8000km with a Retrokit E45 on a Vito 108CDI .....

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
Bixente
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

8000km with a Retrokit E45 on a Vito 108CDI .....

by Bixente » 16/04/08, 20:23

Everything is almost said in the title ....
Here is the assembly, I realized exactly the one which is proposed on the site of the seller.

However, I did not start my test like the rest of you.
That is to say that I voluntarily drove more than 3000km with the system installed, but inert, in other words without water supply.

I understood my pain on the first refill.
I myself was septic enough to insert this large reactor in my exhaust, and like some of you I asked myself a lot of questions about the reduction in the passage of exhaust gases.

Indeed, my Vito which consumed 7.10 liters / 100km before assembly, suddenly started to consume 9.3litres / 100km.
This just after inserting the reactor into the exhaust 15 cm from the Turbo.

Then, I made the system active by authorizing the filling of the bubbler with water. And there, same remark, not a single percentage of fuel saving, I pushed the experience until reaching the 8000km traveled by modifying the suction diameters, the adjustment of the water flow regulator, but nothing n did it.

I dismantled the system last week.
Here is the reactor head with 2mm more soot!
I also noticed by dismantling an increase in soot on the internal walls of the exhaust. I hope that the fins of my turbo and my valves are not in the same condition. Obviously the system prevented the proper flow of exhaust gases, hence the overconsumption.

I have not yet calculated the cost of raw materials, no sudden overconsumption imposed by the installation of the system because it is part of the risks inherent in the realization of this type of assembly.

Good stuff to all, I stop the experiences there, I am a bit clueless on the workshop side, and this experience demoralized me.

Bixente
0 x
Retrokit on Vito 108 CDI (which makes me consume more fuel) and bicarburation HVP on Clio I
Flytox

by Flytox » 16/04/08, 21:23

Hello neighbor Bixente

The assembly seems neat and clean! 8) Could you put us a little overall diagram of the assembly so that we can get an idea of ​​how it works and try to learn from it. The problems may not be insurmountable : Cheesy:
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
jime
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by jime » 16/04/08, 22:04

Hello

look at the bottom of this page, there is a guy who announces up to 40% savings with the same system as you, he just added a 12V fogger
https://www.econologie.com/forums/dopage-d-u ... 7-130.html

otherwise you must try to heat your bubbling water

I have the same kit as you, I experimented with the pvc bubbler without results, then I tinkered with a steel bubbler to have 5% savings finally I switched to gvi with 10% savings, since j 've "tuned" my gvi to reach much higher reactor outlet temperatures, I have to go for a consumption test go

I have not seen an increase in consumption since I installed the kit but no obvious decrease either, to follow
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 17/04/08, 04:38

Hello

Did you contact the seller of the kit and what explanation did he give you?

At first glance, this system worked with too much water and too cold
or put into operation before the reactor is hot.
Just do little walks from 15 to 20km
Too much water is overconsumption

Any cold part in the exhaust it becomes a soot sensor.
You will notice that the soot is not strong on the reactor, a simple echiffon cost it peels off, this is a sign that it is cold in the reactor, the soot in a hot part it cooks and it sticks strongly. .
It happened to me the same thing at the beginning I cleaned it modified and rested, and changed my way of operating it
We must not forget to condemn the ERG valve when we walk with water doping.
And not believe that the engine is burning water. It takes a small amount of water for it to work.
The plastic bubbler, its heating method is not famous, I wonder if someone has managed to do what with such a bubbler? I hope that those who offers it to test?

For the restriction that makes the reactor in the exhaust, I am much more restrictive on my assembly the only difference I am no longer able to roll at 180kmh and I lost some on the brutal accellations, but on the consumption i have won

Andre

0 x
Bixente
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Bixente » 17/04/08, 08:23

Andre wrote:Did you contact the seller of the kit and what explanation did he give you?

Yes, I have been in contact with them for a while, they told me that they did not understand that it does not work because on other engines it seems to work well.
I had already equipped a John Deere tractor with their SPAD which works correctly:

Andre wrote:At first glance, this system worked with too much water and too cold
or put into operation before the reactor is hot.
Just do little walks from 15 to 20km
Too much water is overconsumption

Too much water and too cold, I don't think so, because at the end I was driving without water, so no reason to cool the reactor. I only do routes on national and highway.

