"Passat 1.9TDI"

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
RolCopter
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

"Passat 1.9TDI"

by RolCopter » 31/03/07, 02:13

Bonjour à tous
Opening of a new post "Passat 1.9TDI"
Following a breakage exhaust I decided to place a reactor in addition to the repair.
To answer André, as soon as everything will be functional I would do the measurements that he asked me, on the other hand I hope that the temperature on the surface will satisfy him because I do not intend to make holes to measure the temperature of the gases.
My best wishes to all testers
Last edited by RolCopter the 06 / 05 / 07, 15: 03, 1 edited once.
0 x
Less consumption is good
Less pollution is already a great result
RolCopter
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

exhaust with its reactor

by RolCopter » 01/04/07, 00:04

Hello
The first step is carried out (assembly of the exhaust pipe with its reactor) to follow the implementation and connection to the bubbler.
https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... one-01.jpg
I'll do a test by plugging the breather on the bubbler. Originally this breather goes directly into the air intake before the turbo to meet the standards of pollution control, resulting in condensation and an oil deposit in the tubing.
https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... flar12.jpg
0 x
Less consumption is good

Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 01/04/07, 04:44

Hello
I'll do a test by plugging the breather on the bubbler. Original this breather goes directly into the air intake before the turbo to meet the standards of pollution control, resulting in condensation and an oil deposit in the tubing

On the WV the exit on the valve cover there is a black box baffle to retain the oil and normally it is only the vapors that passes but if your engine is a little adventured it does not hurt by this breather. do a test and you'll see how that breathes through this breather.
A little advice is organizing you for the breather is not pressurized, because if the pressure rises in it it will piss the oil everywhere and diesel oil is well salop a terre
Not to mention that you can do peter seals back of the steering wheel and one in front close to the notched belt (both sides of the vibrequin ..
First run the reactor with water and leave the breather, later you can return there prudently at least you can make a comparison between breather and without breather in the reactor.

Andre
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 02/04/07, 06:00

Hello
I can only give you the same advice as André.
On my Golf I noticed the disappearance of the exhaust smell when I use the breather in the reactor.
The oil does not dirty the stem.
To avoid problems it is better that you use the breather with an auxiliary air inlet in your reactor.
In case of overpressure it will ventilate by the arrival of secondary air.
On the Golf I had noticed an increase in 40 ° C of the reactor outlet temperature, with the use of the breather.
FYI I have never used the breather for very long because there are still risks (overpressure).
0 x
RolCopter
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by RolCopter » 02/04/07, 17:55

Bonjour à tous
Andre little you specify what little loosen

"Not to mention that you can make the seals behind the steering wheel and the one in front close to the toothed belt (both sides of the vibrator .. "

PITMIX at what level do you fear an overpressure?
Last edited by RolCopter the 12 / 04 / 07, 16: 53, 1 edited once.
0 x
Less consumption is good

PITMIX

by PITMIX » 02/04/07, 23:04

Only if your breather blows too much there is a risk that the restriction formed by your rod reactor is too important.
And in addition if the reactor clogged by clogged oil on the stem and paroies it may become clogged.
As a result, the oil pressure may rise too much in the engine, which will make you squirt the oil through the filler cap and all the holes where the oil can escape.
There may be spies that let go but there I can not learn more because I am not mechanic.
0 x
Other

by Other » 03/04/07, 02:09

Hello
Andre little you specify what little loosen

At each end of the crankshaft there is a seal with an internal spring and (lip) which prevents the oil from coming out, these joints are fragile to the pressure if the crankcase is too long
the rubber edge turns around and the oil flows
the one on the pulley side is changeable, but the one on the flying side you have to remove the engine and the steering wheel.
the rest of the rocker cover and casing seals this is more pressure, but not much ..
Andre
0 x
RolCopter
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Ok for the overpressure

by RolCopter » 03/04/07, 16:48

Bonjour à tous

Ok André and PITMIX for overpressure, I still want to try by putting a low pressure relief valve before the reactor.
Otherwise there is an option to recover the reactor output to the intake: by eliminating the ERG valve I get a direct tap on the intake manifold.

https://www.econologie.com/fichiers/partager/ERG-14.jpg

There is another disadvantage with the breather connection the bubbler is pressurized and the steam should form at a higher temperature.

Regarding the fouling of the reactor because of the oil I have already seen what it did on a Bernard engine pantonized with a mixture of frying oil and water: a "beautiful varnish "

https://www.econologie.info/share/partag ... eau_17.jpg
There is a design error on the whole assembly, the one who finds gains all my esteem lol.: Mrgreen:

My best wishes to all testers
0 x
Less consumption is good

PITMIX

by PITMIX » 03/04/07, 21:54

Hello
Yes you are right for the location of the EGR valve it makes a good connection for the reactor.
Have you looked in your collector to see its fouling?
On mine it's scary. : Shock:
I am divided between two ideas.
Either it's the EGR valve or it's the breather that does that ...
I do not know. In my opinion it's both.
In any case if I compare the intake manifold of my R5 water-doped and that of the normal R5 that of the doped R5 is much cleaner. Yet that of the R5 doped 160000km against 80 90000km for the other.
I will be attaching the photos shortly on my subject of the R5.

COLLECTOR OF THE GOLF
0 x
RolCopter
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Call the chimney sweep

by RolCopter » 04/04/07, 17:16

Bonjour à tous
PITMIX calls the chimney sweep, yes I saw the same condition on my engine the valve is easy to clean, the collector too but you have to want to disassemble lol. A nice weekend in perspective for testing:
in the program
- Bubbler test with breather connection and safety bipass to shunt the reactor in case of overpressure.
- connection study instead of exhaust gas recirculation.
Last edited by RolCopter the 04 / 04 / 07, 18: 54, 1 edited once.
0 x
Less consumption is good

Back to "Water injection in the engines: the assembly and experimentation"