Chevrolet Tahoe, V8 ...

Edits and changes to engines, experiences, findings and ideas.
nofy
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Chevrolet Tahoe, V8 ...

by nofy » 29/12/05, 21:35

Good evening everyone,
Well as I said before, I come by this post to keep you informed of my work.
I know in advance that this is not going to be easy (André warned me), but I want, so I do.
I started to make a bubbler, (I keep it simple, because for me small carbs or aeros are a bit complicated) in stainless steel, in a 160 mm diameter tube, with a "conical cap" on the top and anti-rising water deflector inside. I soldered the whole with silver solder (I have nothing else) and apparently it holds and it is hermetic.
I plan to put a copper aspiri tube of 32 mm in diameter, pierced with small holes for bubbling, and supply this bubbler with a brake switch and windshield washer pump (classic right?). That's basically for the bubbler.
For the reactor, I plan to put 2 (1 in each exhaust outlet) leaving the original diameter. As the place that I spotted are straight parts, I plan to install them at an angle to have the inlet and the outlet opposite and thus avoid the elbows. I don't know if being biased matters or not? If anyone can tell me. I intend to weld the reactor on the exhaust tube, silver welding or MIG? What do you think ?
For the aspi between the bubbler via reactor, via intake, I will install it just before the venturi which is already used for LPG, we will see ... I have not yet found if it existed on this model, a EGR valve, but I don't think it is from 1999.
For the photos, I would try, but it is not won, because I suck in IT.
Nofy (dream)
0 x
PITMIX
Pantone engine Researcher

by PITMIX » 29/12/05, 21:57

Hello nofy
If you are welding with a blowtorch, try the brass solder. It is better than money for all that is steel. And the stainless steel / copper solder is not very solid. I hope your solder is 99% silver. For soldering on the pot do not put money it will not hold. The MIG I do not know, but I brazed with brass it is costau (860 ° C melting temperature) and it is even easier than silver to braze. Put on welded goggles.
Otherwise for the position of the reactor I do as you want to do and I find it good, look at the first page of my post super 5 doped I talk about the solders and you will see the photos of the reactor.
A + have fun ... : Wink:
NB: the brass solder does not work with copper.
0 x
nofy
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Welding, an art ...

by nofy » 29/12/05, 22:13

Hi Pitmix,
What I call the MIG is a station that unwinds a wire and the gas used is Atal, and I can because I have one. For the soldering I only have a plumber's sudo-gas, the bottle is as big as a spray paint ... so for the brass I don't know, but I'll try ... and thank you for your advice and bravo for your realization a little complicated for me, which I followed from A to Z.
Nofy (dream)
0 x
lau
Grand Econologue
Grand Econologue

by lau » 29/12/05, 22:25

why are you asking the question a mig is studied for! all bodybuilders have one; I don't have one and I'm going to hit all the arc welds : Shock:
0 x
The number of molecules in a drop of water is equal to the number of drop that contains the Black Sea!
nofy
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

For Lau

by nofy » 29/12/05, 22:46

Hi Lau,
I think you are confused by saying that a MIG can weld everything, and if I ask is that I have a doubt, ex: stainless steel on exhaust tube.
It seems that the welding with the rod are the most beautiful and the most solid, for those who know how to weld well, then be happy and courage.
Nofy (dream)
0 x
Other

by Other » 29/12/05, 23:08

Hello,
All cars built in North America have ERG valve well before 1990, it appeared in the mid-85s
Your THAO must have one too
For mig welding it also welds stainless steel and even aluminum
you need the right spit and the right gas.
The best welding for small odds and ends is still the TIG
Few handymen are equipped for.
There is also the old soldering, with the breaststroke (brass) Brazing which is still quite easy to make, al, silver is less solid but for small thin sheets it makes the bubbler in particular.
I find that we have a whole choice for welding and many kinds of rods currently available, I remember younger apart from the blowtorch and the rods we were doing with it ...

Andre
0 x
PITMIX

by PITMIX » 30/12/05, 00:05

For the brass solder you find at Carrefour at Casto et al. Your little torch is an oxi power with oxygen and propane? I have one and for small solder it works very well. Steel heats up quickly with a blowtorch, so no huge power is needed. In principle I do the welding on the exhaust with my work torch (it's free) but I think an oxy power would do the trick.
0 x
nofy
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Happy New Year's Eve to all the "Pantonizers & quo

by nofy » 30/12/05, 13:06

Thank you all for the information, it's really nice to see that we are not alone.
Tomorrow I'm playing the streamer in the bubbler and I'm trying to send you some pictures.
Happy New Year Pantonist to everyone and to our cousins ​​in Canada.
Nofy (dream)
0 x
Sdc77
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

by Sdc77 » 30/12/05, 14:28

Hi nofy

I have a chevrolet camaro of 89 with a v8 5litres TBI, do you have the same engine or do you have 5,7 liters? Is it a TBI yours too or a TPI?

ndc
0 x
nofy
I understand econologic
I understand econologic

Chevrolet Camaro

by nofy » 31/12/05, 10:38

Hi SDC 77,
I do not know these names TBI or TPI, if you can explain it to me.
The Tahoe from 1999 is equipped with the 5,7 engine, so-called Vortec sequential injection, until 2000. It is an engine found on many vehicles and for many years, which has undergone changes, but the base is always the same. Maybe your engine has the same, down to 5.0 l.
Happy Holidays
0 x

Back to "Water injection in the engines: the assembly and experimentation"