My project for 306 Turbo diesel 92cv

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
fisch_man
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

My project for 306 Turbo diesel 92cv

by fisch_man » 27/11/07, 14:42

Hello, it's been a while since I heard about the pantone engine, and having acquired a 306 to retype I decided to get started.

So I make my presentation here because I saw that there was no section to introduce myself.

My name is Jérémie I am 24 years old I have just finished my engineer cycle and I am actively looking for a position in the automotive industry, the best would be a position of test engineer, development.

I have been practicing mechanics for a long time, on everything that has a 2T or 4T engine, brushcutters, chainsaws, mowers, scooter and tractor car, etc. I also read a lot on the subject and I am quite passionate about preparing a 2T engine.

I had a lot of cars but the last ones being too recent for my taste I never dared to test a pantone on it, this is a bit of an ideal opportunity because I just got a 306 TD with cylinder head gasket HS to repair it, suddenly to make a pantone engine it falls very well.

To the admins of Quandhomme: I wanted to thank you for the research you do and share, but still tell you that it's really a shame that the information is so contradictory sometimes, and especially that the organization of the site Internet is also chaotic, I'm going to get slapped on the fingers but too bad, but frankly we have to redo this site it would be really good because it deserves it, the layout and the colors are absolutely uncomfortable and especially the structure of the site fact that it is difficult to navigate, it lacks a large summary with sub-section, something quite interactive and implicit, because there it is a real labyrinth.

Besides, I spent part of my morning watching it and it's completely discouraging because the info is difficult to find and sometimes contradictory.

for example, I saw that there were already different processes, pantone, G system, spad with air bubbling, by exhaust gas, with water with water + fuel with two separate bubblers, with carburetor systems, in short I really find it difficult to find my way around and to determine when to use what.

It would be necessary to cut out, by type of process, and then to make sub headings for the precise functioning of each element, rather than having as sole source of technical data testimonies.

Today my problem is simple, I am looking to mount a pantone system or similar on this 306, I need technical and quantified information, already what type of process? How to install the pantone knowing that there is a turbo (flow and variable pressure)? and how to size in relation to the displacement?

I had an idea thanks to a diagram that I had found here

http://quanthomme.free.fr/pantone/usa/p ... lanPMC.gif

But since I read about the fuel mixtures of the different bubblers and the carburetors, I am totally blown away ... because apparently we should not pass exhaust gas through the bubbler ...

If I manage to do it I will make a document with all the plans and a manufacturing manual, I am moderator on others forums and I used to do tutorials.
0 x
fisch_man
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by fisch_man » 27/11/07, 15:31

ok, no fuel, just water for diesel, no carburetors but butterflies. it's not my anymore because it will be easier to do.

at the level of evaporation surface for a 1900 turbo what is needed about?
0 x
Far IR
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Re: My project for a 306 Turbo diesel 92cv

by Far IR » 19/05/10, 20:54

fisch_man wrote:Today my problem is simple, I am looking to mount a pantone system or similar on this 306, I need technical and quantified information, already what type of process? How to install the pantone knowing that there is a turbo (flow and variable pressure)? and how to size in relation to the displacement?

But since I read about the fuel mixtures of the different bubblers and the carburetors, I am totally blown away ... because apparently we should not pass exhaust gas through the bubbler ...

If I manage to do it I will make a document with all the plans and a manufacturing manual, I am moderator on others forums and I used to do tutorials.

Hello,
With a friend we want to realize a pantone project on a gasoline turbo and I think we are asking ourselves the same questions as "Fish_man", so if you have found the answers to your questions, please answer us!
0 x
2 things are endless: the Universe and human stupidity!
But for the Universe I am not sure ...
Flytox

Re: My project for a 306 Turbo diesel 92cv

by Flytox » 19/05/10, 21:55

Hello fish_man and Far IR
Welcome to the club

Today my problem is simple, I am looking to mount a pantone system or similar on this 306, I need technical and quantified information, already what type of process? How to install the pantone knowing that there is a turbo (flow and variable pressure)? and how to size in relation to the displacement?

Technical and quantified information ... most often relate to a very precise assembly on a precise engine. What is true / good on this assembly will not necessarily be exportable to another vehicle of slightly different technology and with bulk under the hood which oblige to make different choices and compromises on the "steam" components.

On the other hand, you will find experimenters who have tried a lot of tricks and who will be able to indicate to you a global "trend" by orienting you in such technical direction.

I had an idea thanks to a diagram that I had found here

http://quanthomme.free.fr/pantone/usa/p ... lanPMC.gif

This original Pantone plan is very interesting but especially valid for having fun with a mower (not too much for getting on a car). You will find much more successful achievements on Econology. Search with "camel1", "André", "the cornerstone" and I forget some of the best ...

The trend here, on Econology is rather at Gillier Pantone. That is to say that we inject (water and or steam) rather than a mixture (water / steam / fuel) of the real Pantone.

There are a lot of possible solutions / assemblies and we can try to help you if you present us your ideas / diagrams, technical engine info etc ...
A+
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
gildas
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by gildas » 20/05/10, 01:39

Good evening fish_man,

I've been trying to find a solution to pantonize my old clio diesel atmo for a long time and since the time I read on forums, I come to my conclusions:

- an underpowered motor is necessary for it to run with a good load. Your 306 is powerful enough don't expect too much savings
the ideal would have been an atmo.Opter Gillier-pantone.

2 solutions to produce steam: bubbler or instant steam generator.

The GVI acts quickly because placed on or in the exhaust, it takes a reserve in the trunk or elsewhere to supply it, supply controlled by a tank with float.But you have to do all that and it risks scaling up.

-A small stainless steel bubbler is simpler with max 1 liter of water so that it rises quickly enough in temperature (operational after 5 to 15 km) heated by coolant or exhaust.
Do not bubble with the exhaust; vinegar the water for better ionization. It feeds the reactor (only 1), which is placed as soon as it leaves the exhaust manifold in the exhaust.
Preferably removable (in case of scaling clean with acid)
If you do it yourself a length of 15 to 20 cm and 1mm between the rod and the tube, all stainless steel seems ideal.
3 welding points on each side to center the rod.
As for me I prefer to buy all that, I do not tinker!
Enter steam from the reactor placed towards the exhaust outlet.
Ionized steam outlet from the reactor to the engine, connect
between the air filter and the intake.Restrict the intake with a venturi so that the engine sucks in more steam without flooding
the reactor (setting to be found, install if possible a T ° probe on the reactor). Some put an anteroom before the reactor. A lot of info here:
https://www.econologie.com/fabrication-e ... ction-eau/

Use insulated sheaths (silicone) if possible.
Isolate the bubbler in winter.
all this info I got on forums.
I repeat I am not a handyman or mechanic and far from being an engineer.

good luck.
Last edited by gildas the 30 / 06 / 10, 23: 30, 7 edited once.
0 x
elephant
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by elephant » 20/05/10, 09:22

Fish_man said:

I have just finished my engineering cycle and I am actively looking for a position in the automotive industry, the best would be a position of test engineer.

In this case, by applying low profile on your experiments ... some of our friends will confirm.
0 x
elephant Supreme Honorary éconologue PCQ ..... I'm too cautious, not rich enough and too lazy to really save the CO2! http://www.caroloo.be
carburologue
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by carburologue » 30/06/10, 22:20

old post :!: unearthing
0 x
approach the end, we'll all spend ... not kidding ... a little humor is good for morale ...

futuristic saying