Pantone on mercury 316CDI?

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
bleusideral
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Pantone on mercury 316CDI?

by bleusideral » 14/04/18, 11:00

Hello everybody

I am a little lost in the world of pantone, a lot to read and understand and yet I would like to pollute less, and consume less with my oil stove that I use qu'oen summer period from where a little fouling, 130 000 kms .... and given the new constraints of the CT, I'm a little afraid !!!!

I saw the ad: https://www.hybridforall.fr , but I hesitate: the price is justified (480 € approx VAT included) and the performance is it correct for you, for those who may have experienced it?

If not, are there among you who realized it for this type of engine: 5 cyl 316CDI? maybe find the optimal plan ... Anyway I'm a little lost, if you could help me ...!

Thank you in advance
0 x
A gesture more econological econological a gesture and it is the planet that will suffer more!
Flytox

Re: Pantone on Merco 316CDI?

by Flytox » 15/04/18, 23:24

bleusideral wrote:Hello everybody

I am a little lost in the world of pantone, a lot to read and understand and yet I would like to pollute less, and consume less with my oil stove that I use qu'oen summer period from where a little fouling, 130 000 kms .... and given the new constraints of the CT, I'm a little afraid !!!!

I saw the ad: https://www.hybridforall.fr , but I hesitate: the price is justified (480 € approx VAT included) and the performance is it correct for you, for those who may have experienced it?

If not, are there among you who realized it for this type of engine: 5 cyl 316CDI? maybe find the optimal plan ... Anyway I'm a little lost, if you could help me ...!

Thank you in advance

For advertising, they do the same as others with prices just as unjustified. In short, nothing new under the sun.
If, can the charcoal filter on the inlet of the bubbler ..... utility ?????? Already one of the problems is the low airflow that goes into the bubbler, if more they brake with a filter .... ????
Another problem, their heat exchanger, like those of other brands, with a flat bottom, by putting it on a cylindrical exhaust, it will wear very badly and will probably not heat up enough, so little steam and therefore risk sending "big "drops of water entering the turbo and there it sucks ......
One advice, do your editing yourself, you have enough doc on econo to do.
Good mechanical.
0 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.
[Eugène Ionesco]
http://www.editions-harmattan.fr/index. ... te&no=4132
bleusideral
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by bleusideral » 18/04/18, 15:22

Thank you for all these tips! I want to do it myself because I have the skills of welding under multiple techniques, after, I feel a formidable study as to the development, and it is true that I would have liked a return of experience on this type of 2 686 cm3 engine with more accurate plans ...
As for this kit, I note the "plating" of the reactor against the exhaust tube, but I think that we could integrate it with a cutout in the tube in question with high temperature sealing (would there be not an obstruction of the exhaust gases?) ... I continue my investigations but I remain open to any discussion!
0 x
A gesture more econological econological a gesture and it is the planet that will suffer more!
bleusideral
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by bleusideral » 18/04/18, 16:04

I come back on my topic, I take example of realization, 2 types of montages: the kit ECONOKIT and the ECOPRA, according to these examples of realization, which of the two is the best? ECOPRA seems more complete ...
It also seems that stainless steel is preferred, the use of demineralized water too, but what water conso it requires?
Sorry for all these questions, but before embarking on a production, I harvest a max of info !!
0 x
Flytox

by Flytox » 18/04/18, 22:50

bleusideral wrote:... after, I feel a great study on the development, and it is true that I would have liked a return of experience on this type of 2 686 cm3 engine with more accurate plans ...

There are a lot of different engines and very little editing described explicitly .... it is not crippling, but actually it is necessary to bump the focus.

bleusideral wrote:As for this kit, I note the "plating" of the reactor against the exhaust tube, but I think that we could integrate it with a cutout in the tube in question with high temperature sealing (would there be not an exhaust gas obstruction?)

Yes, it will be able to heat up much more effectively. For the obstruction, I guess we should not decrease the cross section of more than 1 / 4?
1 x
Reason is the madness of the strongest. The reason for the less strong it is madness.

[Eugène Ionesco]

Flytox

by Flytox » 18/04/18, 23:14

bleusideral wrote:I come back on my topic, I take example of realization, 2 types of montages: the kit ECONOKIT and the ECOPRA, according to these examples of realization, which of the two is the best? ECOPRA seems more complete ...

Nobody has yet made this comparison seriously at least on Econo.

bleusideral wrote: It also seems that stainless steel is preferred, the use of demineralized water too, but what water conso it requires?
Sorry for all these questions, but before embarking on a production, I harvest a max of info !!

Stainless steel solves corrosion problems. Demineralized water limits deposit problems but .... may not be the best solution for Gillier Pantone's performance. André preferred to recover stream water etc ... for better results.
For water consumption, it is very dependent on mounting, heating, gas flow, length of pipes (pressure drop) etc.
This can vary from nothing (the kits that allow you to put several meters of pipe between the reactor and the intake), to several liters per 100 km. Sorry for not being more specific, but the "right" water consumption is when it works. When it consumes nothing at all, I have big doubts ... despite the assertions of some. : Mrgreen: When we arrive at several liters in the 100 km, we would have to bring this back to cubic capacity for example, to know what we are talking about. On my mount R19, it is not with the big conso of water that I obtained the best performances but rather the biggest hiccups and other drownings of the Gillier Pantone. : Mrgreen: (management of chaotic functioning).
1 x

[Eugène Ionesco]

bleusideral
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by bleusideral » 29/04/18, 19:49

With a little delay, I thank you Flytox for your comments that I appreciate!

For the moment, I'm going to be content to pick up some more info from all over the world before I seriously start making the reactor, especially for the dimensions according to my engine power, the settings make me a little scared, I'll see more late so, and roll to 20% vegetable oil while waiting, for this summer ...
Good continuation
0 x