Mounting doping at Water Ford Fiesta Diesel 1.8

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
Cyril56
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Mounting doping at Water Ford Fiesta Diesel 1.8

by Cyril56 » 16/05/10, 21:14

Hello everybody

Voila, after many years of following the pantone engine on the internet, I decided to "pantomize" my old Ford Fiesta. My Ford of 1992, 1.8D with its 380 km seemed to me the ideal candidate. After hesitating between the SPAD system that I found easy to build, I finally installed the G + steam generator system.
Today after having traveled at least 1000 km, unfortunately, there is no result to see worse, a slight increase in consumption. Deplus, I think the engine because of all the pipes that I put inside the muffler barely evacuate the gas.

Original exhaust with the modified pot beside

Stainless steel tube (16 inner diameter) with stainless steel rod (13 diameter, lg: 100)

Finished installation, with constant level tank, valve for dosing the water / air vapor mixture, at the reactor outlet, 14 / 12 pipe departure to the exhaust manifold.

After testing the system, everything is tight, and the engine sucks the mixture well through the two reactors in parallel.

The system consumes a lot of water: 1,5 l / 100 km

Does anyone have any idea why the system is not working?

Currently, I plan to replace the steam generator with which, I can not control the flow of steam by a moped carburetor.

Thank you for your help,

Cyril
0 x
Flytox

Re: Doping mounting on Ford Fiesta 1.8 Diesel

by Flytox » 16/05/10, 23:21

Hello Cyril56
Welcome to the club.
Cyril56 wrote:Today after having traveled at least 1000 km, unfortunately, there is no result to see worse, a slight increase in consumption. Deplus, I think the engine because of all the pipes that I put inside the muffler barely evacuate the gas.

This exhaust receives the gases of 2 or 4 cylinders?
This assembly seems to have a relatively small passage diameter (how much?) And it may indeed be a little too "clogged".

For the assembly 2 rods of 100 mm instead of one of 200 mm, I'm not sure that it works the same, from the point of view of pressure drop (there are more) and "work" of the steam (better or less well ???), but the essay is interesting. 8)

The system consumes a lot of water: 1,5 l / 100 km

Not sure that a constant level is a good system (never managed to make it work). But you can always try to reduce this flow with any choke to return to more average water consumption (0.4 to 1.1 liter / 100 Km?)

You have a solution to not redo everything if the exhaust is too clogged. Just upstream of the reactors, you connect a bypass pipe that joins the downstream of the reactor. The pressure loss will be decreased .... remains to see if there is room under the hood : Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Cyril56
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: Doping mounting on Ford Fiesta 1.8 Diese

by Cyril56 » 17/05/10, 12:34

Hello Flytox,

Thank you for your answer,

This exhaust receives the gases of 2 or 4 cylinders?

This exhaust receives the 4 exhausts.

This assembly seems to have a relatively small passage diameter (how much?) And it may indeed be a little too "clogged".

The diameter of the two pipes in parallel is 40 and the tubes of the reactors are of outside diameter 16.

Given the shape of the muffler, I had to make two tubes in parallel to be closer to the collector.

Is there a way to know if it works or not, I heard about running in ???
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 17/05/10, 21:27

Hello

Currently, I plan to replace the steam generator with which, I can not control the flow of steam by a moped carburetor.

I deceive you the carburetor of mobilette or even lawnmower Lanwboy while plastic, with the water it is always clogged
the carburetor that works is a homely all-brass without a constant level tank just a tank with sufficient height.
although the carburettor has its inconveniences it requires a certain depression, to work which requires a significant restriction venturi admission.
the simplest, the least maintenance, it is a small bubbler, if you have a place not too far from the reactor and a system of reheating effective water.
For the tests at the beginning it takes a 1000km before measuring the consumption. Moreover if you do the tests by grouping several small routes and modifying parameters, not very significant
the consumption of water is not a main criterion of the yield, remains around 1 liter 100km, the important thing is not drowning the rod, verifies the reactor output temperature.
For the restriction in the exhaust you do not have to be less than the passage of the gases to the exhaust valve, I do not think that this is the cause, the restriction admission or escape becomes significant when one demands the full power, has 100kmh that is hardly notice.
Not sure that two reactors is a good solution on a motor used at 60% of its power and more often less
In reality you do not generate more heat than the burned fuel burns a 6litre of diesel with a 3 engine of cubic liters, or with a 1,6 engine liters that generates approximately the same heat to the reactor.

Andre
0 x
Cyril56
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Cyril56 » 18/05/10, 09:19

Hello André,

Thanks for your advice,,

You're right, I'll wait before replacing my steam generator with a carburetor. I will try to play on the flow of water by doing anything as you suggested.

For the history of the passage of gas valves, it's very interesting, I'll check that too, to see if I really clogged my pot

verifies the reactor outlet temperature.

What should be the output T ° and how can I measure it?

Thanks again,
0 x
Cyril56
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Cyril56 » 18/05/10, 09:22

Hello André,

Thanks for your advice,,

You're right, I'll wait before replacing my steam generator with a carburetor. I will try to play on the flow of water by doing anything as you suggested.

For the history of the passage of gas valves, it's very interesting, I'll check that too, to see if I really clogged my pot

André wrote:verifies the reactor outlet temperature.

What should be the output T ° and how can I measure it?

Thanks again,
0 x
Other

by Other » 18/05/10, 15:59

Hello

the SGS, I do not have a great experience, but if I look at the picture, the reactor inlet valve seems rustic to make a good fit.

Normally you have the GV that just produces steam and when there is water in it it does not exceed 100c
at the entrance of the reactor you must return air with steam from the GV you need a way to control these two flows
If you draw more air it will be less steam, and vice versa if you restrict the air
for simplicity you try with sprinklers (piece of small copper tubes that you insert in the duct for air)
preferable to let more air than steam after tests you will quickly find the ratio which does not require a great precision.
A new reactor or clean with acid requires some break-in. for that I use at the beginning a water which contains minerals, calcareous, ferruginous, to impregnate the stem, then any water.
the reactor outlet temperature is very different depending on the montages I read on the forum, many walk around 90c.
In my case it varies from 90 to 180c depending on the amount of water injected, I try to maintain that between 110C and 130c, although even controlled there is a variation that I can not explain.

The thermometer is a small digital that is found in the meat cooking equipment BQ, it has a RTD probe that I place inside the conduit output reactor, just before arriving in the admission.

My first thermometer
This is the model IKÉA (I put another similar model that goes higher than the one is limited to 130c) you can extend the queue.
0 x
Jean Valjean
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by Jean Valjean » 20/05/10, 22:36

hello Cyril56 and all the Pantonians, I saw on forum it must be turned on 30 minutes on the north side for the first time.
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 20/05/10, 22:46

If you make a Pantone that works, it will work whatever direction you gave it at startup or after. This story of magnetism at startup is something that is more legend than facts. : Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132