Pantone on motorcycle Terrot 350

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
Segub
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

Pantone on motorcycle Terrot 350

by Segub » 25/02/07, 02:14

Hello

It's my turn to get back on track, earlier than expected, but I have dismounted, cleaned up, autopsied my carb and it's really not brilliant. I find a carbu or I pantonise the beast?

I have a 350 side 1932 motorcycle that I am trying to retype. There is work on the mechanical side, it is worn, worn, worn .... Once finished I wanted to seriously bend over to mount a pantone. For the challenge that this represents, to have a better performance of the mill (about 9 CV of origin, a little light 2 with arms and luggage!) Taking the least risk for the mechanics.
There is also for pollution: The manufacturer's data gives about 4.5L of gasoline and 0.5L of oil at 100 km! No no, there is no error on the oil, it's worse than a 2 time! In fact, the mother is a lubed oil lube, it goes once in the engine and what is not burned is evacuated in nature by the sniffer.

For the moment I have been thinking about the problem and if it is viable in my eyes, I attack.
I have two solution: G system or 100% pantone.

The system G seems simpler in principle but will ask me difficult problems. I need to warm up the water and there are difficulties of stability of the assembly with the differences of outside temperatures. Then I do not know how to incorporate the oil in the circuit, or rather recover it and the verse in the tank with each refueling, I find it not very practical and a mixture of 10% oil 4 time to start cold is not the best.

The 100% pantone seems more favorable in my case. I can information about machines that runs with the 100% pantone. I think it is less sensitive to external temperatures, it is more complicated to adjust than water and apparently the response to acceleration is slower, which is logical given the length and inertia of the gas in the pantone. There is also the concern of the non-constant depression in the intake following the opening of the throttle valve.

I think doing so:
The sick carburetor of my Petochon is of old and removable design. The gas can reach the level of the needle well with a diam. of 8mm. The place of the carburetor bushel is the place where the depression is the strongest in all diets. It can even be put a new needle fit this new mega and then needle to regulate the flow.
The reactor will have a 8x120 rod in an 10 tube inside. A chamber of 5 cm after the reactor and one of 10 about before to heat and well spray the mixture. The mixture will be made by a reduced model 5mm carburetor, see less fueled by the float tank of the carburetor of the bike moved down from the engine, hooked to the model carburetor. This is where I could incorporate the oil that comes out of the sniffer and mix it with gasoline.
The survey of the bushels of the two carbs. will be granted to open at the same time in the same proportions.
The needle screw small carbu will adjust the carburation in full opening. The syncronized opening of the two carbs. I will have to help me for the medium revs, I eventually have the needle needle needle to help dose the half openings and there is a second bushel in the first on this kind of carbu to enrich the mixture at will. For recovery, I'm not really a solution for now, I'm not a pump recovery.
For the cold start, install a second microcarbu on the intake pipe, just to start. I might be able to use it as a manual pump.

Voila, can you correct my copy? This will prevent me from reinventing the solutions already trying or not working and losing a precious time.

For reasons estetiques, I would like to keep the curvature of the pot but it is hardly possible with the reactor unless to put balls there like rod. For those who have tried, the balls are less effective than a rod or it's the same?

Thanks and see you later!
Last edited by Segub the 04 / 03 / 07, 23: 21, 1 edited once.
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 25/02/07, 06:35

Hello,
You embark on a contract for man, the road will be long and difficult, walk in 100% panton for a highway driving is feasible but driving city with slowed and accelerating is not in the easy.
What you need to know about a 100% panton at the entrance of the reactor is installed a small carburetor its air inlet remains fixed the hole must be smaller than the residual surface rod reactor ..
at the outlet of the reactor it is necessary to have an adjustable air inlet, this air will be mixed with the gas leaving the reactor, all this passes through the original butterfly of the accelerator.
To control the engine speed it is necessary to control the richness of the small carburettor entered panton and the exit air intake panton in the right proportions. (is all this synchronized with the butterfly)
I have this assembly on a small generator that makes two valves to manipluler and a screw of wealth
You are better to respect the order first to enrich the essence, then to give air, if you do the reverse the engine suffocates.

You should get your hands on a small static engine just to master the adjustments, it works as well oil if you start it with gasoline or alcohol ..

Andre
0 x
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 25/02/07, 09:31

hello, and welcome, your model is not great, to experience! I am a little in the (old) part, the vintage was not terérble, if your carb is worn, the engine, the box, the clutch cook etc .. should not be in good condition! ! saw the price to redo the pieces !!!!!
to roll two more luggage I hope it's a joke, you will not go far! you are not going to drive miles, even if it will heat up well! I trust you!!!!!! : Shock: for a used collection at the rappe that will roll 250 400km / year : Arrow: far from being valid! take a more recent model, which region are you from?
0 x
White would not exist without the dark, but anyway!

http://maison-en-paille.blogspot.fr/
Segub
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by Segub » 25/02/07, 23:17

Hello

Thank you for your quick answers.

