Significant water dissociation from 750 ° C !!!

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
bolt
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by bolt » 22/02/06, 23:32

good evening San17

very interesting as reading
I do not know if he is making books at the moment with the explanations of the novelties

for my part, I like to know in detail, what I sit on when I drive

there are certain things when you see what's inside, then you don't do anything stupid for fear of breaking, especially when it has already broken (sometimes without reason) (if too weak)

on the other hand, what I would like to find is the exploded view and the explanations of operation of the Lucas brand rotary distributor injection pump, mounted on John Deere tractors, 6500 series
there is a starting problem and I would like to understand everything about the pump:
at the advance level
delay in starting
automatic starting overload (if there is one like on Roto Diésel tupe DPC pumps)

Anyway, really in detail

bolt
0 x
sam17
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by sam17 » 23/02/06, 08:33

I posted on the net the chapter concerning the rotary distributor injection pumps.
It is not a lucas pump, but it may be able to enlighten you a little :)

I do not put them directly on the formum because it will start to do a lot.

http://etudiant.epita.fr/~legros_s/etud ... 20diesel3/
0 x
--
Patience is a tree whose root is bitter, and whose fruits are very sweet.
bolt
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by bolt » 23/02/06, 23:57

good evening sam17

please
this is doc well explained, but in my case, it does not solve anything, since it is the details of the Lucas pump that I miss

bolt
0 x
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 05/05/06, 00:55

good evening, interesting this doc on diesel, in this regard, given the gas turbulance, André, have you tried to change the direction of turbulance with your propeller? I tried the turbulator was not successful! despite a tip top placement of the elice! maybe not the right way? go faloir i try again 8)
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 05/05/06, 23:41

Hello Denis
The direction of rotation of the turbulator has little influence on the performance often on the same engine the arrangement of the intake and exhaust valves alternate, so we lose the advantage of the direction of rotation.
The turbulator is only very little or not efficient on diesel engines with auxiliary chamber, like almost all car engines, it is difficult to maintain turbulence through this narrow orifice, and often the design of the manufacturer favors this turbulence only in this reduced part of the room.
The best results are on a multipoint injection petrol engine, the turbulator is housed behind the butterfly.
In these injection systems, the fuel is corrected according to very specific criteria, mainly the air flow mass and the Lambda probe, so no modification to be made except to put the turbulator. The gain is in highway use, the speed stability is not necessary, but the efficiency increases with the regime, any comparison made.
(If you do not feel an acceleration gain and a slight loss of power at the bottom, your system does not work on this engine)
One of the causes of the non-functioning of the turbulator is the too small angle of the blades, we are always afraid of the restriction, in reality it does not make a big restriction only at maximum driving. I did several before understanding ....

Andre
0 x
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 06/05/06, 00:36

thank you andré, for your experience! my test was on the focus tddi, the turbulator was very well placed ... tanpis! .For my bmw2.8l 528i e28, the intake manifold is very large in capacity, I can put the turbulator as very high upstream, I think it will not be efficient, given the rectangular block of the manifold, it doesn’t there will be more turbulence :frown:
It would take 6 turbulators between cylinder head and manifold but hey !! it becomes hard considering the results not guaranteed
0 x

Go back to "Water injection in heat engines: information and explanations"