How to adapt a mower carburetor CNC for GV?

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
berduLLe
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

How to adapt a mower carburetor CNC for GV?

by berduLLe » 20/09/09, 08:08

Hello everybody

Inscribed on the forum for a while, I have finally started a car assembly. Thanks to all of your work, especially the evolution of pantone into pantone "G" and the principle of GV, the amateur that I am feels growing wings.

Brief presentation of the project: my exhaust pipe separates into two tubes, and I plan to install the reactor and the GV each in theirs, as close as possible to the manifold. The car that mounts on the pipe is an Opel Astra F 1994 1.7D.

My first question is about the constant level tank: I'm going to use a Tecumseh mower carburetor, because I'm having trouble finding a central heating steam trap (in Guadeloupe, it's a bit normal : Cheesy: ). I have trouble understanding what modifications to make so that it works in simple CNC. Can you help me please? photo of the thing attached.

Happy to join you!

Sincerely,
0 x
Flytox

Re: How to adapt a CNC mower carb for GV?

by Flytox » 20/09/09, 22:13

Hello berduLLe
berduLLe wrote:My first question is about the constant level tank: I'm going to use a Tecumseh mower carburetor, because I'm having trouble finding a central heating steam trap (in Guadeloupe, it's a bit normal : Cheesy: ). I have trouble understanding what modifications to make so that it works in simple CNC. Can you help me please? photo of the thing attached.

The carburetors are usually made of Zamac (Zinc alloy). When you put water in it (electrolyte), a battery is created between the Zamac and the brass parts of the needle and other sprinklers. Result, a small electrolysis starts and forms a whitish deposit which floats and deposits everywhere and ends up clogging everything. It doesn't even work a week.

For your operating problem, it is at the level of the venting of the tank, that we must be careful. Depending on your assembly, you may need to connect the vent to a nozzle downstream of the Instant Steam Generator, to balance the pressures. It is the water level which must activate the float and not a back pressure.

Personally I have never succeeded in making this constant level system work properly and I will not recommend it to anyone.
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
berduLLe
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Constant level tank

by berduLLe » 21/09/09, 09:47

Flytox thank you for your answer.

I prefer to take the time to find the right part rather than struggling with a carburetor, if it is unsuitable.
Unless another constant level system is more suitable, I will manage to find a heat trap.

On the principle of operation, we agree that it is the height of placement of the trap that guarantees a constant level in the connected member (communicating vessel, subject to the cancellation of the back pressure by air tapping) ?

Personally I have never succeeded in making this constant level system work properly and I will not recommend it to anyone.

That is to say that you have chosen a bubbler rather than a GVI, or that you have found another way to power the GVI safely?
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 21/09/09, 19:05

berduLLe wrote:That is to say that you have chosen a bubbler rather than a GVI, or that you have found another way to power the GVI safely?

No, I chose the GVI solution but supplied with a wiper pump and a needle valve / flow meter to adjust the desired flow. It is not the simplest nor the most economical but it allows to have the adjustment with the small hair ...

https://www.econologie.com/forums/dopage-a-l ... t3270.html
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
berduLLe
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by berduLLe » 24/09/09, 04:22

Oula, your system is high tech ... I now remember having read you already at the time, but it's flying too high for me.

I will therefore stick to my level (constant;)) of skills and try feeding the GVI roots. Apparently, the Cahors 306 successfully incorporates an air vent as a CNC https://www.econologie.com/mairie-de-cahors-306-dopee-a-l-eau-dossier-technique-complet-telechargement-4128.html and the same for C15.

But well done for this work, it's good that there are various tracks. And thank you for your responsiveness ...
0 x