Jime wrote:look at the bottom of this page, there is a guy who announces up to 40% savings with the same system as you, he just added a 12V fogger
https://www.econologie.com/forums/dopage-d-u ... 7-130.html

You will end up making me regret having dismantled it and taking back the tinker

Flytox wrote:Hi neighbor.

RE-neighbor
I can no longer find the assembly diagram, I have to look a little more!
Have a good day
Bixente
0 x
Retrokit on Vito 108 CDI (which makes me consume more fuel) and bicarburation HVP on Clio I
bham
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by bham » 17/04/08, 08:45

Bixente wrote:I had already equipped a John Deere tractor with their SPAD which works correctly

What results on the John Deere?
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 17/04/08, 10:18

Hello,
it seems to me that the DCi engines do not go up much in T ° C, which justifies their good output and their low consumption / performances.

the T ° C must be insufficient to make the reactor operational?

electronics is a problem (lambda probe)?

André> why the ERG valve must be disconnected? otherwise the gases do not heat the reactor?
0 x
Bixente
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Bixente » 17/04/08, 10:27

jonule wrote:it seems to me that DCi motors do not go up very much in T ° C, which justifies their good efficiency and their low consumption / performances

Exact!
The engine temperature setpoint for my engine fluctuates around 70 ° C.

bham wrote:What results on the John Deere?

Around 20% fuel savings and 10% power gain.
Results confirmed by a passage to the bench.

Bixente
0 x
jonule
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by jonule » 17/04/08, 11:23

uh no 70 ° C it must be the T ° C of the coolant (+ it's low the better the efficiency), there we were talking T ° C exhaust gas outlet = T ° C in the engine cylinders, it's rather between 200 and 300 ° C! because direct injection ...
indirect injections (with combustion pre-chambers for turbulence, single-hole injector, "slow" glow plugs) rise to 1-600 ° C.

Reduced outlet T ° C = increased efficiency ... but in this case it is difficult to "hang" the reactor!
0 x
Other

by Other » 17/04/08, 15:47

Hello
I just reread DCI engine
there we should see those who have mounted on these engines
See those of Vitry on what type of engine and what results

But it is necessary that the system before reactor sends the good humid air some is the engine.

At 70 c for the LDR it is rather cold for an engine
the temperament of the LDR voluntarily held by the manufacturer is to protect a weakness of the cylinder head
Virtually impossible to operate a bubbler
it is necessary to count with a good exchanger at the LDR a differential of 10c, which gives a 60 c in the bulker.
On the Mercedes 300D I installed a 90 C calorstat
is I am not a fan of the reheater of the bulb with the LDR especially on a car, the reheating with the exhaust is definitely more efficient and faster.

On your tractor touch your reactor outlet pipe and on your car touch your reactor outlet pipe you will see the difference.

A reactor so clogged with soot loses thermal efficiency
(at the beginning I had results at the first outing, then like everyone else (I fish by excess) more water, I force-fed it up to 2,5 l per 100km and even more, after when I wanted to return to my settings it no longer worked, disassembly, cleaning and install restrictions in the exhaust to channel the heat on the reactor.
Do not forget that after the turbo it is not very hot
Look at the photo the red paint on the exhaust is not burnt.
How do you get into the engine? in front of the turbo, but where?

André> why the ERG valve must be disconnected? otherwise the gases do not heat the reactor?

The ERG valve returns part of the exhaust gas to dilute the oxygen in the air and make a cooler combustion, ultimately reducing the Nox (not forecement the performance if badly managed)
Although I ignore the role of water vapor at the time of combustion, I think that one must function with one or the other

I had more experience with water on a petrol engine with ERG and without ERG, it works better without ERG.

On diesel I condemned ERG from the start of water doping and I am not tempted to turn it back on. (see the poop that this generates in the intake manifold)

Andre
0 x

Back to "Water injection in the engines: the assembly and experimentation"