First of all, Denis, you had to write a shell: you were wrong in the number of zero or you spoke about the kilometrage of the non-annual weekend .... My intention is really to ride with this machine with my woman and the full panniers!

The bike is rolling but as you say: it will go on its wheels but will come back on a plateau, that's why it is in the room now and is doing all the mechanics in depth. the outside remains pretty much in its own juice. The box is finished not without having cotèrent a milleuse and a turn of close. the clutch was rebuilt with pieces of other clutches and the wear parts were redone. The magneto has also been redone. the reel and condo by a professional and I have changed, repaired or remade 8 other parts to be really reliable. Currently I am on the low engine and it is about to be traced. I do not tell you how it was, it's not the theme of this forumbut a modern engine would have exploded for a while ....

Voila, all that to say that I look dingo to want to ride with but do not worry, I'm not uncomfortable so far and in September, if it is reassembled fully I intend to go on vacation with my wife on the tan-sad and always come back to the handlebars of La Terrot.

André, thank you for your answer even if it worries me a little.

first, the system you describe does not contradict my idea apparently, even if you do not put shutter at the entrance of the reactor.
On the other hand, I understand that the accelerations are slow because of a high inertia in the response of the reactor. If I can adjust the carburetion, I still have a big drink ..... before having a poum for acceleration ... the time that the reactor gases accelerate.
So, we must not seek to accelerate the reactor gases but rather enrich them to limit the response time. then it will be necessary to deplete them as the gases accelerate in the reactor. Hmmm ... not obvious ....

André, between a low regime and thoroughly, you greatly enrich your injection in the reactor? in what proportion approximately? it's to give me an idea.

Good, resonate: We must manage to automate a quick and easy way the richness of the mixture. Reinvented the carburetor with a pantone in the body. It means a small reactor and a piece of electronics.
In a small reactor, I only know those made by Michel David. There was something else that works or does not work elsewhere?
The electronics must in my opinion be able to know the volume of air swallow by the engine at any time and adjust the wealth conseanse with a peak of wealth recovery to overcome the inertia of the reactor. There I need help, I do not have knowledge in electronics.
If these two conditions are met, it must be fesable. I forget nothing?

Denis, you say to me: "take a more recent model, you are from which region?" Well ... I am in the lower part of Loir-et-Cher (41). Why ? uh ... do you have some interesting stuff in the back of your garage or on shelves?

That's all for tonight, more later.
Segub
0 x
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 25/02/07, 23:35

yes I have things, for electronics on your terro it's crazy, but hey, original I think you have a manual setting of wealth, it's great,
and if you roll so much, go for a ride in the 38 :D
0 x

denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 25/02/07, 23:37

Highly photos of the terro pantone !!!
there are some who have a hard time believing it : Shock:
0 x

PITMIX

by PITMIX » 25/02/07, 23:53

Hello and welcome
She is beautiful your bike.
Do not go and endanger it.
If you have the possibility to make pieces for the pantonisation and keep those of origin of side.
So if one day you decide to drop you can put it back home.
0 x
Other

by Other » 26/02/07, 01:33

Hello
André, between a low regime and thoroughly, you greatly enrich your injection in the reactor? in what proportion approximately? it's to give me an idea.

The proportoin is quite important in idle e ten full power we talk about 7 has 10 times more .. (Consumption of carburan tau slowed / consomation full power ..
With a 100 reactor, you can not find your full power.

But I deceive you to disguise this beautiful antique model to install a panton, it has tand old engines that drag to put pantons with exhaust on the same side as the admission it helps for the duct lengths.

Andre
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 26/02/07, 09:48

: Shock: I join my voice to others ...

What a beautiful machine!
I can not imagine modifying such a machine, a piece of our motorcycle archeology!
No, do not try the pantone, the top. What would you do with it? What technical interest? This would not be transposable on a more modern engine!
Already many of the members of forum can not roll enough to measure the performance of their transformations ...
The use of such a machine will be so episodic, you will wring your brains for nothing!

I advise you to find a machine less than 20 years, reliable and simple (honda, bmw, kawa ...) in bicilindres with parts available in motorcycle break.
This is not the case of this beautiful machine, unusable everyday. :?

If you take the step, try at least that your modifications are reversible and that you can restore it of original state ...

Signed: an amateur of vielleries. My grandfather dredged my grandmother in Terrot. : Cheesy:
0 x
denis
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by denis » 26/02/07, 10:02

if it's not a joke, follow these tips

500z would not it? :D
0 x