Peugeot 106 1,5 XAD pantonisé

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
jeff2410
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Peugeot 106 1,5 XAD pantonisé

by jeff2410 » 15/06/08, 21:50

Hello,
as promised here are photos of my Gilier-pantone fitting with a camel1 style GV.
my reactor rod
the exhaust pipe with the reactor outlet
the water reserve
Reactor inlet with the 1st small steam generator just below
Filter + level tank + 2nd GV
Inlet pipe
all reassembled
here and long live open source !!!
0 x
JEFF2410
Flytox

Re: Peugeot 106 1,5 XAD pantonized

by Flytox » 15/06/08, 22:33

Hello jeff2410

Good achievement! Lots of ideas 8)
Can you give us a diagram of the whole? I did not quite understand how you go from the exhaust manifold to the intake manifold with the 4 coppers that stand out below.

jeff2410 wrote:Image

A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 15/06/08, 23:46

: Arrow: Great your reactor outing!

If you go straight into the intake pipe which is just above, the doped gases do not have time to cool, to condense ...

A photo of this would be TOP, as requested Flytox
0 x
crispus
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by crispus » 16/06/08, 00:09

Congratulations jeff2410, because space is limited under the hood!

If I follow the diagram, the reactor secures the connection between the exhaust manifold and the outlet pipe? Not too difficult to reassemble? What about the temperature resistance? I find the idea daring ...

I do not understand the role of the two GV?

This assembly makes me want to resume the AX 1.4D. The concern is that the intake manifold incorporates the air filter. I have to delete it and put an external filter, like on your 106 ...

Keep us posted on the results!
0 x
jeff2410
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by jeff2410 » 16/06/08, 02:03

Flytox wrote:Hello jeff2410

Can you give us a diagram of the whole? I did not quite understand how you go from the exhaust manifold to the intake manifold with the 4 coppers that stand out below.

jeff2410 wrote:

A+

I'm not very good at diagrams
seen from below of the intake manifold
it's a 4 in 1 made with copper Tees and Elbows
0 x
JEFF2410
jeff2410
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by jeff2410 » 16/06/08, 02:15

citro wrote:: arrow: Great your reactor outing!

If you go straight into the intake pipe which is just above, the doped gases do not have time to cool, to condense ...

A photo of this would be TOP, as requested Flytox

yes it is very short the thickness of the piece of wood 4cm and it heats up, the wood is charred and you can't leave your hand on the intake manifold.
I do not know if wood is a good idea the goal is to promote
gas / vapor electrification
0 x
JEFF2410
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 16/06/08, 03:00

jeff2410 wrote:
Flytox wrote:Hello jeff2410

jeff2410 wrote:

A+

I'm not very good at diagrams
seen from below of the intake manifold
[Img]

Provides to be able to easily modify your air intake in the entrance of the second GV (if physically it is small).

the difficulties with a horizontal GV is the internal water level
to know which level is ideal, vertical there is a lower point easier to evaluate,
Also remains the control, its reliability, which depends on the quality of the water and the needle system as well as the venting of the system (depression pressurization)
A good GV must have the possibility of evaporating between 0,5 liters to 1,5 liters per 100 km in a controlled manner.
Carry a spare filter for the water I use the same ones it takes 3 per year (it only costs $ 3,2)

Beautiful compact system, short pipes, after a few adjustments you should have good results.
the reactor tube if you weld it in the cast iron pipe how do you hang it in the exhaust pipe?
Pay attention to thermal expansion, I break a pipe with a too rigid reactor.

Andre
0 x
jeff2410
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by jeff2410 » 16/06/08, 04:10

Crispus wrote:Congratulations jeff2410, because space is limited under the hood!

If I follow the diagram, the reactor secures the connection between the exhaust manifold and the outlet pipe? Not too difficult to reassemble? What about the temperature resistance? I find the idea daring ...

I do not understand the role of the two GV?

This assembly makes me want to resume the AX 1.4D. The concern is that the intake manifold incorporates the air filter. I have to delete it and put an external filter, like on your 106 ...

Keep us posted on the results!

There is not much room, the reactor welds the manifold and the exhaust well.
I had to remove the starter and the studs from the exhaust pipe to get it in.
My problem is my tank at constant level I only consume 0,2l / 100km of water, at the beginning I thought it was because of my small GV, hence my 2nd GV placed in series in the part horizontal, result is not better. I now suspect the level tank, as soon as I have solved this problem I will give results of consos.
I'm glad that encourages you to continue
A+
0 x
JEFF2410
jeff2410
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by jeff2410 » 16/06/08, 05:40

Andre wrote:
Provides to be able to easily modify your air intake in the entrance of the second GV (if physically it is small).

the difficulties with a horizontal GV is the internal water level
to know which level is ideal, vertical there is a lower point easier to evaluate,
Also remains the control, its reliability, which depends on the quality of the water and the needle system as well as the venting of the system (depression pressurization)
A good GV must have the possibility of evaporating between 0,5 liters to 1,5 liters per 100 km in a controlled manner.
Carry a spare filter for the water I use the same ones it takes 3 per year (it only costs $ 3,2)

Beautiful compact system, short pipes, after a few adjustments you should have good results.
the reactor tube if you weld it in the cast iron pipe how do you hang it in the exhaust pipe?
Pay attention to thermal expansion, I break a pipe with a too rigid reactor.

Andre

My air inlet is actually a 15/21 copper plug that I drilled with a diameter of 10mm, I will prepare others with different diameters.
For the moment my priority is the level tank, I have tried to make it a house, it works badly the needle cannot close the water, which comes out through the vent hole; too much pressure? float too small?
This week I will go to the scrap yard to recover different carbs.
My horizotal GV I made it on 30cm much longer than what Cammel1 recommends because mine is in steel. For the moment I use it as a water preheater to facilitate vaporization in the small vertical GV.
The filter, I installed it at first to try to lower the pressure for the tank at constant level
the water in my tank is already filtered by a coffee filter.
The other side of my reactor (the inlet) is an elbow and it is welded on the exhaust for the moment it is good, let's hope it lasts!
That's it and thank you all for your advice and encouragement
0 x
JEFF2410
Flytox

by Flytox » 16/06/08, 21:08

Hello Jeff2410
jeff2410 wrote:yes it is very short the thickness of the piece of wood 4cm and it heats up, the wood is charred and you can't leave your hand on the intake manifold.
I do not know if wood is a good idea the goal is to promote
gas / vapor electrification

For the electrification of the steam, I didn't have time to do it, but I had thought of painting the inside of the entire intake manifold, including the duct in the cylinder head which leads to the chamber of combustion. Indeed I fear that the "benefit" of the passage on the wood which gives electric charges is annihilated by all this long course in aluminum well conductive of the intake manifold + the WITH ... :frown:

For the constant level, you will not be the first to fight ... : Mrgreen: to finally fire him.
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132