Tranformer my safrane pantone

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
micheloum
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Tranformer my safrane pantone

by micheloum » 27/05/08, 13:15

hello as i am new i would like to install a pantone, i have an injection engine. I don't know how to connect the whole set if you could light up my brain that would suit me thank you all
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 27/05/08, 13:21

0 x
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by martien007 » 27/05/08, 14:29

On a gasoline injection engine, I do not think that this is a good solution: the economy is not obvious compared to the "worries" of tuning. Finally, this is my opinion of what I have read generally on pantone assemblies.

On the other hand, a good solution would have been to have the LPG installed, the price of which varies from 0,65 to 0,80 euros / liter, it is half the price of diesel or petrol.

But, I believe that it is no longer possible to mount such an installation while benefiting from the bonus of 2000 euros because the vehicle must be less than 3 years old and not emit more than 160 g of CO2 / km ..... which is not the case with your Safrane.

An idea: you sell your Safrane petrol and you buy a Safrane already equipped with LPG on occasion (there are plenty on ebay), but this is the stroke of luck because you can come across a bad occasion with problems. Otherwise if you consume 10 liters of LPG, you get a spacious and comfortable car for 10 l X 0,75 = 7,50 euros / 100 km which is cheaper than an equivalent disel: 7 l X 1,50 = 10,50 euros / 100 kms.
0 x
micheloum
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

answer

by micheloum » 27/05/08, 19:41

Hello for a 6 liter v3 engine we calculate how I do not arrive too much. To understand, however, not blond, I want to put on a pantome because my car was in LPG but the caliper vialle has a grid, as it eats 12 liters per 100km
0 x
martien007
I posted 500 messages!
I posted 500 messages!

by martien007 » 27/05/08, 21:09

Is it expensive a vialle calculator?
0 x
georges100
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by georges100 » 27/05/08, 21:14

what is this thing ???? : Cheesy:
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 27/05/08, 22:10

: Arrow: Mine is a 4 cylinder 2.2si 12 valve equipped with NECAM EGI LPG injection.

Your Vialle kit is a gas or a liquid injection (GPiL). :?:

For your computer problem, it's a shame to leave the LPG down ... You know the forum gpl ?
This site is THE mine of information on the subject.

I myself have a little gambergé on the question but with the idea of ​​doping water with LPG.
I first thought to put the reactor in the catalyst, finally I will put a catalyst emptied of its monolith and think to place the reactor in the tube connecting the exhaust manifold to the catalyst (warmer).

In your case (transverse V6), placing the reactor in the catalyst is the best choice because the Y connecting the 2 banks of cylinders is located just before the inlet of the catalyst. I don't see any possibility of putting a reactor on the back bench. Putting a reactor on the front bench is possible, there is a nice length of tube straight before the Y but this may disturb the operation by braking the gases of the front bench only.

My idea of ​​doping is based on the use of information from the computer (LPG or petrol) to supply a GV. One of the closest achievements to this idea is that of MichelM to read without moderation here. : Mrgreen:
0 x
micheloum
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by micheloum » 28/05/08, 13:19

it is an old gaseous vialle model. I think by mounting the pantone process the calculator should correct the carburetion. but I also think that the water must remain in vapor. The fuel pump comes out I think 3 or 4 bar. If I remember the process that had been shown at a time, it increased the water temperature quickly, it was a small box. My beautiful brother had seen the plans which were at renault's. My beauf is no longer here soon
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 28/05/08, 18:48

micheloum wrote:it is an old gaseous vialle model. I think by mounting the pantone process the calculator should correct the carburetion. but I also think that the water must remain in vapor. The fuel pump comes out I think 3 or 4 bar. If I remember the process that had been shown at a time, it increased the water temperature quickly, it was a small box. My beautiful brother had seen the plans which were at renault's. My beauf is no longer here soon

What is your point ?
The fuel pressure has nothing to do with the rest, it is just kept constant to facilitate dosing which is ensured by the opening time of the injectors.

From LPG experience, safrane petrol computers are often disturbed by LPG. The self-adaptation system derives the petrol parameters and sometimes requires a regular reset of the petrol calculator (on LPG installations that have been poorly studied). This reset is carried out by disconnecting the computer from the rudder (cut-off of the power supply from the computer memory).
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 02/09/10, 11:42

:| The catalyst for saffron has just dropped ...
It's barely 100.000 km of life ...
I reassembled the catalyst after having emptied it, I will finally know its impact on the consumption and the general functioning of the car ...
I found it very windy during this vacation ... it's a bit normal with all the honeycomb channels that get clogged and accelerate its destruction.

I do not really plan to pantonize this car which only rolls occasionally which would not allow me to measure the result.

The unknown that remains; how it will go to technical control (in 6 months). :?:
0 x

Back to "Water injection in the engines: the assembly and experimentation"