Pinzgauer 6x6 Essence reflection for Gillier Pantone

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
Hedge
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Pinzgauer 6x6 Essence reflection for Gillier Pantone

by Hedge » 20/02/10, 01:15

Hello,

Encouraged by Yael's post, after a long period of reading of these generous forums, I decided, although totally new to mechanics, to prepare the Pantone assembly of my Pinzgauer, driven by the desire to experiment, to learn and to clean up my exhaust gases ...
You will understand by learning more about the engine in question and I must pass the pollution control soon, in a few months ... : Shock:

The choice of this machine is obviously anti-green a priori, but I stop you right now, it is not intended to ride every day or to go crazy in the mud of the beautiful forest next to home me !
I am a photographer and he must take me with my kilos of stuff (my back can not stand it anymore) where bitumen, water or other modern conveniences are lacking and you can sleep and come back ;-D and j hope to be able to do it the most ecologically or the least polluting possible ... and also economically ..

** What is the pinzgauer?

That's it : http://www.pinzgauer.fr/les_modeles.htm
Wholesale mechanics: http://www.pinzgauer.fr/mecanique1.htm

An 1975 engine, 4 cyl air-cooled twin carburetors inverted double Zenith body

The engine maintenance doc with the technical drawings and the assembly / disassembly instructions:
https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... L2lG4t.pdf
(The carb section begins on page 99)

A conso announced between 15 and 20l / 100, not having much rolled with (you imagine the budget?) I do not know it with more precision (imprecise gauge and more).

** My objective :
Clean up and save, if possible.

** Settings :
I do not know anything and after reading all that I read and I feel that I will learn a lot of things even if I do not feel size! : Cheesy:

*** First tracks:
Having no knowledge of welding or other I thought it was better that I turn to a kit, encouraged by messages from the forum.
fixtures-injection water /

So I contacted Ecopra and Hypnow.
No answer from the first (which on their website does not announce any petrol kit that may be the reason).
I continue a dotted dialogue with Hypnow, less expensive and with a gasoline kit, advises against the GVI vicitme of the "syndrome of the coffee maker" according to them (it builds up ...).
They advise me, on my engine to plug under the butterflies
"On your engine, you have to inject the gas under each carburetor, you have to connect under the throttle flaps, and not on the air filter or above the carbs."
They also tell me that below 30% load you rarely save money, and that it is better to start by adjusting the flow rate of the "recovery pump" of this type of carbs.
They ask me for pictures of my carbs, I will send them.

Here you are ...
I am a taker if someone to a kit that he does not use or if someone wants to realize me the stainless steel reactor!
And I am of course taker your advice, your ideas to apprehend all this, or your comments on the approach!
Or if you think that it is illusory to make any economy ... at least depollute?

And as Yael I apologize in advance if despite my long hours of reading I ended up mixing everything and I ask questions already largely solved or completely idiotic ... me photographer!
:D
Sincerely to all!
Hedge
0 x
oiseautempete
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by oiseautempete » 20/02/10, 06:39

If I believe my reading, the pantone has never worked well on a gasoline engine (except it seems some big V8 US), the only positive reproducible results it was diesel (water doping)
0 x
Remundo

by Remundo » 20/02/10, 08:51

Hi Hedge,

your projects are nice, and your site too!

With 6X6 traction, it is better not to do too much km on the highway :D

Good continuation 8)
0 x
Hedge
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Hedge » 20/02/10, 09:45

Remundo wrote:your projects are nice, and your site too!

Thank you so much!

Yeah the highway ... : Lol:
0 x
copra
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

request for 6x6

by copra » 20/02/10, 18:43

I allow myself to intervene but no memory of demand on this type of gear

this said on 4l renault connection of the spoon on air box

now if hedge want to resume contact

team ecopra
0 x
economiecologiequitable
Hedge
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Hedge » 08/03/10, 18:07

After a more thorough study of the engine and the air intake, one interesting thing appears: the air follows 2 channels to arrive at the admission in the carbs.

- The first channel: the air passes from the "external" air filter (it is located outside the cabin, at the front of the vehicle like a small snorkel) to the second air filter near the engine (I would therefore call it "engine" air filter)

- The second path: the air passes through the turbine for cooling the engine, then in the heating box (AIR / AIR exchanger) it heats up thanks to the heat of the exhaust gases and joins the "engine air filter" "(the second) by a connection mixing it with the fresh air of the first channel.

We can see on the left the second "engine" air filter connected to the carburetor cap, and in the foreground the connection with the large tube bringing in fresh air from the "outside" filter and the small pipe bringing in the air heated by the exhaust gas.

On the other hand I can easily, in principle, broadcast the steam in the admission but, I imagine (I do not remember the other assemblies gasoline), that the steam must be injected after the air filter?

In this case I can pierce the thick rubber fitting that connects the second air filter to the carbs, and keep the steam pipe as hot as possible by making it follow that of the hot air which arrives in the air filter "engine. "

Second important thing is a fitting on the exhaust manifolds before the heating box.
So it would be possible for me to insert the reactor at the nearest of the exhausts without incising or removing the collector but by replacing the connection which by the way does not look well sealed (other owner of Pinz have replaced it by a brazed hose on the heating box)

Seen from below, there is actually 2 collectors, see below.
We can see the connection between the collector and the heating box.

Detail on the connection at the outlet of the exhaust manifolds and before the heating box ...

Wider view the fitting measures approximately 20 cm.
From the beginning of the connection in the middle of the heating box there is about 30 cm

Photos of the carbs:
*** The carbs:

Seen on the other side

Here you are ...
Good good I continue the study ...

Sincerely,
Hedge
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 08/03/10, 21:46

For the connection of the steam pipe, there is the solution to put it right out of the engine air filter. The 4 cylinders should thus be fed also with steam, but the depression is low.

The other solution, downstream of the carbs, it may be more difficult to balance the flows (there are often more or less dissymmetrical pipes for 2 cylinder groups because of congestion problems) but the depression will be much stronger.

André advises to put a nozzle (diameter?) To limit the suction in the steam piping when the butterflies are not open.

The placement of the reactor is always a delicate moment, your reheating air will rather annoy you, but actually, it should put it there as on your diagram.
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Flytox

by Flytox » 08/03/10, 21:52

Your carb is the gougoutte .... not good for conso ....

It may be also the butterfly that is worn and that makes air input along the axis ........ not good for conso either .... : Mrgreen:
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
Hedge
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Hedge » 08/03/10, 22:29

Yes I was worried precisely!

Since it was his first re-start in a few months I wondered if it was not an excess of gasoline because of
multiple startup attempts, I will monitor this!

Thanks for the advice !
How to know which exact cause (butterfly ...?)
0 x
Hedge
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Hedge » 08/03/10, 23:07

Flytox wrote:The other solution, downstream of the carbs, it may be more difficult to balance the flows (there are often more or less dissymmetrical pipes for 2 cylinder groups because of congestion problems) but the depression will be much stronger.

Hypnow have also advised me that, but beneath the carbs bin have to drill the intake pipes in the cylinders and it cooled me a little : Lol: :

Flytox wrote:The placement of the reactor is always a delicate moment, your reheating air will rather annoy you, but actually, it should put it there as on your diagram.

Yeah that's what I feared ....
0 x

Back to "Water injection in the engines: the assembly and experimentation"