summer it made the engine quieter, but the warm-up is long for use small travels I arrive with the figures of the manufacturer.
(This is not the time to lend my car to a journalist)

I think this is something that one has to work on to have an improvement. I still cannot understand why there is so much difference between summer and winter, there must be other factors, than just the engine, I wonder if a generator that operates in summer and in winter, if there is such a difference?

Andre

Normally an engine should work better in cold weather. This is according to the 2nd law of termodynamics.
Now, maybe the pantone can't go up in temperature?
Is the humidity in the area too low, too high?
0 x
Researchers who seek are found, but researchers found it seeks.
Flytox

by Flytox » 18/11/07, 21:39

Hello André

Andre wrote:Hello
As every time the temperature drops it is always the same observation, the results of the summer follow the thermometer down.
I think this is something that one has to work on to have an improvement. I still cannot understand why there is so much difference between summer and winter, there must be other factors, than just the engine, I wonder if a generator that operates in summer and in winter, if there is such a difference?

One explanation among others ... : Mrgreen:
The variation in air density with temperature influences the power absorbed and therefore the consumption of vehicles. With the "cyclist" page below, we arrive at about 13% difference in power absorbed for 40 ° of temperature variation. (The software does not accept non-cyclist data (incorrect weight of the bike and too high speed etc ... but in principle I think that is correct)

http://sportech.online.fr/sptc_idx.php? ... r_esy.html

The link does not work, I copied that from another site:

The power to provide to overcome air resistance.
We will call him Wa
It is equal to: Wa = 0.5 * mva * SCx * (V) 3

-with mva: Density of air = 1.2 (varies depending on altitude and temperature, see table below)
-with SCx: Air penetration coefficient = 0.4 (depends on the position and the size of the cyclist, see table below)
-with V: Cyclist speed in meters per second

Different coefficients of penetration into the air SCx:

- Hands on a hanger, arms slightly bent, bust straight -------------------------------> SCx = 0.43

- Hands in casseroles, arms bent, bust leaning forward -----------------------> SCx = 0.40

- Hands in casseroles, arms bent, bust very bent ----------------------------------> SCx = 0.39

- Hands in the hollow of the hanger, arms very bent, bust almost horizontal -> SCx = 0.36

On this graph we can see that:
- the density of the air decreases when the atmospheric pressure decreases.
- the density of the air decreases when the temperature increases.

A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
the alcoolo1
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by the alcoolo1 » 12/06/08, 14:27

I am quite disappointed with the publication. Those who spawned it thought of an electrification model without obtaining experimental results behind it. In addition, the presentation of the phenomena is succinct and I ask myself a few questions. For example, can we link photon emissions to the vibronic theory (vibration plus electronic transition = exaltation of the observed light intensity see exalted Raman effect), which is what makes us think that the resonance is due to the radius of bules and not only to the electronic transition (we saw a resignation spectrum). concretely this publication is windy the study was barely started and they did not have time to go further. I expect the most concrete from a theoretical point of view. : Evil:

dsl I do not want to seem to take things high because I do not consider myself excellent far from the.
0 x
"The object of research is no longer the nature in itself, but the nature given to human interrogation, is to this extent the man meets here only himself." Werner Heisenberg
Capt_Maloche

Re: understanding of the phenomenon

by Capt_Maloche » 12/06/08, 14:34

Personally, I always thought that the Pantone was nothing more or less than a GV (steam generator / exchanger) whose energy required for the vaporization of water was taken from the exhaust (which is enough) improve yield beyond the Carnot cycle)

It actually looks like an improved EGR valve, the fact of evaporating the fuel allowing combustion without unburnt, since in gaseous form, the recycling of gases being anyway beneficial, as we have seen recently.

Reminder: the combustion of 1 kg of fuel produces around 1 kg of water

YEAH, I know, Christophe is going to moan, it's true that I never read his entire thesis,

Besides, on this subject Toff, could you summarize in 2 words the amazing data of which you were certain?
0 x
"Consumption is similar to a search consolation, a way to fill a growing existential void. With, the key, a lot of frustration and a little guilt, increasing the environmental awareness." (Gérard Mermet)
OUCH, OUILLE, OUCH, AAHH! ^ _ ^
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/06/08, 15:00

alcoolo1 wrote:dsl I do not want to seem to take things high because I do not consider myself excellent far from the.

Your questions are probably relevant (sorry I don't understand them :D) but what do they bring in practice for the experimenters?

Maloche I take care of the correction of the links.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 12/06/08, 23:15

0 x