plasma-assisted combustion

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 16/03/06, 16:48

Hello
Many things to answer
For feeding ahead of the carburetor this is valid for a generator motor, water pump, boat engine running at least at 3 / 4 and more all the time.
The butterfly wide open depression in front and back is substantially equal (slightly higher in tubing)
The depression in a carburettor (apart from the idle) is obtained only thanks to the venturi thus dependent on the speed of passage of the air at the neck of the venturi.
Ideally one should make a venturi in front of the carburettor and put sucking panton gas at this place.
But for engines that run for most of the time at low power normal urban use is exploited depression (mechanical tubing) with a simple pipe that enters the tubing. Now to overcome the lack of sucking pappillon open it is enough to do a kind of venturi or cleverly place duct in a place of the tubulure that it sucks in a dynamic way (a kind of rudimentary venturi) it is for this reason that in slow motion it is necessary to put a reduction to compensate for too much depression at low speed. In the end we have a suction that is pretty much equal to all diets.

The amount of water to be swallowed by the engine is not proportional to the air that is swallowed in the engine, but proportional to the fuel burned
for a gasoline engine this proportion air fuel is well controlled but not for diesel it is quite otherwise.
The amount of water that the engine absorbs is not a guarantee of performance, we must organize to make him eat as little as possible and nothing prevents us from passing less than what is necessary to have the performance maximum, at low speeds, I organize myself to have the best performance at 100kmh
I have too much water and I can not get enough.
But the yield does not crash brutally if we exceed the amount of water (consume 0,5 liter 100km or 0,250 liters 100kmil there is not a large differrence on consumption gain)
So useless to fight with a specific ratio on the steam that the engine downstream rather focus on the kind of steam that the engine downstream, finesse air / steam temperature (and again I already had good results at 100c as a 150c)

With regard to using a calibrated outlet duct, whenever the diameter is reduced in the pressure drop situation, but if the duct is reduced, the speed in the duct increases,
At the extreme one could put a reservoir at the exit of the panton
the speed of the gases would become very slow, it is of interest that it circulates quickly in this conduit as well as to enter the cylinders as quickly as possible without going too far in a long intake manifold.
When the conduit (less than the square surface between rod and reactor) is considerably reduced, this results in an increase in temperature in this pipe 220C (even a large internal oxyadation in a copper tube I had to open it with a steel wire)
Obviously if we had a little more feedback from the montages that work it would avoid us to run in all kinds of directions, what we notice is that once a guy has succeeded in improving his editing it becomes very discreet

What I learned so much as you talk about 28%
At 30% you have not questioned everything you are in the normal category.
We are far from teamwork
Example on all assemblies gasoline (When man) how much it specifies only where it enters the engine, (before the butterfly or after? What is the size and length of the conduits before the reactor what the level in the bubbler, what is the consomation d water?
For the 1mm rod tube game what is 1 mm each edge or a total 1mm between rod and reactor, ie 0,5mm. It is for this reason that the term air gap is more accurate (professional deformation on electric motors)
we do not ask for a laboratory measurement but 1 liter or 0,5 liters.
For 15% 40% yield of what? compare what always or occasion? on what use big mixed road ect ..
The figures I gave is always a long distance to 100kmh highway, urban use is very variable.
Let's say that Internet users who are doing research on internets I speak of those of forum they do a good job, I got good links that I would have trouble looking for and I thank them.
For the Panton editors who have done editing that (walking) apart from a few who give comments I think it seems meager for those who build that for the reader of the forum, a new who arrives on the site would be inclined to think that the opinion of the big builders on the panton is founded ..
Or are those who ride with a panton for several years?
I would be one of the most surprised to know that a panton editor would not make any changes to his editing, in principle the guy who embarks on this experience he has the profile of never satisfied and he always looks better.

Andre
0 x
bob_isat

by bob_isat » 16/03/06, 17:50

I agree with you, for the lack of return on montages that work ...

As for the electrisation by flow, here is a very good free document:

http://www.inrs.fr/INRS-PUB/inrs01.nsf/ ... /ed874.pdf

read in particular page15-16 and 20 pages at 26

An interesting element for us 20 page:

"Depending on the nature of the constituent materials the pipes, those of flowing liquids and the flows themselves, (slow or fast), and the degree of insulation of the pipe, the electric charge collected will be more or less important

this is highlighted by this scheme:

That is to say that to send a max of loads in the engine (to improve the quality of the plasma), it would be necessary to isolate electrically the reactor as much as possible ...

that too, it could explain why some montages work better than others without one knowing why ...
0 x
Other

by Other » 17/03/06, 02:54

Hello

Isolating the reactor poses a serious problem this construction for the small handymen that we are
on the one hand the reactor body is welded to the exhaust pipe. so completely isolate this portion of conduit with something that resists heat (be on the results I would invest myself, but I try the ionization with candles on the entrance of the reactor and I do not have notice a surge of power, just parasites in the radio, although I did not try to ionize at the exit of the reactor. (coming soon)
I walk with an insulated reactor outlet duct with two plastic rings (I have to change them often enough) but it does not cost expensive, I did not notice what is significant
except very occasionally to receive a small discharge of static one touching this conduit, without the electric isotoin ever.
a discharge not stronger than that when entering a key in a lock, so no matter what to do a big investigation this phenomenon occurs when you flate a cat!

