Water injection competing in 80 years

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Re: Water injection competing in the 80 years

by sicetaitsimple » 17/03/18, 17:58

We were talking about turbojets, not reciprocating internal combustion engines. From a process point of view (I do not speak of technology), a reactor is much simpler because all functions (admission, compression, combustion, expansion, exhaust) are made in a dedicated section of the machine, continuously. In an alternative engine it is the opposite, everything is done in the same place and successively.

The article cited speaks of engines, not reactors. So do not generalize.
0 x
gildas
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by gildas » 17/03/18, 18:35

Different water injection can be adapted to a reactor ...
0 x
sicetaitsimple
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by sicetaitsimple » 17/03/18, 19:14

Yes, but only as stated above to increase take-off thrust.
0 x
Celine01
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Celine01 » 03/02/19, 21:31

Bolt wrote:
Econology wrote:.... 3 distinct essential roles:

- Increase the admission rate, ie the mass of mixture, by cooling the mixture or intake air by evaporation of this water. Thus this increased the specific power of the engine.

it deserves reflection, even if the result was there
that would mean that the part of water injected, gaining volume after having evaporated, even if it is a small quantity (at 1 atm the volume taken by water is multiplied by 1700 approx, here at 2,8 atm, it would be 607)
would be less important than the contraction of intake air that would go from 60 ° C to 12 ° C (14,4% less volume)
Who is stalled in mass heat?

Or the vaporization starts by making small droplets that are only partially evaporated in the intake pipe, and end up cooling the air during compression, vaporizing completely, but here we are already, I think in the second point

Econology wrote:- increase the detonation resistance of the mixture (ie increase the octane number of the mixture). In this sense, this joins the MW50 - Methanol Water - injection on 2e WWII fighter planes (click here for more information).

here is for chemists

Econology wrote:- cool the internal components (including: liner, valve, seat, piston ...) of the engine during strong solicitations. [/ i]

Here is the most understandable

bolt

Yeah, I totally agree with you :)
0 x