Mounting 100% pantone on large generator

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
sam17
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

Mounting 100% pantone on large generator

by sam17 » 16/02/06, 00:48

hi, well i will attack a first assembly on a declassified generator of the army.

It is a model based on a car gasoline engine so big consumption. At the price where gasoline is, it seems essential to run it on diesel.

Here are some pictures:

the beast :

the engine and the location for the reactor:
As you can see here, the intake and exhaust manifolds are one above the other glued so as to heat the carburetor, a configuration that will make my job easier for my installation!

As for the reactor I plan to build it from a steel rod 14 mm in diameter, 15 cm long with a clearance of one mm with the tube in which the gases will circulate.

Regarding the intake of gases that will exit the reactor, I still hesitate between drilling directly on the intake pipe and between installing a venturi above the carburetor:

As far as bubblers are concerned, again it's quite a program!

A bubbler for water and one for fuel oil or recovered vegetable oil. For both the principle will be the same:

Already it seems to me essential that the system be as quickly operational as possible to allow current use of the thing. It is for this reason that I chose to heat the liquid in the bubbler with exhaust gases.

a thermal probe (a beast ctn should be enough) placed in the liquid gives me a resistance which interpreted by a simple electronic assembly will command me a valve on my bypass to the exhaust according to the temperature of the liquid. To simplify my mounting it will work in all or nothing, the mounting will allow me to adjust the threshold at which I let the gas pass. To control the valve I will use a solenoid for opening / closing the car door.

I think bubbling is optimal when the air passing through the liquid is preheated. After considering external preheating, I think the easiest way is to use the heat present in the bubbler to heat this air, so everything will be at the same temperature.

The level of the bubbler will be kept constant by an Austin mini carburetor needle tank which has the enormous advantage of not being integral with the carburetor itself.

To minimize the risk of admitting drops of water in the reactor I plan to install a foam at the outlet of my bubbler.

to see a little more clearly a shema of principle (certainly a little ugly, I am very bad designer) or nothing is proportioned!

So much for today. I keep you informed of developments.
0 x
--
Patience is a tree whose root is bitter, and whose fruits are very sweet.
sam17
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by sam17 » 16/02/06, 20:40

Here is one more solution for those who break their heads to make a constant level on their bubbler.

If you have the possibility of getting parts of Austin mini, know that on this car the needle tank is separated from the fuel.

So you just need to place the needle tank inside your bubbler with the fuel inlet directly connected to it (it works as well outside).

here is a shema of principle since nobody has yet protested for the horrible quality of my shemas :)

Here's what a mini fuel tank looks like in real life:

Top left on the image: the fuel inlet
in the middle: threaded blind hole to fix the tank
below: the fuel outlet.

opened :

0 x
--

FRANCK (49)
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by FRANCK (49) » 16/02/06, 23:17

I will follow this closely. I have the same project an age converted to oil.

mine is only 1200watt but i got it for free.

Your GE has what output power?
What is it driving?
how much is this beast of war that nobody should want because gasoline.?

have you ever converted petrol / oil?
0 x
everything is polluted, everything is possible to decontaminate
sam17
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by sam17 » 16/02/06, 23:38

As amazing as it sounds, I didn't pay for it either. In fact it is not really mine, it is a friend of mine who was passed on by his beauf and who buried him at the bottom of a garage because he was gasoline. The project was to mount a 505 diesel engine.

for general info on the beast, I took this photo in case :)

In terms of the engine I think it's the same as on the Citroen DS even if I'm not on the model. I'll check that out tomorrow.

For the price I have not the slightest idea. I believe that its original owner had it in a lot of large material bought from auction sales in the domains, so no precise price. Otherwise for my part it does not cost me a penny. At most one afternoon for restarting the beast (ht coil broken and platinum screw slightly oxidized).

Otherwise it's my first pantone experiment, so also my first petrol / oil conversion.
0 x
--

FRANCK (49)
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by FRANCK (49) » 17/02/06, 01:03

I have a friend who has already pantonized his mower.

