Turbo and bubbler

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
F6P
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by F6P » 10/09/05, 09:02

I am here speaking for a farmer friend, whom I tan so that he embarks on experimentation.

question: how does the turbo withstand contact with water vapor when it has to operate in a dry environment (if I'm not mistaken!)?

Do we have any feedback on equipped tractors? in particular I saw a 130-90 equipped by the Mérindol group (spad)? that of my friend is a 160-90 7.5l cyl 10000h which could be used for experimentation.

Waiting to read you

the instit
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 10/09/05, 10:21

The turbo does not seem to be a problem (there is always humidity in the air ... and it is not prohibited to use a turbo in foggy weather)

Here is the presentation of a modified "modern" turbo tractor: https://www.econologie.com/montage-a-inj ... s-847.html

Otherwise search on the forum for more info on diesel modification

Keep us updated
Last edited by Christophe the 13 / 04 / 15, 11: 10, 1 edited once.
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 11/09/05, 05:30

Hello reply to F6P
I am doping al, water on a mercedes turbo diesel and in the extreme tests I make him drink water up to 4 liters per 100km the steam was far from being hot, I did not notice anything on the turbo input wheel.
the only thing I see on the turbo c, is traces of oils, the engine has 33000km and the breather sends him a little more than when the engine was
in his youth.
Anyway I think that sending liquid on an aluminum turbine which rotates at this speed can cause erosion, but what comes out of the reactor and is either in vapor or in very fine mist, so what passes in the turbo it to the consistency of the gas.
As for the heat output from the reactor, it is not very hot, it varies from 100 to 180c for a diesel and it is diluted in a large quantity of cold air that the turbo swallows.
Andre
0 x
nofy
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by nofy » 11/09/05, 21:13

;) Good evening everyone,
Would not it be desirable to plug after the turbo?
Nofy (dream)
0 x
Other

by Other » 11/09/05, 21:49

Hello,
at the low speed in the rear of the turbo there is depression as soon as the turbo embarks there is a good pressure more than 300mm of water column and more according to the models of trubo, (how to suck in the reactor in a way simple without putting a pump (which sucks in the reactor).
Anyway, it’s not a problem to get in front of the turbo,
There are many others like the heat that the turbo eats before arriving at the reactor controls it at different speeds ...
Andre
0 x