Tools Tips and Tricks

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
RolCopter
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Tools Tips and Tricks

by RolCopter » 25/04/07, 16:05

MIG-MAG semi-automatic welding

Definition:

It's the process of the future, thanks to the advances made by device manufacturers who focus everything on it.

It is arc welding under gas flow with a fusible electrode wire.

The wire conditioned in the form of a coil, both filler metal and electrode, is brought automatically and continuously by a reel and drive rollers, to the torch which is held in the hand.

The arc is formed between the automatically advancing filler wire and the base metal.

Characteristic of the filler wire:

* solid or bare wires in the MIG process (protection by Argon or Argon-Helium) and in the MAG process (protection by CO2 or Argon - CO2 (binary gas) or Argon CO2-O2 (ternary gas, etc.))
* cored wires with or without gas: the cored electrode wire has a tubular structure filled with an internal flow which replaces the gas during the melting of some of its elements and which can, like the coated electrode, provide metallurgical improvements, to the metal deposited

The coil of wire is in a reel: the wire passes through a system of rollers called capstan and is guided by a coaxial sheath up to the torch in the torch. The electric arc is sent between the part and the fuse wire. The welder presses a trigger to deliver the gas, bring in the electric arc and unwind the wire.

The major risks:

* dust +++ and smoke +++: especially iron oxide,
* release of gas and in particular CO with cored wires, Ozone if MIG on aluminum and stainless steels
* burns,
* risk of projections of very large foreign bodies in the eyes (molten metal),
* lots of UV and IR radiation,
* a lot of noise during welding with certain adjustment parameters (short circuits for example)
* a lot of noise during grinding.

Necessary technical checks and protections:

* Check the state of the welding station.
* The generator setting reduces projections.
* Daily maintenance of the device and more precisely of its mechanical part (reel, rollers, sheath, torch, that it is necessary to get rid of the dust emitted by the friction of the wire on these latter)
* Reduction in CO release with certain ranges of wires (example: ecological range of SAF).
* High compulsory eye protection (liquid crystal helmet and hoods, protective glasses 11 to 14),
* Suction torch possible in MIG and in cored wires without gas.

Source: Alsace Occupational Health

https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... _150_s.jpg

A link for those who want more
http://www.soudeur.com/search.asp
0 x
Less consumption is good
Less pollution is already a great result
RolCopter
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

For the bubbler

by RolCopter » 26/04/07, 16:21

Bonjour à tous

For followers of the bubbler
bubble diffuser For those who do not use a tire, it is an exhaust silencer. This is what I had already used as a filter and as a bubble diffuser on my "Bernard engine" assembly.
https://www.econologie.com/fichiers/partager/FiltreBullageFin2.jpg

In the previous photo plastic muffler, more commonly they are made of bronze.
* in sintered bronze
* in bronze with adjustable restriction incorporated to modify the flow.

https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... ncieux.jpg
Last edited by RolCopter the 26 / 04 / 07, 16: 53, 1 edited once.
0 x
Less consumption is good

zac
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by zac » 26/04/07, 16:29

Hello

trick to turn without a turn.

fix the part in a drill press it on the vice (open just enough). put a buddy with the file, lubricate well (turn in the right direction).

and There you go; if the operators have not 2 left hands it is + - 0.02

@+
0 x
Said the zebra, freeman (endangered breed)
This is not because I am con I try not to do smart things.
RolCopter
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

For measurements

by RolCopter » 26/04/07, 16:30

in an experienced recuperator: modification of a small ball valve to receive the temperature sensor. The seal is made using silicone tubing.

Targol change: correction of image tags
0 x
Less consumption is good

ThierrySan
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by ThierrySan » 27/04/07, 11:29

I'm leaning more towards the TIG process as the welding process of the future: possibility of welding thin sheets with TIG and possibility of welding the largest with MMA. All TIG stations have the plugs to be able to weld to MMA.
MIG-MAG stations cannot receive MMA torches and are used for the same welds as for TIG. Besides, I think that the TIG is more relevant because we are not confronted with a minimum thickness for the fusion of the filler metal. In the TIG, only the thickness of the metals to be welded affects the welding intensity ... unless you add a metal!

