Picking towards admission - pantone water doping

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
ak
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

Picking towards admission - pantone water doping

by ak » 25/02/08, 18:22

Hello,

Still have questions.

We have big question marks in our heads: how to do the tapping to the intake on a 15 c2003 diesel.
In fact the air, coming from the filter, circulates in plastic tubes (4) fixed on aluminum tubes to the intake manifold. The fluid exits the reactor via a flexible stainless steel tube, and its extension to the inlet manifold was provided in copper.
No question of pricking in the aluminum, no soldering possible. So we assume that we have to make the taps in the plastic tubes, before the aluminum? This plastic might not withstand the heat, right? How did you do it?

Another question (the answer to which could override the one above): there is, at the intake, a return of the exhaust gases which mix with the air to return to the manifold. Can we not make the tapping directly in this duct since these exhaust gases are hot and could lead the fluid towards the intake? Has anyone tried? Does that sound absurd? Will there be a depression there? Sufficient? And in this case it implies a restriction to the air intake, but is it "viable" (lack of oxygen)?

Thank you for your answers, we are a little lost.
0 x
Alain & Dan
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 25/02/08, 19:37

Hello

It would be necessary to know if it is a turbo or atmospheric engine?
the ERG valve preferable to condemn it, with water doping
doping with water largely replaces its depolluting function.

If it's turbo you have to enter before the turbo (more difficult to enter through the hole in the ERG valve, it is pressurized)

entry can be done in several ways
directly into the intake manifold, one per cylinder requires drilling of the intake manifold and force-pressed tube direction of the intake holes (irreversible and more complex method depending on the tools
Simpler method (which I use) drill the plastic duct, place a small thermal insulating tube around the duct and enter the duct, some enter directly without installing insulation, even some enter with a neoprene rubber hose which (resites) at the heat it is held according to the assemblies around 100c, higher in my case
remains to check the vacuum in the engine manifold under load

Andre
0 x
ak
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by ak » 25/02/08, 19:57

Good evening André and thank you for your answer.

It's not a turbo, to answer your first question.

Andre wrote:Simpler method (which I use) drill the plastic duct, place a small thermal insulating tube around the duct and enter the duct, ...

This is the method that kicks us the most.
There I would like to know what is made of "the small insulating tube"? What are you using
For information, the tube which must be pricked in the admission makes an outside diameter of 8mm.
0 x
Alain & Dan
ak
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by ak » 25/02/08, 20:02

Me again :?

Cork should do it, right?
0 x
Alain & Dan
Other

by Other » 25/02/08, 21:01

Hello

the inlet duct before the turbo 12,7mm in diameter with a union, the hole of the plugged ERG rolls a piece of rubber around the duct, even do not put insulation it will take a year for the plastic to take play (if it comes hot, don't forget that the copper duct subjected to the large air flow in the tubing cools faster than the heat brought by the hot steam.

Andre

0 x
ak
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by ak » 26/02/08, 14:03

Thank you!
:?

The rest in a few days ...
0 x
Alain & Dan
Flytox

by Flytox » 26/02/08, 23:39

Hello Ak

Using the EGR valve tapping I only had problems. My intake duct is bulky (resonator) and the inlet is on one side instead of being centered.

Suddenly, there is a large asymmetry in the supply of steam to the cylinders (seen by examining the scale on the valve stems, only the 3rd cylinder was "cleaned"). The whole makes me a very large condensation of water which accumulates at the risk of being sucked in suddenly and farting everything ... Suddenly I connected much closer to the cylinder head (about 5 to 8 cm).: Mrgreen:
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
ak
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by ak » 27/02/08, 14:51

Hello everybody,

OK Flytox, and thank you, we forget ... Anyway, let's go for a quadruple stitching closer, in the plastic (tomorrow in principle).

As for the exhaust gas return (EGR), is it absolutely necessary to remove it? Would that greatly diminish the effect of depression if we left it?
0 x
Alain & Dan
ak
I learn econologic
I learn econologic

by ak » 27/02/08, 17:26

Hello again

There you go, I just came across the "EGR valve" discussion thread in the pollution control section and ... I don't think we will even try to keep the use of it to "see". Finally it is a "clear" answer : Cheesy: , although that is not an answer to the subject of depression.
0 x
Alain & Dan

Back to "Water injection in the engines: the assembly and experimentation"