pantone diesel engine Citroen Bx

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
rezut
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

pantone diesel engine Citroen Bx

by rezut » 09/01/06, 15:21

if that helps this is what i have achieved

bx diesel without turbo 248000km - Consumption 6.2L / 100 before assembly
5.3 on long journeys on national roads

pantone in the tube (rod of 14 stainless steel lg 200, tube of 15/21 lg 250)
(I planned its replacement by the same but in a stainless steel tube without inflating the tube at the level of the reactor)
photo 1

photo 2
rod held on one side by a screw of 6 and on the other by 3 balls crimped in the rod
photo 3
pantone outlet
photo 4
bubbler
photo 5
bubbler in place feed by a vase close in the upper part
photo 6
Bubble warming by coolant
photo 7
Overview of the bubbler and connection to the air filter hose
The 12 / 14 tube and bevelled inside the hose
photo8
Blower supply tank (set higher than bubbler)
photo 9
Stop valve placed under the vase to allow its filling
(The bubbler being powered by 2 tubes of 4mm 1 for air and 1 for water by the automatic watering system, if one does not close the tap the vase empties into the bubbler)
Last edited by rezut the 09 / 01 / 06, 15: 59, 1 edited once.
0 x
Christophe

by Christophe » 09/01/06, 15:41

It's done, add the content of your subject as I told you in a private message.
0 x
rezut
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by rezut » 03/03/06, 12:53

Hello
as promised here is the new tube with its pantone and its peeled off rod on each side of 7 cm and weld on the side of the steam inlet

detail on the reactor outlet side

on the steam inlet side (it is difficult to see but the stem is decoleted and welded through the elbow, therefore inside the pot)

here are the next images as soon as possible time to isolate all of this and mount it on the bx
0 x
Woodcutter
Econologue expert
Econologue expert

by Woodcutter » 03/03/06, 13:52

Nice boilermaking work in any case: bravo!
0 x
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 06/03/06, 12:35

You welded the torch there?
0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!
rezut
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by rezut » 06/03/06, 13:19

You welded the torch there

well no and to say if i didn't have a brother who welds tig so well i could never have done so well
the tube is going up since Saturday but I have a problem with the rod of the gear lever which stumbles on the entry of the reactor
Finally I will try to hold (vibration in the cabin from 1 ° to 4 ° and calm in 5 °) for one or two full to see my consumption and if improvement, disassembly, and either change the rod or desoldering of the reactor to lower it by 1 cm and that I have not yet talked about to the brother because I am not sure that he can do it quickly (he is a plumber and calm periods are rare)
meanwhile i'm going to ride with noise canceling headphones : Lol:
no I'm kidding it's bearable
I keep you informed as soon as I have reliable consumption (full every 15 days) I prefer a full than to do 100km and to top up it is much more reliable and closer to reality
0 x
camel1
Pantone engine Researcher

Oh!!! The pretty reactor!

by camel1 » 08/03/06, 02:50

Hi rezut!

Here we are, I see that your exhaust line looks like that of my 205, which only surprises me halfway, since your engine is an XUD9, the big brother of my XUD7.

I also see that you are facing the same problem as me, namely the bulk, and that in your case, the linkage affects the assembly, in certain positions ...

It is because of this pb that I opted for my transverse assembly, and before realizing anything, I took care to study the available space, and validated that by a model in expanded polystirene ( easy to work) to see in situ if it held without touching anything ...

It is clear that from the point of view of realization, your editing is simpler than mine. The take-off coup is excellent, all that remains is to adjust all of this so that you can shift your gears without any problem ...

As for me, I am already thinking about the next version of the reactor, which will use an assembly of the same kind as yours, because it remains in my opinion the simplest solution to implement ... even if the study of the space is tedious!

In any case, well done, keep us informed of your results, as soon as you get them, I would like us to arrive at a moment to synthesize all these experiments, to find THE solution that kills! : Cheesy:

Sincerely,
Michel
0 x
We were on the brink, but we made a big step forward ...
sam17
Éconologue good!
Éconologue good!

by sam17 » 08/03/06, 08:04

Hello,

great job, this is where we see the difference between a pro and a DIY :)

The question I ask myself is this, how do you do it (you or your brother :) to cut the exhaust at the reactor outlet hole? I'm talking about the oval hole species. Because for my part that it is in the lapidere, that it is with the drill or with the hacksaw (tools which I have to work with metal) I do not see how to do it.
0 x
--
Patience is a tree whose root is bitter, and whose fruits are very sweet.
Other

by Other » 08/03/06, 16:13

Hello Sam

There are beautiful little carrots that you put at the end of the hole
it looks like a cliff with teeth that 12,7 mm in diameter, you make the hole of the shape you want, in the sheet metal that quickly ..

Andre
0 x
rezut
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by rezut » 09/03/06, 08:04

hello sam

André has just aimed it is indeed with a strawberry of 14 or 16 on a compressed air milling machine it is professional stuff (it's plumber) and it does a superb job in a short time
0 x