The only difference that is made is in the price for roughly the same applications in welding thin parts! TIG will always have the advantage of the MMA option ...
0 x
the joint
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Re: For the bubbler

by the joint » 28/04/07, 13:01

RolCopter wrote:Bonjour à tous

For followers of the bubbler
bubble diffuser For those who do not use a tire, it is an exhaust silencer. This is what I had already used as a filter and as a bubble diffuser on my "Bernard engine" assembly.
https://www.econologie.com/fichiers/partager/FiltreBullageFin2.jpg

In the previous photo plastic muffler, more commonly they are made of bronze.
* in sintered bronze
* in bronze with adjustable restriction incorporated to modify the flow.

https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... ncieux.jpg

Hi Rolcopter, your little filters seem to be ideal for diffusing the mini bubble but up to what diameter are they sold? because it is to mount on a flat 4 vw and I will connect it to a copper tube of at least 22 millimeter in diameter so as not to restrict the exhaust too much. Thank you
0 x
RolCopter
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

the risk of drinking the cup.

by RolCopter » 28/04/07, 14:23

Bonjour à tous

of the join
connect to a copper tube at least 22 millimeters in diameter so as not to restrict the exhaust too much.

If I am "bridging the exhaust" you are considering bubbling using exhaust gases. It is depending on the exhaust portion that you will channel into your bubbler through your 22mm pipe which will determine your bubbling. With a pipe of this section from my experience with Pantone (water + fuel mixture in the bubbler) you will have to seriously limit the flow of the exhaust gases, otherwise it will bubble up with the risk of make your engine drink the cup. You will realize for yourself that we need a very small part of the exhaust gas, so even if there is a retention at the end of your bubbling tube it can only be beneficial.

Silencers there are a wide variety, I have them at work (we throw them away when they are dirty)

http://www.technofluid.be/Departement/Pneumatique/ACCESSOIRES/FR/SILENCIEUX1.html

Note: I encourage anyone who plans to mount on a car to do it on a fixed engine beforehand.
https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... E8meG9.jpg
0 x
Less consumption is good

the joint
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by the joint » 30/04/07, 13:29

Hi Rolcopter do not worry I have already mounted on a tiller : Cheesy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbXzg8j7pMU

Regarding my exhaust reduction, my manifold is 40 mm in diameter so I already divide it almost by 2 with a 22 mm tube. I am afraid of compromising the operation of the engine by restricting it too much and causing too much power loss. I also intend to install a 3rd tube of the bubbler at the outlet of the exhaust silencer which has the role of evacuating the "cold" vapor when the engine is cold thanks to a solenoid valve. Consequently this valve will also be used for me to evacuate the vapor in excess when the pantone works. In this way all my exhaust gases pass in the water even if I do not reuse them all, at least they will have undergone a "partial" depollution by their passage in the water.

It is true that with a diameter of 22 it risks being the Tsunami in my bubbler !!!!!! : Shock: I was thinking of winding my tube in a spiral at the bottom of the bubbler so as to allow good heat transfer from the tube to the water and also to pierce it with a multitude of holes (1 mm in diameter) to promote diffuse bubbling. So if I follow your reasoning that shouldn't be a problem, that's cool. With all that should "mini bubble" !!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 x
RolCopter
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Quiet

by RolCopter » 30/04/07, 17:47

Bonjour à tous

of the join
Hi Rolcopter do not worry I have already mounted on a tiller

Don't even bend down to regulate the throttle.

By cons you could gain a lot of space by putting your reactor vertically and in addition if the orientation of said reactor relative to the pole has no problem influence.
0 x
Less consumption is good

the joint
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by the joint » 30/04/07, 20:42

Thank you Rolcopter, indeed it is a bulky hair although I did not take into account the orientation of the north pole. At the moment I have dismantled everything. It was history to test and now that I know that it works I remade another reactor for the combi. It will be online soon during the installation and the first tests
0 x

Back to "Water injection in the engines: the assembly and experimentation"