Now how to maintain an electrostatic charge once made in the intake manifold and in the aluminum cylinder head and steel cylinder all connect to the mass.
I do not exclude the electric charge of what comes out of the reactor, but I can not assimilate or rather visualize this mass of electrifying matter that enters the metal motor, and that role plays it in the cycle engine.
What I'm looking for is what type of steam has the best performance, I'm far from convinced that the humid air that is introduced into the reactor must be saturated or close to saturation, the more I advance more I realize that the bubbler does not automatically produce what is needed in the reactor, I would be inclined to send in the reactor air well below the saturation point and never even air saturated, so throughout the steam routing for x reasons temperature, pressure flow rate, we must not have saturated air.
but moist air.

Now if you want to generate an electric charge
I think that this must happen after the reactor, it is enough to pass the steam in cooled narrow nozzles to make a partial condensation and let relax in an insulating conduit.

Regarding a pure nickel rod I am also skeptical about the importance of the material (as I live in a nickel producing country I will not have difficulty in having a pure nickel rod 99,5% nikel 200 sold by 2 meters at Drummond Mac Call)
25c coins are nickel a stack would make a beautiful rod!
I believe that the airfoil and the design of the stem as well as the flow around the stem is more important than the material used.

Andre
0 x
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 17/03/06, 10:22

a pile of coins, I had not thought of that! 8)

Obviously if we had a little more feedback from the montages that work it would avoid us to run in all kinds of directions, what we notice is that once a guy has succeeded in improving his editing it becomes very discreet

I will evolve my proto seriously in the coming months and I will swing everything on the forum if my results improve, at least you can all benefit.
I'm not looking for the buseness with the pantone, everyone must take advantage of everyone's improvements ... I'm not like some of this forum who pump a max give advice and who show nothing.

To return to the electric charge, the cooling must be done by relaxation then otherwise I do not see how, but then why isolate? ... to avoid condensation?
0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!
bob_isat

by bob_isat » 17/03/06, 15:17

As far as isolating the reactor to improve the steam charge is concerned, I quote: On the 71 page of the Electyrostatic Risks document, we read:

"It is obvious that, if the grounding makes it possible to neutralize the loads of friction in the filling lines, it does not make it possible to remove the aforementioned risks, in particular those which result from the accumulation of electric charges by the liquid"

That is to say that isolating the reactor must not change much the amount of charges transmitted to the steam.

Andre wrote:Now how to maintain an electrostatic charge once made in the intake manifold and in the aluminum cylinder head and steel cylinder all connect to the mass.
I do not exclude the electric charge of what comes out of the reactor, but I can not assimilate or rather visualize this mass of electrifying matter that enters the metal motor, and that role plays it in the cycle engine.

And yet, people are working on it:

http://hal.ccsd.cnrs.fr/ccsd-00017705

Andre wrote:
I would be inclined to send air into the reactor well below the saturation point and never even saturated air, so throughout the course of the steam for x reasons temperature, pressure flow velocity, we do not must not have saturated air.
but moist air.

Totally agree with you, for me the explanation comes from the conductivity

The more conductive steam is, the less charges can accumulate.
We must therefore find a compromise between enough water to have drops that rub on the pipe and that load, but not too much because if the steam is too conductive, the electrical charges "bar".

Andre wrote:
Now if you want to generate an electric charge
I think that this must happen after the reactor, it is enough to pass the steam in cooled narrow nozzles to make a partial condensation and let relax in an insulating conduit.

Why cool the nozzles and let relax?
0 x
Other

by Other » 17/03/06, 15:30

Hello Lau

I forget to specify electrically isolate! this can lead to confusion with thermally isolated.
at least for the return it would be interesting to know the consumption of water at 100km
That would tell us a little more about the theory, that the water turns into hydrogen! because if with 100ccl of water has the same yield as with 1,5 liters this hypothesis does not hold the road ...
We know that a gasoline engine the maximum ratio or it does not light is between 1 / 8 and 1 / 28
It must be the same with the consumption of water there must be more functional values ​​(I do not speak of steam booster, but to help the engine cycle) and I am surprised that few users speak. I made attempts in earlier posts the (ideal ratio) but we must believe that everyone aligns with the 22 plus eat more is better!)
as the saying goes too much is not enough.

Hello Bob
it is the same principle as the experiences of the other century
passing steam in a cooled nozzle or with wet tow the trigger with the fine drops make a significant electrical charge.
moreover an air outlet of a duct does the same thing,

Andre
0 x
bob_isat

by bob_isat » 20/03/06, 13:37

OK

I notice that the electrification by flow is the similarity between the process of chamber and that of Pantone: one rubs the mixture on a metal surface, the goal being to obtain active species (charged electrically) which will degrade the hydrocarbon and improve its combustion.

As for the utility of high temperature, it seems to be the "self dissociation" of water in H + and HO3-.

I'm on the breche and you talk about it again
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 20/03/06, 15:56

bob_isat wrote:As for the utility of high temperature, it seems to be the "self dissociation" of water in H + and HO3-.

I'm on the breche and you talk about it again

What is the HO3-?
I knew HO- and H3O + but not HO 3- (I guess 3- = 3 electrons?)

Would you have the conditions of this cracking (T °, cat ...)?
0 x
bob_isat

by bob_isat » 20/03/06, 16:44

shell of my part:

it is H3O + and OH- the self dissociation: (autoprotolysis of water in the language of Bigard)

http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constante_de_dissociation
0 x