Crackage of water by thermolysis?

Water injection in thermal engines and the famous "pantone engine". General informations. Press clippings and videos. Understanding and scientific explanations on the injection of water into engines: ideas for assemblies, studies, physico-chemical analyzes.
nlc
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

Crackage of water by thermolysis?

by nlc » 23/11/05, 17:45

By falling on the page http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eau I see that it is indicated that thermolysis becomes significant around 750 ° c.

In a well-made pantone assembly, on a petrol engine, we are likely to reach this temperature right?
If yes, that would mean that at the outlet of the reactor, we could really have a little hydrogen!

In addition, we know that with a lower pressure, the water boils at a lower temperature. Could it not be the same for the thermolysis temperature, since the reactor is under vacuum?

Cyril
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 23/11/05, 18:53

Exactly!!

These hypotheses are entirely valid and I think that we could still lower this value with catalysts (stainless steel, chrome ...) on the other hand the experience of lavoisier is not valid in our case (far too much consumption of Iron compared energy from water ...). There is a post on the subject on the forum :

https://www.econologie.com/forums/fonctionne ... t1069.html

For the pressure you are also right, I had curves under the eyes concerning the cracking of hydrogen. But you really have to go down in pressure (from 1/100 to 1/1000 atm) for the cracked / uncracked proportion to be really increased ...
is quite far with the suction of a motor (1/10 atm).

What surprises me is that cracking during the refining of oil is always (to my knowledge) done under pressure (a few dozen atmospheres) ... Is it to better control the process? I think so (if not too fast cracking and molecules can be too small so gaseous ...)
Last edited by Christophe the 05 / 11 / 07, 18: 31, 1 edited once.
0 x
christ59000
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by christ59000 » 23/11/05, 20:55

but we do not necessarily need a pump to have a vacuum, with a T venturi we can have a very suitable vacuum by passing water inside, to meditate c interesting
0 x