Reactor on reduced model

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
husky450
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Reactor on reduced model

by husky450 » 02/05/09, 13:08

Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and very new to the pentone system.
I am in a modeling association and my project is to mount a pentone system on a 4 stroke 10cc single cylinder engine powering an airplane.
I understood the system (basically) but I don't understand how the rod is held in the middle of the tube, very down to earth question you will say but I have not found any info on it. Is it welded? Or just slipped inside and are the gases holding it in position?
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 02/05/09, 14:51

: Arrow: I invite you to read more on the subject that you flew over a bit quickly ...
:?

You would also have read that the assembly is primarily intended for engines rotating at the most constant speeds possible ...

The adaptation on rolling vehicles works very well on agricultural machines having small variations in their rotation regimes (between 800 and 2500 rpm).
This becomes much less easy on cars where the speeds vary from 900 to 3500 rpm.
On a model plane, don't even think about it ... (IMHO) :?

The reactor core is either "wedged" by 3 lugs at 120 ° in its tube, or simply held at each end by threaded rods which extend it (ideally).

How do you think to manage the bubbler on an airplane which in general performs aerobatics ... :?:
0 x
Flytox

Re: Reactor on reduced model

by Flytox » 02/05/09, 19:42

Hello husky450
husky450 wrote:I am in a modeling association and my project is to mount a pentone system on a 4 stroke 10cc single cylinder engine powering an airplane.

You are not easy ... : Shock: . You combine great difficulties, the exhaust temperature is very low on this kind of engine. The lack of space and the weight will not help you either .... The bubbler must not like back flight ...

You may have another way, by exploiting the defect of these small engines (a lot of unburned and oil vapor at the exhaust). You could try to make a system close to the EGR valve found on cars. Your exhaust gases contain about 11% water vapor and a lot of unburned oil vapor. You could try to recycle some of these exhaust gases directly in your intake. (between the air filter and the carburetor).

The water vapor of these exhaust gases will give the "Pantome effect" and the oil vapors the fuel (recycled). Be careful, if it works you will pollute much less with a much more complete combustion, lower consumption but perhaps with a loss of power (less oxygen and hotter intake air) ... and carburetion settings can be be more difficult to find ... : Mrgreen:
Good luck and good mechanical micro :P
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
dedeleco
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by dedeleco » 12/07/10, 13:38

A year later, what happened ?????
0 x