2 Golf GTD: doping water

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
calou13
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

2 Golf GTD: doping water

by calou13 » 15/02/07, 21:55

Good morning all ; I've been following you on this for a long time forum and I congratulate you on all your attempts. Here I have just acquired a golf 2 GTD of 88 and I would have liked to know if it was a good basis for doping with water. What do you think would be the most suitable system for this kind of engine (turbo diesel), and what can I hope in terms of efficiency! All your informed opinions are welcome!
0 x
I Citro
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by I Citro » 15/02/07, 23:33

An indirect injection turboD devoid of electronics is an ideal base for starting water or pantone doping.

Then, the place under the hood is a plus ... as is the arrangement of the exhaust and intake manifolds.

My observations made me discover that an engine with 2 valves per cylinder with the intake and exhaust manifolds on the same side of the cylinder head has the advantage of allowing a very short circuit between the reactor outlet and the intake inlet.
Vehicles with a longitudinal engine often release a lot of space, especially if it is a large vehicle whose engine compartment is sized to accommodate large 6 or 8 cylinder V or inline engines.
This type of implantation is becoming rare on modern European vehicles.
0 x
PITMIX
Pantone engine Researcher

by PITMIX » 16/02/07, 08:14

Hi welcome to you
A fellow Golf doper.
The work will be easier for you because your engine is devoid of electronics.
I think you will get better results than I do.
It is also necessary that on my side I make consumption measurements to know where I am.
0 x
calou13
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by calou13 » 16/02/07, 18:26

Yes, it seemed to me that this engine was particularly good at the Pentone. Do you think I should prefer a GV to a bubbler?
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 16/02/07, 19:04

You have to see.
GV, bubbler ... It is above all a question of space.
You can make yourself a bubbler that heats with the exhaust that makes a GV bubbler ...
You can also make a GV without reactor or a reactor without GV or bubbler ... with a mini carb.
The main thing is to get something that satisfies you and that gives results.

How do you use your car?
I think that is the main question.
If you use it very little like me, you will have trouble knowing if your system is working.
You need to know exactly what the consumption of your car is on a highway at stable and moderate speed.
0 x
calou13
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by calou13 » 16/02/07, 19:21

In fact for the moment I just bought it so I don't know its consumption and not much. I think I will use it mainly on trips of about 10 km.
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 16/02/07, 19:39

It's limited but hey, if you use it regularly, every day for example, the conso will be quickly made.
On my assemblies I make sure that I can completely isolate the system in order to make comparisons with and without a reactor.
It lets me know if it's effective or not.
On the other hand, one thing will help you to know if it works without doing thousands of km, it is the famous effect of doping. A little more on the engine torque side.
Personally I have never felt this.
And I'm still looking for that effect.
In fact I would have to try a car dopped with water which has this effect and which I compare.
With reactor in service and reactor out of service without water or air.
0 x
Other

by Other » 16/02/07, 20:38

Hello
calou13 wrote:In fact for the moment I just bought it so I don't know its consumption and not much. I think I will use it mainly on trips of about 10 km.

I would not discourage you but for trips of 10km
you will not see a big difference with reactor and without reactor, no more than if you decide to convert to oil.
The heating time is 4 km in summer.
you need to be aware of this before expecting interesting numbers.
So you have to think about it before investing in this job
not to be disappointed with the results, which in town is a meager 5% and still sometimes not measurable.

Andre
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 16/02/07, 21:01

I confirm what André says.
calou13 is 13 like your department?
Last edited by PITMIX the 16 / 02 / 07, 21: 03, 1 edited once.
0 x
calou13
I discovered econologic
I discovered econologic

by calou13 » 16/02/07, 21:02

Thanks Andre; it's true that I had thought about it, my job is 10 km from my home so the car barely has time to heat up. It is still boring that I see, but it is on that I will not get started right away!
0 x