I did some try one day with him to conso an AM with several% water / ess

but it is not easy to realize because the engine speed varies according to the different%.

he had lowered his arms a little but I moved him with but tried to gas (blowtorch ess) and my try to burn waste oil (filtration molasses).

we did a quick test with fried oil (filtered 1µ), 3 cans. the bottom one filled with 3/4 of oil, another top (without the bottom so a tube) with an oil vapor intake fitting, the last one still above all as a cover.
we heated the oil and waited a bit for it to start vaporizing. a lighter at the outlet of the fitting and it lights up.
in hindsight we made a kind of bubbler or gasifier in oil.

since then he remade a pantone all welded to try the conversion of his mower to gas-diesel then gas-oil!

otherwise 10kv is worth a try, even if you switch to gas-diesel it would be very nice.

you are lucky to have a ldr circuit (coolant) you can put exchangers on it!
0 x
Other
Pantone engine Researcher
Pantone engine Researcher

by Other » 17/02/06, 01:58

Hello
It is not a DS engine, the cylinder head was aluminum and hemispherical
rather it looks like a traction motor, cast iron cylinder head inlet and exhaust on the same side,
The starter is not a Citroën, there is no solonoid on the traction and the first DS the starter was retained by a single needle screw, a very ingenious assembly which unfortunately got lost, a real Genie what builder and his engineer Lefebvre.
To return to the pantonization of this generator set, I advise a reactor powered by a small carburetor and walk at
diesel or red fuel oil, which is not very complicated to achieve
on an engine that runs at 1500 rpm (you have a 4-pole generator) and which has torque, you should perhaps expect a slight loss of power depending on the design of the conduits that you are going to make (because of some depression in the reactor)

Andre
0 x
sam17
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by sam17 » 17/02/06, 08:29

andré: Indeed, with a carburetor I am well aware that it would be simpler to implement a priori but I think I master much better the parameters that come into play on a bubbler than on a carburetor even if the assembly in itself is lighter with a carburetor. That said, I don't give up on the idea of ​​fuel right away, far from it.

Otherwise this is it, it is a traction motor. I was no longer on at all and I hesitated between traction and ds, but since these are mechanics that I am too young to have known and that for me traction is really an ancestor, I thought it was the ds the most plausible.

franck49:

Interesting shot of cans. this is a kind of bubbler / gasifier. It's the same principle as when you have a fryer that catches fire in kitchens.

For the ldr circuit, it takes more than 10 minutes to painfully reach 70 ° because the engine is very well ventilated! In addition, the goal is to make it work as close as possible to a device that can be used on a daily basis without long preheating periods. So I'm thinking of making a bubbler heater based on exhaust gas for an almost instant temperature rise.
0 x
--

FRANCK (49)
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by FRANCK (49) » 17/02/06, 11:36

sam 17 if it's a traction motor it's a real collector's item. we feel that andre has already rolled in there. : Lol:

for transplanting on the ldr I thought more about heating the fuel in case of diesel fuel.

for the flaming fryer yes it is the same thing, it happened to a friend firefighter in addition (not in service) a fryer which caught fire it was extinguished but it fell and everything resumed. result the whole face, both hands burned : Shock:

ca should ignite around 250c °. I did combustion tests with a paint gun (70c ° c bucket of oil)
on an oil fire well launched. the heat output (with only 2 bars) is simply phenomenal. I think one day I will make a ball torch (in oil)

All that to say that if it works with work we will manage to run our petrol engines with oil gas.
0 x
FRANCK (49)
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by FRANCK (49) » 17/02/06, 12:12

I've been looking for the engine type for an hour:

rnur = no renault

"AMAN" group? 403 engine normally

used more than 100 euros.

http://cgi.ebay.fr/groupe-electrogene-a ... dZViewItem

you can thank me i could have worked an hour on my pantone : Lol:
Last edited by FRANCK (49) the 17 / 02 / 06, 17: 26, 1 edited once.
0 x
rezut
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by rezut » 17/02/06, 12:53

hello sat 17 and welcome

when I see the config of your group I think it would be a shame not to take the opportunity to install a system like on the tractor n ° 42 (copy and improve by spad) to see if the economy achieved by diesel would be identical with a gasoline (personally I will try the experience because I think it has never been attempted)
especially since the GE is closer to the tractor than to the car

ps: the idea of ​​the level of the mini is not bad although still a risk of breakage or erosion of the rod of the float (gasoline no risk but with water ??) personally I opt for a system without mechanics (system of the bird trough) it is mounted for a year and no worries
Last edited by rezut the 01 / 03 / 06, 13: 34, 1 edited once.
0 x